PRIDE 8/28-9/18/05: 18 day London/NYC

aaannnthony

Sounds good to me. I know the Leonids (sp?) and SusanTravels are sailing, unless she was just asking about clothing for future refereence. . I wish we just did roll calls, since our threads seem to get muddled in other discussions. I love that, but can't keep everyone straight!

Jane

anthony~~~Yes, most in my "Gang" are not C.C.'ers. Only a few......

I've not done a head count lately, but I am guessing I'll have at least 12 to 15.

All close friends that have sailed Seabourn for years......for many the Three Day Tour is the annual "reunion" when we all get together.

Host Dan.......suppose I happen to come up when a Suite for the "Gilligan's Island Tour?" Would you consider joining us? LOTS of fun, seasoned Sailor's will be on board. (you can also count on a few surprises) We'd love to have you!

Martita

aaannnthony:

1. I'm now with the program.

2. My wife & I will be in 108 (Len & Lynn Schiller from Reno, NV). We will be staying at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel in South Kensington for three days prior to embarkation.

3. On the Barcelona to Istanbul cruise in April, Team Trivia was a kick. Is that to which you are referring?

4. Won't be doing the three day post. Back to the wild, high desert country.

Hi Len & Lynn, we're two up from you in 104, either you booked b/4 us or were fortunate to fall in place to a cancellation, but, no biggie, all the cabins are same!

Regarding trivia, Jane Pond and I have nominated ourselves as co-captains, see above, so, you and Lynn are welcome to join us on our CC team; my BW feels she's not competitive, so, she'll be doing other things during trivia.

Keep posting, we're only about 59 days from sailaway!

We'll arrive the morning of sailing.

aaannnthony: Would love to join the team. If Jan is still the Cruise Director, she might not like me there. Our team came in second and I am looking to win this time. See you at the Sky Bar.

Anthony~~~I've e-mailed Mette (Chief Purser) inquiring as to a few "Three Day"

staff questions.......Cruise Director was one of the queries. As Jan Stearman and David E. have been on the Pride for months, I'm thinking they both will be disembarking soon for their vacations.......I do not believe the CD will be Jan Myers. Eric left the Legend on June 26th for his holiday........soooo

Capt'n Tonis will be at the helm, a guess is Nils will be Staff Captain, Vitor will be HotMan......Karl will be aboard as to dining room Maitre 'D. Not sure as to Cheffy.

As soon as I receive a reply from Mette, I'll let you know.

Happy July 4th!

Martita

Thanks Martita. We've been aware that Capt.T.T. would be aboard for our sailing since January. We were in Ushuaia, aboard the Crystal Symphony, the same day as the Pride. When we returned to the ship from our morning tour, we found him "lunching" with some of Crystal's officers in the dining room. In our brief little chat, he indicated he would be doing the late summer crossing.

Is the Maitre 'D Karl or Karol, or, are there two? We had Karol, very young, for seven days, and then Laurent for our final 13 days last year.

Please post new info as you receive it. Thanks!

Anthony~~Had an e-mail from the Chief Purser.....Marcel will be the Maitre' D (a real sweetie) Chef will be Ioan, he's super great! Nils will be on vacation so I don't know his replacement. Jan M. will probably be on. Tori boards in NY on Sept. 15th, as a few other Staff/Crew.

Miss M.

On our April - May Barcelona to Istanbul run, David G. (Asst. CD) said he would be back in Ft. Lauderdale "running with his buds". Jan did say she would be on the Crossing. Suprised that Karl will not be onboard. He indicated that he would be welcoming us back.

Have never sailed with this Captain. How does he compare with the old standard?

Looking forward to winning Team Trivia!!!

Len, which of the Jan's were you on with?

Captain T.T. Sorenson(sp) is great. We were at his table the night b/4 entering Rio, and, I asked him when he would be reporting to the bridge in the AM. He indicated about 5:30, and, he asked if we would like to join him; we did, what a wonderful experience, sailing into Rio, on the bridge, passing Sugarloaf and the Christ statue as the sun was coming up. He even poured us a cup of coffee.

aaannnthony: CD Jan Stearman...sailed with her in 11/2001; then again in spring of 2002 ...remembered us this past Spring...quite a voice,,,use to be a LV singer...hope she is on the Pond crossing,

It's now about 3PM in London, so, eight weeks from now we'll all most probably be unpacking our suitcases, getting ready for the 6PM sailaway!

I'm somewhat confused as to how we board the ship....looking for help. Thanks!

You'll be boarding from Tower Pier in Lower Thames Street. There will be porters waiting at the top of the ramp to take your luggage and you'll board a tender from the pier which will take you the few hundred yards under Tower Bridge to the new floating terminal where the ship will be berthed. Checkin is all done there now and no longer at a hotel. The pier used to be a secure area with Xray machines and metal detectors but I believe that's all done at the terminal or on the ship now as the pier is no longer a closed area.

Eight weeks isn't too long to wait, I've got exactly double that to wait. :(

By the way, HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY to all my US friends. Have a great holiday!

Len, do you book ship tours, or, do you prefer to "wing-it" on your own? We prefer the "on your own". If you're similar, perhaps, we can try to arrange private van tours with guides at our port visits?

Jane, this post refers to you also!

My choices of what to do depend on my mood, the port and whether or not I have been there before, whether or not I speak the language, and what's offered. How's that for a precise answer? I often would prefer to have a car and tour some places on my own or with one other person. In Marseille I just got a cab and took some tours on my own, for example. In Nice, I joined the Virutoso tour (who wouldn't?). Sometimes, especially in the Carribean, I let everyone else go ashore and stay onboard, often taking part in the Spa 'specials'.

I was looking at our itinerary coming up and since I have not yet received any documents (my TA has been away) I haven't thought about things. One trip I don't plan on if it's offered, is to watch crystal being made in Waterford. BTDT and have seen it on TV. I might hire a car in Ireland, however, if it's a nice day. I want to see Avoca in the nice weather.

Sorry about missing your post.

Jane

Jane, Anthony, Susan, and Sailor's on Aug. 28th, Pride

A fun thing to do in Waterford is to go lunch at the gorgeous Waterford Castle Hotel! The 5* hotel is located on it's own island......and they offer their free car ferry to and from. They have a beautiful golf course. The Waterford Crystal factory is interesting, if you've not "done it", but I've found it's the MOST expensive place to buy Waterford in ALL of Ireland!

Another "must do" is to hire a driver/coach in Dublin and go down to Johnny Fox's Pub in the Wicklow mountains for lunch. Last year four of us trekked down to the seashore, drove thru' the mountains, then lunched at Johnny Fox! The food is incredible. For dinner reservations one needs to book several months in advance.....we noticed last year, they've added a heliport! Take your cameras.

Don't wave the Irish Republic flag up in Derry like I did!!! Hahaha

No one will ever let me forget that faux pas! (I thought I was on the Republic side of the river when we were sailing in.......wrong!)

Have fun! And happy trails!

Martita

Archived