PRIDE 8/28-9/18/05: 18 day London/NYC

aaannnthony

Maybe you can give us a weather forecast on Saturday for Sunday.

Here is the weather forecast for London, England. Today, Saturday, is overcast but dry and mild. Tomorrow is expected to be sunny with a minimum temperature of 15 deg C and a maximum of 24 deg. Monday is expected to be the same although, perhaps, one degree warmer.

The small print-

This forecast is given in good faith but I accept no responsibility for its accuracy and suggest you bring a souwester and umbrella - just in case :)

Hope to see you at the pier tomorrow.

John~~~Yes, I arrive back in Texas from Milan, on Sept. 7th, then will return

to New York on Sept. 14th. Will board the Pride ship and will be on for the "Gilligan's Island Three Day" and then the following week, up to Quebec City.

I understand both voyages are SELL OUTS!

Oh, by the way, do you know a web cam for The River and The Tower Bridge?

Let's "stalk" the Pride as they sail down the River today! (arrival in London: 2: am)

Martita B.

John~~~Yes, I arrive back in Texas from Milan, on Sept. 7th, then will return

to New York on Sept. 14th. Will board the Pride ship and will be on for the "Gilligan's Island Three Day" and then the following week, up to Quebec City.

I understand both voyages are SELL OUTS!

Oh, by the way, do you know a web cam for The River and The Tower Bridge?

Let's "stalk" the Pride as they sail down the River today! (arrival in London: 2: am)

Martita B.

Martita,

I have been searching for a webcam,but no luck.The cam that used to be here is not operating and the company has stopped its viewing.I am sure Norm will get plenty and post on the board.

Did you here that Norm ?

John

I am sure Norm will get plenty and post on the board.

Well if they'd let me on the ship I'd happily act as the webcam down the river :)

I'm going to try to get to the pier while people are boarding but not sure if I'll get to watch the sailaway. Still can't work out where would be a good vantage point. The only places I can think of are Canary Wharf and Greenwich but it could be starting to get dark by the time the ship gets there. Any ideas from any other Londoners?

Hi Norm,

I used to live in Narrow Street,Limehouse at Victoria Wharf which is at the entrance to the Limehouse Basin and Marina.There is a walkway that goes in front of Victoria Wharf and as this is the widest part of the Thames (this is where the ships are turned around to back into the pool of London) it provides a great view point as you see the ship from a long way off and it can take twenty minutes to get to that point so providing you with some great photo's.I thinlk that the light will also be good looking at the weather today.

Happy Snapping

John

Thanks, John. You're a genius. I went this morning to the pier but was a little disappointed. I came across a Mr Jobsworth who wouldn't let me wait in the waiting area. I stayed around for about an hour - with my Pride cap on - but didn't meet Jane, Leonid or aaannnthony. I did see a number of crew I knew going ashore for lunch, including Carol and Yolande.

When I got home I saw your post and decided to go back again in the evening for the sailaway. The Thames Path by Narrow Street is beautiful. If it weren't about an hour from where I live, I'd be tempted to visit often.

Managed to get a few pictures but the sun was getting low in the sky and getting in the way. So I got my farewell shots of the ship. She'll only be back in London twice next year. :mad:

33827667-O.jpg

33827670-O.jpg

33827672-O.jpg

33827677-O.jpg

Can't get the last pics in this post so will put in next one.

John

There were some great looking apartments. Wouldn't mind one there myself.

Hi Martita

I did get a few other pictures of people on the ship but no one I could recognise. I enlarged the picture I posted and I THINK I might have seen Captain TT on the bridge.

Here's the best I can produce - do you think the one on the right's TT?

33847784-M.jpg

Norm~~~YES.....that's the one and only Sir Captain Doctor Tonis T.! (another title yet coming next March)

Just think......last year on this very day we were merrymaking with a "full boat" of Crosser's.......I certainly am missing not being there, but every now and then, I guess we must attend family weddings and celebrations! (ugh!)

Did you visit with any crew members that I know? I'm glad you saw Carol Frey.

I'll "catch up" when I board on Sept. 15th.......

Thanks again, and hugs.

MB

Norm, awesome pictures. I think that anyone who has been on the ships and sees them just wells up with joy!

How do yu post them on here. I have lots af great pictures and someone on the European Ports was posting pitures of another cruise line in the fjords, and I wanted to share some of our Pride there too.

Sea-hawk

Thanks for the nice comments.

Sea-hawk, it's a bit of a complicated process but you first have to post your pictures on the internet somewhere so that you can put a link to the pictures in your post on the forum. I have used both pbase.com and, more recently, smugmug.com. I am sure there are some sites that can host pictures for free but I use these because of the number of pictures I post. Once you've got a link, you just put it in as an image. You need to have your options on Cruise Critic set for standard editing - WYSIWYG doesn't seem to work.

Regards

Norm

• 4 weeks later...

Archived