Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

So I've read that Indy was going to San Juan, and now I'm reading maybe it's not and it's still the Jewel. Was there info besides the Eskimo site that placed Indy in San Juan? The TA ends in Fort Lauderdale, whereas the Jewel TA ends in San Juan.

Would love to sail the Jewel's itineraries on Indy!

As far as I cN tell, only that one site showed it. I was hoping for it also as I love JW but think the SJU market deserves a ship change for variety. Oh well....maybe next year.

Are these meant to be on sale to the general public now? Because after long patient wait I managed to get a list up of cruises for August 2017 on the UK website, and then changed the search to show prices for 2 adults and 2 children and now it'll only show me 2016.

Beyond frustrated with this right now. Desparately trying to hold in my head how wonderful the experience is once you're on board and that it's all worth it!

The sailings were available to the general public as soon as they were loaded onto the website for booking. If you are looking for a cabin that holds 4 it could be that there are no cabins left open that hold 4..,,although some may open up. Might not be the. Add though. Keep trying or call your TA...they can help you find a cabin.

Week of March 7th Eastern Carribbean is supposed to be available. I am so excited - can't wait to book a spring 2017 cruise. Hoping that C&A members will get 24 advance access on the 6th maybe ? Is there a certain day they make the dates available ? I think I remember reading something about they post on Thursdays-

What in the world happend to Indys norwegian fjords cruise 29 june? its now change to something diffrent :o

They changed it to a boring Oslo, Copenhagen, Stavanger cruise. It is a shame! This was the only new and exiting cruise on Indy..... RCL offers nothing new in 2017 and the cruises to the North beside the Baltic options are a joke. Unfortunatelly we have to book Celebrity, Norwegian or P&O next year.

They changed it to a boring Oslo, Copenhagen, Stavanger cruise. It is a shame! This was the only new and exiting cruise on Indy..... RCL offers nothing new in 2017 and the cruises to the North beside the Baltic options are a joke. Unfortunatelly we have to book Celebrity, Norwegian or P&O next year.

What was the former route please ?

Apologies for asking an off topic question, but I see much TP discussion so hoping someone knows the answer...

We took my MIL on her first cruise this past January and she is keen to do more. She would love to see Hawaii but isn't a great flyer, so we were considering just flying 1 way and then cruising back to Sydney.

For those who have taken a TP Hawaii - Sydney how did you find the weather and sea state at that time of year (October-ish)? She does get seasick so I'm hoping it's not too rocky!

Thanks

In fact so good we are doing it again this year!!! Weather was great in 2014, a couple of rough days just before reaching Wellington but not bad enough for either myself or hubby to get sick - calm cruising all the rest of the time.

Rhapsody April 2017 TA is officially cancelled and we got hosed. :(

$200 OBC for inside, OV and balcony, $400 OBC on suites is nice, but they are only price protecting Jewel and Brilliance. our current booking situation does not allow us to choose the Eastbound Brilliance and all the JS's on the Westbound are booked. Looking at Jewel, but not holding my breath.

They knew this was happening and could have let us know yesterday prior to the release of cabins. :mad:

Edited by John&LaLa

$200 OBC for inside, OV and balcony, $400 OBC on suites is nice, but they are only price protecting Jewel and Brilliance. our current booking situation does not allow us to choose the Eastbound Brilliance and all the JS's on the Westbound are booked. Looking at Jewel, but not holding my breath.

They knew this was happening and could have let us know yesterday prior to the release of cabins. :mad:

Sorry to hear that - their timing is really inconsiderate of those being inconvenienced by the Rhapsody cancellation. Has anyone reported on why the system does not show Brilliance 2017 EB TA ?

I couldn't agree more. The timing is unfair and inconsiderate. And, most likely, was unnecessary. I do not believe they did not know this when they released the Jewel TA' s.

They certainly should have let you know you know sooner John.....and well before before the new itineraries were released. You can however, keep the $400 OBC for the booking of your choice on some other sailing. (even if it is a one week cruise)

Edited by Coralc

Sorry to hear that - their timing is really inconsiderate of those being inconvenienced by the Rhapsody cancellation. Has anyone reported on why the system does not show Brilliance 2017 EB TA ?

Spoke at length with a nice lady at the redeploying desk. Brilliance eastbound should not be back up until Monday. I may have a hold on a JS though, but no guarantees

They certainly should have let you know you know sooner John.....and well before before the new itineraries were released. You can however, keep the $400 OBC for the booking of your choice on some other sailing. (even if it is a one week cruise)

It's actually $600 because we had two cabins. ;)

Hi John & Laura,

Apologies if I should have asked you this over at our Roll Call but out of curiosity how was it that you were informed of this? I'm trying to figure out if the news just hasn't reached us here in Australia yet or if it's because it's outside of office hours for my TA. I logged in to my booking just then and it's still showing my Rhapsody booking so it's almost as though it hasn't filtered through to the system yet?

Thanks

Hi BekkaW, hope this reply is not too late but just saw a reply to you up above as well... for me/mum/hubby in 2013, we found the weather 'fair enough' for what we *expecting* the closer we got to NZ (i.e. it got pretty choppy but nothing that we hadn't taken a preventative pill for), but most of the other passengers were struggling quite heartily.

Our very first cruise in 2007 was on the tail end of a cyclone with 14 ft waves though so I think we must have had more of a baptism of fire than most. All that to say it was fine for us but if you have more of a sensitive stomach you may struggle...

Hope that helps

Apologies for asking an off topic question, but I see much TP discussion so hoping someone knows the answer...

We took my MIL on her first cruise this past January and she is keen to do more. She would love to see Hawaii but isn't a great flyer, so we were considering just flying 1 way and then cruising back to Sydney.

For those who have taken a TP Hawaii - Sydney how did you find the weather and sea state at that time of year (October-ish)? She does get seasick so I'm hoping it's not too rocky!

Thanks

Hi John & Laura,

Apologies if I should have asked you this over at our Roll Call but out of curiosity how was it that you were informed of this? I'm trying to figure out if the news just hasn't reached us here in Australia yet or if it's because it's outside of office hours for my TA. I logged in to my booking just then and it's still showing my Rhapsody booking so it's almost as though it hasn't filtered through to the system yet?

Thanks

Email from my Travel agent.

What was the former route please ?

8 nights to Flaam, Olden, Alesund, Skjolden and Stavanger. Three nice fjords in one week! The cruise was published for a short time without prizing.

Indy did the same cruise already for one season in 2013 (and Adventure in 2014 together with a unique cruise to Iceland) but they struggled with bringing the big ships into some of the small ports.

However, they offered many more options in the past.

This is not good. An offer that really isn't an offer, except for the OBC. Jewel is way cheaper than Rhapsody, and I have no idea what Brilliance TA will look like. I can't do WB TA on Brilliance since there's a conflict with my work schedule (a lot of activities at work).

On the other hand, I have a SI on Serenade Eastbound on hold that's actually cheaper than Rhapsody. No double points, but even without them, I'll be diamond after the TA, was working towards that. I might take a look at Serenade WB, but it's gonna be way to expensive.

I wonder how and when they will let me know it's cancelled. Maybe I'll have grown a mustache by the time the message reaches me :D

Was looking forward to sailing with you

Cindy

So I've read that Indy was going to San Juan, and now I'm reading maybe it's not and it's still the Jewel. Was there info besides the Eskimo site that placed Indy in San Juan? The TA ends in Fort Lauderdale, whereas the Jewel TA ends in San Juan.

Would love to sail the Jewel's itineraries on Indy!

On the site I referenced it looks like Independence replaces Jewel for the winter of 2018, not 2017. When she does, it looks like she takes the Adventure itineraries, and Adventure takes Jewel's. I don't know if my information is accurate.

On the site I referenced it looks like Independence replaces Jewel for the winter of 2018, not 2017. When she does, it looks like she takes the Adventure itineraries, and Adventure takes Jewel's. I don't know if my information is accurate.

Thanks for the clarification. I was indeed looking for March 2018.

On the Eskimo site a few days ago the Indy was shown taking the same itineraries (B2B) as a Jewel cruise I had booked but cancelled for April 2017. Basically B2B southern route without going to ABC islands, and had a double-dip in Barbados. But that's since been taken down from the Eskimo site.

While I'd love to sail a radiance class ship (I haven't yet) I think the kids would have a lot more fun on Indy. Plus, that would round out the Freedom class ships for us. :cool: All I can do is hope. I actually went through each ship (Jewel, Adventure, Indy) last night and chose all the cabins I would want in each category. So once I see pricing I can make a snap decision on category and book without researching particular cabins at that time.