Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

I've had my eye on a Hawaii cruise in 2018. Anyone have suggestions on ship or itinerary to watch for?

Radiance Of The Seas Depart: 05:00 PM 05/03/2018 Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, United States

Radiance Of The Seas 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM 05/04/2018 Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii

Radiance Of The Seas 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM 05/05/2018 Kailua Kona, Hawaii

Radiance Of The Seas 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM 05/06/2018 Port Allen, Nawiliwili, Kauai, Hawaii

Radiance Of The Seas 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM 05/07/2018 Hilo, Hawaii, United States

Radiance Of The Seas 05/08/2018 At Sea

Radiance Of The Seas 05/09/2018 At Sea

Radiance Of The Seas 05/10/2018 At Sea

Radiance Of The Seas 05/11/2018 At Sea

Radiance Of The Seas 05/12/2018 At Sea

Radiance Of The Seas Arrive: 07:00 AM 05/13/2018 Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I've had my eye on a Hawaii cruise in 2018. Anyone have suggestions on ship or itinerary to watch for?

It's looking like Radiance's Hawaii-to-Vancouver in May 2018 will be a 10-nighter with 5 ports/5 sea days. We're booked on Celebrity, then. 12 nights with overnights in Honolulu and Maui with a stop in Victoria BC. Newer ship but, alas, no stop in Kauai

Edited by STEVE-O

It's looking like Radiance's Hawaii-to-Vancouver in May 2018 will be a 10-nighter with 5 ports/5 sea days. We're booked on Celebrity, then. 12 nights with overnights in Honolulu and Maui with a stop in Victoria BC. Newer ship but, alas, no stop in Kauai

I've become a repo snob on that route, lol. The only good thing about it being 10 nights is that we could add a week in the islands in front of the cruise. I still sulk from time to time about the demise of the 13-nighters that started with an overnight in Honolulu and stopped in Seattle or Victoria before arriving in Vancouver.

I'm not allowed to look at 2018 yet. :eek:

That's funny! Anyway, serenade Jan 15, 2018 has been available for less than 48 hours, and all interior rooms on decks 10,9,8,7,4,and 3 are all gone! The only available interior rooms are on deck 2 now. Do you think that all the ta's have gobbled them up, or is there some kind of event on board? Lucky for me I was able to book mine since I go back and forth between cruise critic and RCCL multiple times both day and night waiting for this. Having never been on serenade, is it really this popular? Somebody called it a rust bucket!

I've become a repo snob on that route, lol. The only good thing about it being 10 nights is that we could add a week in the islands in front of the cruise. I still sulk from time to time about the demise of the 13-nighters that started with an overnight in Honolulu and stopped in Seattle or Victoria before arriving in Vancouver.

Ah! Those were the days!

That's funny! Anyway, serenade Jan 15, 2018 has been available for less than 48 hours, and all interior rooms on decks 10,9,8,7,4,and 3 are all gone! The only available interior rooms are on deck 2 now. Do you think that all the ta's have gobbled them up, or is there some kind of event on board? Lucky for me I was able to book mine since I go back and forth between cruise critic and RCCL multiple times both day and night waiting for this. Having never been on serenade, is it really this popular? Somebody called it a rust bucket!

Did a quick check.....I found at least 15 inside cabins available on deck 8. Category M

Pull up a deck plan and punch in a random cabin until you find one available. The rest will show underneath.

Or try the UK site.....

Edited by Beachammo

Did a quick check.....I found at least 15 inside cabins available on deck 8. Category M

Pull up a deck plan and punch in a random cabin until you find one available. The rest will show underneath.

Or try the UK site.....

Yes. Thanks. The infamous RCCL website rears its ugly head again. I should have guessed!

Jean, you should be on the 12 nighter in 2017 :(

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

prices are exceptionally higher than usual :mad:

I agree!

Looking at the prices for Thanksgiving week 2017, including the new releases, the prices are crazy high! :mad: And we need two cabins! :eek: :eek:

These are the base amount before taxes, etc. per person (and per night, for comparison) for oceanview balconies:

Harmony... 11/18/17..7nE FLL...$1670 ($239)

Allure ....... 11/19/17..7nW FLL..$1455 ($208)

Oasis ........ 11/19/17..7nE PC....$1316 ($188)

Indy ......... 11/18/17..5nW FLL.....$930 ($186)

Rhapsody.. 11/19/17..7nW TPA...$1295 ($185)

Freedom ... 11/19/17..6nW FLL.... $989 ($165)

Brilliance... 11/23/17..7nW TPA...$1091 ($156)

I was disappointed that the 4 new Thanksgiving itineraries they released this week are all western. Also, since I'm on the west coast of Florida, I'd love to sail out of Tampa but the Brilliance doesn't even get back to Tampa until Thanksgiving day and the Rhapsody is almost as expensive as the Oasis!

So it looks like it's either Oasis or Harmony for us but probably will go for the cheaper neighborhood balconies with the extra "Eat, Drink & Play" perks. I booked Boardwalk balconies on both ships when the itineraries opened up last month. The prices then went up correspondingly when they offered free gratuity OBC (and didn't come back down with the new tax-free offer which doesn't apply to these cruises. :rolleyes:)

OT to CRUISEBOY305 - We are back on the Independence for this year's Thanksgiving week cruise so I clicked on the photo album in your signature just for the fun of it. And boy was it fun! Those are really fantastic photos!!! Thank you so much for sharing. :)

~ Judy

I went to book one of the the longer southern Caribbean cruises leaving from Florida and paused when I saw the price. Maybe I'll wait LOL I called to book a solo balcony on Anthem in Mar 2018 but decided to hold off as well.

As much as I enjoy booking early, these prices are frightening.

I went to book one of the the longer southern Caribbean cruises leaving from Florida and paused when I saw the price. Maybe I'll wait LOL I called to book a solo balcony on Anthem in Mar 2018 but decided to hold off as well.

As much as I enjoy booking early, these prices are frightening.

Hopefully if enough of people pass on these prices it will have an effect.

I agree!

Looking at the prices for Thanksgiving week 2017, including the new releases, the prices are crazy high! :mad: And we need two cabins! :eek: :eek:

These are the base amount before taxes, etc. per person (and per night, for comparison) for oceanview balconies:

Harmony... 11/18/17..7nE FLL...$1670 ($239)

Allure ....... 11/19/17..7nW FLL..$1455 ($208)

Oasis ........ 11/19/17..7nE PC....$1316 ($188)

Indy ......... 11/18/17..5nW FLL.....$930 ($186)

Rhapsody.. 11/19/17..7nW TPA...$1295 ($185)

Freedom ... 11/19/17..6nW FLL.... $989 ($165)

Brilliance... 11/23/17..7nW TPA...$1091 ($156)

I was disappointed that the 4 new Thanksgiving itineraries they released this week are all western. Also, since I'm on the west coast of Florida, I'd love to sail out of Tampa but the Brilliance doesn't even get back to Tampa until Thanksgiving day and the Rhapsody is almost as expensive as the Oasis!

So it looks like it's either Oasis or Harmony for us but probably will go for the cheaper neighborhood balconies with the extra "Eat, Drink & Play" perks. I booked Boardwalk balconies on both ships when the itineraries opened up last month. The prices then went up correspondingly when they offered free gratuity OBC (and didn't come back down with the new tax-free offer which doesn't apply to these cruises. :rolleyes:)

OT to CRUISEBOY305 - We are back on the Independence for this year's Thanksgiving week cruise so I clicked on the photo album in your signature just for the fun of it. And boy was it fun! Those are really fantastic photos!!! Thank you so much for sharing. :)

~ Judy

We do typically cruise Thanksgiving Week and the Freedom sailing fits into our schedule....but not quite ready to jump on to those prices. I am hoping that those prices are for Balcony Cabins.

I thought the pricing was fine if you stay away from the unique and holiday cruises. Don't count me in on your little mutiny. ;)

Yes, I know, you've been Ellen-ized.

Ahhh yes...so we read/heard. :D:rolleyes::D

Yes, I know, you've been Ellen-ized.

I don't know about that. FWIW, all the fall Oasis trips in the JS met the budget I created a year ago, and the inside solos were substantially less than budget. I think I forgot to consider the 150% supplement.