Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Is it just me, or is it harder and harder to be loyal to Royal. The number of times they are changing itineraries, bumping people because they can charter a whole ship, etc. or is this commonplace on all cruise lines?

Not just you, we are seriously looking at a number of alternatives to Royal.

Good information, but it doesn't give you any more priority to new itineraries than a first-time cruiser would have. :(

I agree, the priority thing seems to have gone away in the last few years.

I agree, the priority thing seems to have gone away in the last few years.

And just to pour salt in the wound they send out millions of emails telling people that they have exclusive 24 hour advance booking capabilities- not nice

And just to pour salt in the wound they send out millions of emails telling people that they have exclusive 24 hour advance booking capabilities- not nice

I was thinking, why would they want to give C&A people access ahead of others? Probably taking space away from others with no discounts, OBC, etc. We are lower profit margin guests, and the management is laser focused on that profit margin now, at the expense of long term customers.

I have only been on one X, the Summit and we loved every minute of it. Looking into the Reflection or the Summit again. Any suggestions?

I've sailed on the Summit a few times. Love it. Will be on Reflection next year. Greek Isles :D

Anything specific you'd like to know?

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

Still disappointed Celebrity didn't grab the Saturday slot at T1 in PC.

BTW, now that NCL is here, the garage is full.

With all the ships we have here in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, you would think they could spare one little ship for PC :rolleyes:

I was thinking, why would they want to give C&A people access ahead of others? Probably taking space away from others with no discounts, OBC, etc. We are lower profit margin guests, and the management is laser focused on that profit margin now, at the expense of long term customers.

agreed :rolleyes:

14966.png

I've been dying to try Princess. Just waiting on the right itinerary.

Not sure I'm old enough for HAL :eek: (just kidding)

Princess is great. I figured I'd make Elite about the same time I make D+ on Royal. Now I figure Elite is going to come a LOT faster. Royal just isn't keeping me interested. The balcony discount has become a joke with all the "sales" that can't be combined with the discount. What's the point of even having a loyalty program when you keep removing the perks. :confused:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruzin-K

Is it just me, or is it harder and harder to be loyal to Royal. The number of times they are changing itineraries, bumping people because they can charter a whole ship, etc. or is this commonplace on all cruise lines?

it has happened to me once on RCI and twice on Princess.

Princess is great. I figured I'd make Elite about the same time I make D+ on Royal. Now I figure Elite is going to come a LOT faster. Royal just isn't keeping me interested. The balcony discount has become a joke with all the "sales" that can't be combined with the discount. What's the point of even having a loyalty program when you keep removing the perks. :confused:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thanks Karen.

I've learned to not care about the perks anymore as they will eventually be all gone anyway. lol

Makes sense to me. Plus, don't forget that a certain percentage of the existing C&A are going to book regardless (within reason)

As far as I can tell, no RCI Ships. Grandeur, Serenade and Anthem are not, only as far as Halifax and St Johns.

FWIW, Celebrity Summit does go to Quebec.

Are we showing anything on Legend? She's suppose to be coming back to our side of the world.

Come to Celebrity. It's fabulous over here :D

WE really enjoyed our 2 cruises on Celebrity. :)

Thinking very serious about booking Australia on X.....tired of waiting on Royal to release their schedules. X has been out quite a while. :confused:

WE really enjoyed our 2 cruises on Celebrity. :)

Thinking very serious about booking Australia on X.....tired of waiting on Royal to release their schedules. X has been out quite a while. :confused:

I did Australia / New Zealand 2 years ago with X. My favorite cruise thus far. Highly Recommend doing it with X.