Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Maybe, because drive to ports don't have all that much appeal for Californians. San Francisco is about half an hour away. I went to school in Monterey...lots of fun and interesting things to do there. And the aquarium is awesome! Santa Barbara is quaint. A coastal cruise would be fun, just because it is a cruise. The prices on Jewel were ridiculous last year, and when they did come down..we already had other plans. (which included tour guiding with Jewel cruisers)

As I recall, the coastal cruises would have also involved a <more expensive> flight to the embarkation port.

Mexico or the Mexican Riviera ports are a lot more fun. :D The west Coast of Mexico has really fun port stops with things to do. Even the much maligned Ensenada has things that are enjoyable on a short cruise. :) And we really enjoyed the San Diego/Catalina/Ensenada cruises. Catalina is wonderful. So is Cabo San Lucas.

It would sort of be like a Floridian Coastal for people that live in Florida.

These are not repo coastals. These are R/T Seattle going to Astoria, San Francisco and Victoria. (the 3rd week it adds Santa Barbara) It is something that has never been done before.

Being something new I think they misjudged the pricing curve and ran short of time to correct it.

These are scheduled again for 2017. I am sure they will be looking at alternatives for 2018 but since the ship can not go to Vancouver, options are limited. They could end up staying in Alaska a couple more weeks or heading to Australia sooner.

What do we think for Summer 2018?

I don't think the Miami Terminal will be ready for 2018, so I think O4 will go to Asia and it will be O5 in 2021 for Miami, after an inaugural Barcelona summer.

Do you think we could then get Mariner or Voyager back in Europe/Caribbean?

What do we think for Summer 2018?

I don't think the Miami Terminal will be ready for 2018, so I think O4 will go to Asia and it will be O5 in 2021 for Miami, after an inaugural Barcelona summer.

Do you think we could then get Mariner or Voyager back in Europe/Caribbean?

The Miami terminal is supposed to be completed by the fall of 2018. They're not going to let the brand new terminal sit without an Oasis Class ship until 2021.

IMO, the most likely scenario will be Oasis 4 debuting in the Med for a summer 2018 season, then a TA to Miami in fall 2018 to coincide with the opening of the new terminal.

Oasis 5 to Asia, or one of the first gen sisters. Hopefully at that point, we could get Voyager back.

Not unless you have friends watching prices for you!:D

Thanks again to you and Ellen!

Glad you were able to book. The sad part is that I may end up cancelling my Adventure cruise. Airfare may prove to be troublesome. Trying to use miles this year as a test the only flight I could get was a 14 hour journey with an 8 hour layover in NYC and the flight arriving in SJ at 4am the day we sail. I hedged my bets and also booked us on the Oasis for that week when the prices were low.

The Miami terminal is supposed to be completed by the fall of 2018. They're not going to let the brand new terminal sit without an Oasis Class ship until 2021.

IMO, the most likely scenario will be Oasis 4 debuting in the Med for a summer 2018 season, then a TA to Miami in fall 2018 to coincide with the opening of the new terminal.

Oasis 5 to Asia, or one of the first gen sisters. Hopefully at that point, we could get Voyager back.

Maybe Allure or Harmony will head back to Barcelona in Summer 2018 and then go to Miami for the winter season. That way there will be one in Port C, one in FLL and one in Miami.

Or maybe Freedom will go to Asia at Summer and Australia at winter which would allow Voyager to come back our direction. I would love Mariner back but Voyager would be easier to bring back as she wasn't changed lots for Asia.

Edited by Joe12

Glad you were able to book. The sad part is that I may end up cancelling my Adventure cruise. Airfare may prove to be troublesome. Trying to use miles this year as a test the only flight I could get was a 14 hour journey with an 8 hour layover in NYC and the flight arriving in SJ at 4am the day we sail. I hedged my bets and also booked us on the Oasis for that week when the prices were low.

It's always good to have a back up plan or 2 or 3:D

That's too bad Ken, the Southern Caribbean cruises are special. Hopefully the air will work out.

It's always good to have a back up plan or 2 or 3:D

Or 15.:rolleyes:

I just don't see any reason to send Allure or Harmony over to Europe from the US, when Oasis 4 will be debuting in Europe just in time for the 2018 Med season.

I don't see Harmony coming back. However I do see a big ship coming over for the summer on a regular basis.

The Transatlantics were mostly full and expensive unless booked early.

Harmony has commanded big money and a lot is sold out.

The ports they do is very popular and Barcelona and Rome can cope with interporting.

I don't see Harmony coming back. However I do see a big ship coming over for the summer on a regular basis.

The Transatlantics were mostly full and expensive unless booked early.

Harmony has commanded big money and a lot is sold out.

The ports they do is very popular and Barcelona and Rome can cope with interporting.

Then why did they send Freedom there for 2017?

I would say Oasis 4 will be there in 2018.

I don't see Harmony going back anytime soon.

I don't think Harmony will go back to Europe again for a while but I would rather O4 went straight to Miami so I could try it in 2018.

I'll have already done Oasis, Allure and likely Harmony in 2017. I do live in Europe (well, maybe not anymore, LOL) but I detest the 7NT from Barcelona to the Med itinerary with only one sea day.

As for other cruises, I would wait a few years to do another Quantum Class again and while I would love to do another Freedom or Voyager Class, the current Summer itineraries don't appeal to all of us. Done Southampton so many times, Galveston and SJ are too hard to get to, Not interested in China and I'm the only one wanting to do Alaska in my group of 4 people. Not doing Radiance Class, Vision Class, Majesty or Empress.

Edited by Joe12

I don't think Harmony will go back to Europe again for a while but I would rather O4 went straight to Miami so I could try it in 2018.

I'll have already done Oasis, Allure and likely Harmony in 2017. I do live in Europe (well, maybe not anymore, LOL) but I detest the 7NT from Barcelona to the Med itinerary with only one sea day.

As for other cruises, I would wait a few years to do another Quantum Class again and while I would love to do another Freedom or Voyager Class, the current Summer itineraries don't appeal to all of us. Done Southampton so many times, Galveston and SJ are too hard to get to, Not interested in China and I'm the only one wanting to do Alaska in my group of 4 people. Not doing Radiance Class, Vision Class, Majesty or Empress.

Harmony = Slides. Suits Caribbean so Imho allure or oasis Better for Europe (and Asia).

When I was on Quantum there was a lot of talk of fitting her into Miami as a possible port of call rather than PC or Nassau but she couldnt fit... I assume She'll fit no prob with new pier if oasis can. Also with the proven constant talk here in CC about how Floridians refuse to fly anywhere to get on a ship other than home ports, I strongly suspect that RCL cannot afford to out yet another oasis class ship in Florida doing the exact same itineraries over and over and over again. However, quantum 4 in Miami I bet would be a great seller especially to those who refuse to go to Bayonne to try anthem. Just my 2 cents, thinking out loud.

Harmony = Slides. Suits Caribbean so Imho allure or oasis Better for Europe (and Asia).

When I was on Quantum there was a lot of talk of fitting her into Miami as a possible port of call rather than PC or Nassau but she couldnt fit... I assume She'll fit no prob with new pier if oasis can. Also with the proven constant talk here in CC about how Floridians refuse to fly anywhere to get on a ship other than home ports, I strongly suspect that RCL cannot afford to out yet another oasis class ship in Florida doing the exact same itineraries over and over and over again. However, quantum 4 in Miami I bet would be a great seller especially to those who refuse to go to Bayonne to try anthem. Just my 2 cents, thinking out loud.

Anthem has a port call scheduled at Miami in January 2018.

As you probably know and might be included in, there is a large amount of cruisers that would love Quantum 4 to take over Navigators 9/5 night itineraries.

I think it is safe to say that 1 Oasis Class ship will be in each of the 3 main Florida ports (PE, MIA, PC). Could they support a 4th seasonally? Keep in mind, that each one will have to return to Europe for a dry dock, probably in conjunction with a summer Med season.

Additionally, I would love Q5 in Fort Lauderdale doing 6/8 itineraries.

Actually, Galveston isn't difficult at all. Fly into IAH then lots of options incl RCL transfer bus.

Quantum 4 and 5.

So one of them could sail from the new Miami terminal or an OA class could move from PE to make room for a QN class ship. RCI has promised South Florida a QN class ship but with the changes in Bayonne deployment and sending ships to Asia/Australia, they have not had a QN ship for South FL.

......I'll have already done Oasis, Allure and likely Harmony in 2017....... Not doing Radiance Class, Vision Class, Majesty or Empress.

Like many other people I couldn't care less what Oasis, Allure, Harmony et al are doing or where they are homeporting!

You not doing Radiance or Vision class ships just leaves more space on them for me and people like me thanks.

I think Q4 will have an inaugural season in Southampton in 2019 then head over to FLL or Miami to do the 6/8nt itineraries. Basically what Anthem was scheduled to do. Then in 2020, if she can head through the Panama Canal, she'll maybe head to Alaska and back to FLL at winter. Q5 will then debut in So'ton and will stay in Europe year round.

If Alaska doesn't happen, she might do year round itineraries in Florida.

Edited by Joe12

I think Q4 will have an inaugural season in Southampton in 2019 then head over to FLL or Miami to do the 6/8nt itineraries. Basically what Anthem was scheduled to do. Then in 2020, if she can head through the Panama Canal, she'll maybe head to Alaska and back to FLL at winter. Q5 will then debut in So'ton and will stay in Europe year round.

If Alaska doesn't happen, she might do year round itineraries in Florida.

A Quantum Class ship cannot fit through the canal due to the Bridge of the the Americas. However, some people have speculated that Ovation could actually end up doing Alaska in the summer with Australia in winter (like Explorer is currently doing).

I don't see any Quantum Class ship being based year round in the Caribbean because they are designed for colder climates (i.e. Northern Europe, Alaska). I do think they will base one in Florida seasonally though.