Cabin switching on Allure

mivama

I'm not sure if there's anything we can do at this point, but we booked 4 consecutive cabins with friends over a year ago for a February 2016 Allure cruise. Now we have another couple who would like to join us on the cruise but, of course, the rooms on either side of our group are taken (all the same class).

Our travel agent found a cabin 3 doors down that they can reserve for my friends. My question is: is it possible to contact Royal Caribbean to see if we can switch that cabin for the one next to our group? I'm sure it's pretty unlikely, but I figured I'd ask the experts on cruise critic for advice.

I was actually on the phone with RCI yesterday hoping to find that the connecting stateroom to ours had opened up. I joked with the lady about bumping the current occupants and sending them some champagne. She laughed and said no I cannot do that. I was then a little mortified she took me seriously...:D

As luck turns out, while I was having her price out other options for us, that connecting cabin opened up for us and she was able to snag it for us. I don't know if it was a complete fluke or the fact that we had placed a waitlist on that cabin a few weeks back. Either way, we ended up with connecting staterooms.

I would book a cabin nearby for your friends and then have them waitlist cabins that are closer if that is what they really want. RCI won't be moving anyone for you however.

Keep checking the RCI website especially near the final payment date as that's when you are likely to find cabins opening up. Doing a "dummy" booking you can see the available cabins but you can also put the cabin number in that you are looking at, as not all the cabins available show up on the list. I just did this for our booking , similar situation to yours, and got two cabins together when previously we were on opposite sides of the ship!

Thanks for the responses. I didn't know it was possible to wait list a cabin, but that seems like our best option. We can book the one nearby and keep our fingers crossed that the other opens up!

We like adjoining cabins so we can open up the divider and have one long balcony to enjoy with our close friends and family. I would never consider switching rooms without the consent of the other party--not that RCCL would do that.

I'm not sure if there's anything we can do at this point, but we booked 4 consecutive cabins with friends over a year ago for a February 2016 Allure cruise. Now we have another couple who would like to join us on the cruise but, of course, the rooms on either side of our group are taken (all the same class).

Our travel agent found a cabin 3 doors down that they can reserve for my friends. My question is: is it possible to contact Royal Caribbean to see if we can switch that cabin for the one next to our group? I'm sure it's pretty unlikely, but I figured I'd ask the experts on cruise critic for advice.

While you may think it doesn't make a difference to move a couple of doors down, I know when I pick a cabin I am very fussy. So if somebody asked me to move, when I picked a location for example with the bed near the bath, and the other cabin had a bed near the balcony I wouldn't want to change.

People have reasons for making specific cabin reservations. I wouldn't ask somebody to change their cabin, but that is me. However for a long shot- post your sailing and the cabin you want to switch too on the cruise critic message board for your sailing and see if somebody on your sailing responds. Good luck

Edited by Cruise a holic

do you open the divider yourself or ask housekeeping? we were just on Disney Dream

and told we could make one big balcony but I never figured out how and never asked anyone.

You ask your stateroom attendant.