Price drop 2 days after booking last minute cruise ????

time4me2cruiseagain

princess will have nothing to do with you if you booked through a TA

But I know when price dropped on me after the final payment my Princess planner got it back for me

Edited by M4dC0w

I booked a cruise 2 days ago, (through a TA) paid in full because we are about 45 days out. Today the price dropped by $200. Has anybody ever had this happen to them? Will Princess compensate me in any way? Should I call Princess or my TA?

Thanks in advance for your help.

This is the dictionary definition of "compensation"

"the act or state of compensating, as by rewarding someone for service or by making up for someone's loss, damage, or injury by giving the injured party an appropriate benefit.

the state of being compensated or rewarded in this way.

something given or received as an equivalent for services, debt, loss, injury, suffering, lack, etc.; indemnity:

The insurance company paid him $2000 as compensation for the loss of his car."

Please tell me how any of these apply to your problem. You are looking for money because the price dropped after you pulled the trigger. Happens to all of us all the time. Things often go on sale after we buy them.

That's life.

DON

This is the dictionary definition of "compensation"

You are looking for money because the price dropped after you pulled the trigger. Happens to all of us all the time. Things often go on sale after we buy them.

That's life.

DON

Yes and a lot of "stores" including Princess offer a price guarantee.

I bought a new bedroom set from Costco for $2700, 2 weeks after it was delivered, I noticed the price had dropped $600, I called Costco and got the $600 refunded. They offered, I accepted.

If Princess wasn't willing to offer, they wouldn't. I had a cruise booked with Princess. The price dropped $200, I called and asked if I could get anything. They gave me $200 OBC. They offered, I accepted.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

Yes and a lot of "stores" including Princess offer a price guarantee.

I bought a new bedroom set from Costco for $2700, 2 weeks after it was delivered, I noticed the price had dropped $600, I called Costco and got the $600 refunded. They offered, I accepted.

If Princess wasn't willing to offer, they wouldn't. I had a cruise booked with Princess. The price dropped $200, I called and asked if I could get anything. They gave me $200 OBC. They offered, I accepted.

Where does Princess state they offer a price guarantee? Have never seen that in all the years we have been cruising. Now that would be nice. :)

Where does Princess state they offer a price guarantee? Have never seen that in all the years we have been cruising. Now that would be nice. :)

They don't actually offer it, they just do it.

We have gotten a price drop both before and after final payment.

Actual price drop before and OBC in the amount of the drop after.:D

OP - please report back.

We have been successful getting compensation after final payment as others have reported. It doesn't cost anything to ask.

They may...

offer you a better cabin at the same price you paid

give you OBC - not to be sneezed at

give you the $200 back

You won't know unless you ask;)

This happened to us. The "new" price was for "new bookings only", but my TA talked with Princess, and they gave us a minisuite for our balcony price - because we were "loyal Princess cruisers".

It never hurts to try!

A year ago, I saw a healthy price drop in a cruise we'd already paid for fully. Since I booked it with Princess, I called them and said, "The price has gone down and now there's on-board credit. Can you do anything for us?"

The Princess phone rep, in about two minutes, re-fared us and gave us the lower price and the OBC. There was really no reason they had to, but they did. That's when I decided these Princess folks might be the ones to do business with.

Jim

Call your TA. We had the same situation this week. We were offered an upgrade from an Obstructed View cabin to an Ocean View cabin or OBC. Due to location and the desire for more light, we took the cabin upgrade. It can't hurt to ask.

Cheers and good luck, Denise

Edited by dchip