bringing Champagne to Labadee

Tante Din

Hi there.

I´m reading this great forum now for several month, but never wrote anything. But now I got a question I can´t find an answer to.

Sorry if my english sounds someway strange, but I´m from Germany and english is not my first language.

I want to know if anybody thougt about bringing Champagne to Labadee. I know we will be allowed two bottles per room and when we are on Labadee we are celebrating our Wedding Anniversary and I thougt about bringing a bottle to the beach.

We will take plastic Champagne glasses with us but the bottle is still made of glass and I don´t know if it is allowed at the beach.

Anybody an idea ??

Greets, Nadine

they don't search your bags LEAVING the ship .... be discrete (don't wave it around) .... wrap in a towel .... you should be OK

BUT, I think you can get a bottle from the bar .... and they'd probably give you at ice bucket too . . .

"sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness rather than permission"

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all your suggestions.

We will try it.

The worst case is they take it away or say it´s not allowed.

I think we will just sit at our loungers and enjoy and don´t want to run around with the bottle.

Greets, Nadine

Thanks for all your suggestions.

We will try it.

The worst case is they take it away or say it´s not allowed.

I think we will just sit at our loungers and enjoy and don´t want to run around with the bottle.

Greets, Nadine

Nadine, I'm sure you will have a beach bag with you. Make sure you keep a couple of glasses from the bar the first few days so you can bring them with you to Labadee.

Bring the champagne and glasses with you in your beach bag and put back in when

you fill/refill your glass. It really won't be an issue unless you make it one :)

Enjoy!

We sure will have a beach bag with us.

The plastic champagne glasses are packed already.

I thought about one of these cooler bags they sell on board with beer in it and take it to the island and just want to ask at a bar if they can fill it with ice...I thought it will be the best way to cool the bottle.

And on the other hand I think it will not take very long to empty the bottle :p

Greets, Nadine

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there.

I just want to tell you that it was not a problem at all.

There were no cooler bags on the ship, so i put ice in two zip plastic bags and this with the bottle in an other plastic bag in my beach bag.

It stayed cool enough for 3 hours until we opened the bottle, filled our plastic glasses and enjoyed the champagne on the beach.

We kept the bottle in the bag and nobody said a word, and we were sitting directly near by the beach monitor guy.

What a way to celebrate a Wedding Anniversary...could have it like this every year.

Greets, Nadine

Hi there.

I just want to tell you that it was not a problem at all.

There were no cooler bags on the ship, so i put ice in two zip plastic bags and this with the bottle in an other plastic bag in my beach bag.

It stayed cool enough for 3 hours until we opened the bottle, filled our plastic glasses and enjoyed the champagne on the beach.

We kept the bottle in the bag and nobody said a word, and we were sitting directly near by the beach monitor guy.

What a way to celebrate a Wedding Anniversary...could have it like this every year.

Greets, Nadine

Nicely done. Good to hear it worked out for you. Happy Anniversary.