Azamara questions: Journey

sollan

Have been cruising mostly with Celebrity and have been reading this forum for a while. Still have some ???

Ship: Journey ,15 day cruise.

When you embark on X ships you are greeted with a glass of bubbles, will this nice gesture also happen on Az?

Normally I join the Roll Call for the cruise and (at least on the cruises I've been on) there have been a sail away party (not held by X) in the aft bar after mustard drill. Later on the cruise a M&M party will be held, normally inside.

Have now read that the M&M party will be hold inside(?) after mustard drill. Hope it isn't... Love to stand outside when we leave and really don't want to miss that. Anybody knows?

Have once met capt Tysse and had high hopes that he would be on our cruise, but no... We will have Magnus Davidson, have anyone met him onboard?

Is it allowed to bring any bottles of wine/cabin, to enjoy on the veranda?

Edited by sollan

Yes you are greeted with a glass of bubbles. M & M party is held at various different times, usually inside. Can be at 6:30 on embarkation day or next day. You used to get an invitation, but on our last cruise we didn't get one. When I asked about it on day 2 I was told it had been on embarkation day. Apparently it is listed on the days programme, so you have to look out for it.

Not met Captain Davidson, but all Az senior crew are great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks! Will it be possible to find out beforehand when the M&M will be? Maybe Bonnie could help?

Find it quite strange that there are no invitation in the cabin. Easy to miss if you are used to X way of handeling it and there is a lot to find out the first day... Easy to miss!

Edited by sollan

Thanks! Will it be possible to find out beforehand when the M&M will be? Maybe Bonnie could help?

Find it quite strange that there are no invitation in the cabin. Easy to miss if you are used to X way of handeling it and there is a lot to find out the first day... Easy to miss!

The Millennium has always been my favorite ship. I have not sailed on the larger Celebrity ships. I have only done one Azamara but was impressed enough to book another one. The Roll Call is not very active on the Journey cruise next month. On our Jan 2013 Milli cruise we had over 5000 post.

It's usually held on the first day at 6pm in Looking Glass so it might clash with sail away. It has been my experience that they are always well attended by cruisers and officers. I do remember getting an invite, but as Grandma Cruising says it will be in the daily paper so check there.

I haven't sailed with Magnus Davidson as Master, but have been on a few cruises when he was Staff Captain. A very personable guy. I'm looking forward to his as Captain on Journey next April. A tough act to follow after Johannes!

You can take as much alcohol onboard as you can manage.

Phil

One thing that Azamara do when you board which is really nice is that they take your hand luggage and deliver it to to your cabin if you want them to.

How nice not to have to drag around your handbagage while sipping the bubbles!

You can take as much alcohol onboard as you can manage.

It will be enough with a couple of wine bottles...:D

Any more nice surprices?? Please tell me!!

One thing that Azamara do when you board which is really nice is that they take your hand luggage and deliver it to to your cabin if you want them to.

They do on Journey, but have not done so on my last two Quest cruises

That sounds like a great touch! It will be so nice not having to lug around our carry on and find a place to put it where others won't trip over it while we eat our lunch on embarkation day.

It sounds like it would be a good idea to put a luggage tag on our hand luggage before embarking to make delivery to our cabin easier.

On all my Quest cruises they have taken the hand luggage as I board and delivered it to the stateroom.

As Phil said, the M&M is usually held about 6 or 6:30 pm on embark day and generally it is held in The Looking Glass, so you would have a great view of your sail away anyway. However you may not be leaving port until much later....check your sailing time. One of the great things about Azamara is their late port stays, even on embark day.

Magnus Davidson is a lovely man and will be another great Azamara Captain, just like the wonderful Captains Carl and Johannes. He is very people friendly and hands on and the crew of Quest are very fond of him. You will find a huge difference in the way the Captains and senior officers interact with you, compared to Celebrity.

Azamara treat you like a grown up when bringing alcohol onboard. Within reason, you can bring what you like, either on embark or at the ports of call. As long as you drink it in your cabin or balcony there is no corkage charge. If you buy a special bottle and want to drink it at dinner then it's a very reasonable $10 corkage. However, I have to say, no one has ever charged me the corkage fee!

I like Celebrity very much.....but I LOVE Azamara.

They do on Journey, but have not done so on my last two Quest cruises

At our disembarkation from Quest on July 18, passengers' hand luggage was carried down the rather steep gangway by hotel director Philip, F&B manager Stephane, and cruise director Russ. On what other cruise line would you see that?