Show me your Door Decor!

patchofheaven

We started decorating our cabin doors a few years ago and look forward to it every cruise! We always keep it simple: just a picture and some luau themed cutouts from the Dollar store and always get compliments. It really helps finding our cabin after a late night ;) I've seen a few on here that ordered personalized things online - I would be worried that they might get stolen or damaged. We have seen kids running down the halls messing with others decorations in the past - that's why to us the dollar store stuff works perfectly!

Please share your Door Decorations and if you ever had issues with people messing with your decorations!

I don't get the door decorating but to each their own BUT you shouldn't use scotch tape to put them up with. Leaves a residue that your steward has to clean up when you leave, not cool. Use sticky tack instead.

I read that earlier - in the past 3 cruises the scotch tape never left any residue that we could see and our stewards have even given me tape to hang my decorations in the past. I will bring the command strips or tacky tape next cruise just in case Carnival Magic is different from the other 3 ships.

I thought the doors were magnetic, so no need for tape? On our Disney cruise last year we put fun personalized Disney themed pictures attached with small magnets.

Do other people on other cruise lines do this very often? I don't recall seeing decorated doors a few years ago.

We are headed out in 3 weeks on Carnival Elation. Because I have teens I think I am taking a cheap dry erase board to leave each other notes.

Edited by lilchief27

We went all out on our Pride cruise since it was the first we had done with the Dr Seuss. I have only decorated a few times and I normally don't do but just an item. For some reason my little one was really into the Seuss (we even made a costume for the Seuss parade/story time and the Seuss Breakfast) so we went all out. (Actually over did it). :p

P4050144-L.jpg

P4050145-L.jpg

P4050146-L.jpg

And the outfit I made her:

P4120057%20copy-L.jpg

I don't have a picture, but we got married on the Imagination in August 2014 and I had magnetic signs made with our vows and wedding announcement. I also put magnetic white boards on the wedding party's doors so we could leave notes for each other throughout the cruise. It was fun because we got A LOT of marriage advice on our white boards and I took pictures each time. Anyway....I plan to bring them along on our next cruise since it will be the same cruise and same ship we got married on. I haven't decided if we will bring them on our Mediterranean cruise on Vista next fall though.

I thought the doors were magnetic, so no need for tape? On our Disney cruise last year we put fun personalized Disney themed pictures attached with small magnets.

Do other people on other cruise lines do this very often? I don't recall seeing decorated doors a few years ago.

We are headed out in 3 weeks on Carnival Elation. Because I have teens I think I am taking a cheap dry erase board to leave each other notes.

We tried some simple refrigerator magnets on Magic and they were not strong enough to stay on our door. They would slide down or even fall off. The other couples we traveled with had the same magnets & they had no problem, so maybe some doors are different somehow.

• 2 years later...
I hope everyone is aware they will take down or have you take down any decorations that are not fire retardant.

I saw plenty of paper decorations on cabin doors on our last cruise on the Crown Princess. I don't think they really care all that much.

Why would you decorate your stateroom door in the first place ? Doesn’t Carnival have numbers on em ? ;-)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Forums

Numbers are hard to read clearly if you've had as much to drink as me. ;)

Some people are very visual-object oriented. And some people just like to have fun.

It never occurred to me to do so before seeing this thread (I honestly don't remember much decorating on our recent cruise), but maybe I'll bring something along for our next cruise, now!

P.S., this thread is over 2 years old. ;p

I find this so strange (if completely off-topic for the thread!)...

If someone posts a comment on an old thread, someone is sure to question why they're resurrecting an old thread. But God forbid they should create a new thread on a topic that's already out there- they'll be chastised for not doing a search! But if you search and comment on a thread, you better make sure it's recent!

Catch-22 if ever I saw one!

just bought sparkly foam to cutout letters with, thinking of magnet tape to hold them on the door, ARE the doors metal so this WILL work as opposed to double sided tape? Cannnnnnot wait 43 days and we will be on the Glory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BONY VOYAGE CREWMATES!!!!!!!!:hearteyes: