Small ship cruises NOT for elderly?

Faithila

Perhaps you would be interested in exhibition cruising to places like the Galapagos Islands, Antarctica, etc.  We have found that smaller ships to remote places attracts well-educated, very well-traveled persons who are friendly and conversant, well-read and content with still content with their own company.

You sound like folks with whom my husband and I would enjoy sharing a table - we have the exactly the same sensibiities.

Edited by Bookish Angel

18 minutes ago, Bookish Angel said:

Perhaps you would be interested in exhibition cruising to places like the Galapagos Islands, Antarctica, etc.  We have found that smaller ships to remote places attracts well-educated, very well-traveled persons who are friendly and conversant, well-read and content with still content with their own company.

You sound like folks with whom my husband and I would enjoy sharing a table - we have the exactly the same sensibiities.

But most of those passengers are older. (well older than me is seems)

40 minutes ago, Bookish Angel said:

I think you meant "expedition" cruising :classic_wink:

Otherwise, it might be quite different "sensibilities"...

Happy Holidays!

GC

3 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

I think you meant "expedition" cruising :classic_wink:

Otherwise, it might be quite different "sensibilities"...

Happy Holidays!

GC

Hey, not so fast :: let’s hear a bit about “exhibition cruising” —- could be interesting;  don’t write off what could be a rather special experience.

Just now, navybankerteacher said:

Hey, not so fast :: let’s hear a bit about “exhibition cruising” —- could be interesting;  don’t write off what could be a rather special experience.

Well, they do have some "like that", but I don't think that was meant.

There is another thread/posts elsewhere about "theme" cruising.

There is something for everyone (almost).

:classic_biggrin:

GC

18 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Well, they do have some "like that", but I don't think that was meant.

There is another thread/posts elsewhere about "theme" cruising.

There is something for everyone (almost).

:classic_biggrin:

GC

You’re right, of course;  still it is tempting to let your imagination wander down rabbit holes - even if they were inadvertently dug.

5 hours ago, Faithila said:

I prefer a little party bridge and mahjong, and hope to join a group or two.

If you prefer bridge, Crystal often has bridge gatherings (and lessons too). Perhaps they are what you consider a small ship - a bit under 1000 passengers. For me, a small ship means around 300 or fewer passengers. At that size, the ships usually have active passengers - many ships in that size don't have elevators. We've sailed on Windstar and find our fellow passengers well-traveled and friendly. I'm set to try out Star Clippers next year.

Ships that small aren't likely to have organized games other than trivia on sea days. Some of us enjoyed playing backgammon on a recent cruise.

Edited by new_cruiser