9-17-15 Thursday Weigh-In

kasi1979

Hi there,

seems I´m a bit early.

How are all of you?

I´m sorry I don´t have a poem for you, but my lyrical abilities are underdeveloped...

I stayed the same as last week which in itself is a win as we celebrated dd birthday and there was way too much food. I stayed away from that case of soda that´s stored in our cellar.

Actually I tried a glas of coke on Saturday and it tasted so horrible, I threw it out and switched back to lemon water...

So how is everybody?

What´s your weather like? We´ve said our goodbyes to summer and are in full fall mode.

The next week brings once again changes in everyday life. On Monday I´m going back to work after 13 month at home...

So, what´s new and exciting at yours?

Good Morning,

Kasi, thanks for starting thread. Glad you didn't gain.

I lost 1 lb. I thought I would gain, having gone to a picnic on Saturday. I had a burger, hotdog and chips, oh my. I did burn extra calories at the gym so I guess that helped.

Hubby and I live 30 miles west of the Valley fire, I'm sure you've all read about it. We had rain yesterday, all day. Haven't read the news yet but I'm sure that helped firefighters contain the fire more.

We had a week of very intense heat last week and it's supposed to get hot again over the weekend.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Diana

hello, I have lost my 1 pound for the week. I am happy with this. I have 18 more to go. We are in the midst of some really nice weather.

I had an end of season golf banquet today. There was a desert buffet that I managed to avoid. Everything was cooked in sauces so ended up having salad and a tomato basil soup.

My birthday is on Sunday so I hope to get through that day without too much damage.

next week I have a work conference. That will be the toughest test so far of my will power. I will be away from home for two days will meals being prepared elsewhere. I am really stressed about this. I figured out how I would switch up my workout schedule to accommodate.

Big week for me. Hopefully everyone else has a good one.

Angele

Edited by angeleski

Was gone yesterday till late and today

spent time with my mother. It's so sad

she doesn't know me any more. She doesn't

know if I visit or not but would feel guilty

if I didn't visit.

I stayed the same today..Thankful for that.

Haven't been as good as I should be.

Thank you Kasi for starting this thread.

Hope you have a good Monday as you

can starting back to work after 13 months!

Diana..So sad about the fires. Glad your away

from them. Hot this weekend, enjoy because

then will get cold for fall.

Angele..Happy Birthday! Keep up your Will Power..

your doing great! Yes you have a lot of things going on.

You can do it!

Alright where is everyone? We miss your smiling faces!!

Lost 2 more to get to 189 - under 190 again - woohoo.

So far, still sticking to the eating regiment, although I think I have to change things up a little somehow - starting to feel hungry when I shouldn't. Been eating around 1400 calories, might need to bump it up a little more. Been pretty low in carbs and fat intake, and over on protein. Need to balance that a little better.

Going to the monthly art walk tonight and see what's what - get a few steps in and see what the food vendors bring. Between work and home, getting 5 miles in a day pretty easily.

Rest of the weekend is nada - kids have band stuff, missus works - looks like it's me, the yard, and a cigar or two :D.

Hi all!

kasi1979 ~ hope your first day at work goes well. Weather is getting a little cooler here, around 21C in the day cooler overnight.

Looks like 2 is a popular number this week! I'm down 2.2 which is great as I was at my highest.

I asked my doctor the other day how much should I weigh & he told me don't weigh yourself, just eat properly & exercise & forget about numbers!

He also said his healthiest patients are those who exercise so I guess I'll start doing my Wii Fit again & maybe go for a walk now it's cooler. Wish me luck with that!;)

Have a great week!

~ Jo ~ :)

Thanks for the encouraging words.

I did 14000 steps today, let´s see how the week at work goes in regards of exercises. As I work in an office getting my 10000 steps together will be not too easy.

Today we went for a nice long walk and took our dd to the zoo. Well, she slept for quite a while, but we had a nice time.

My dinner plans for tomorrow night consist of salad with feta cheese and butternut.

Let´s see how the week goes.

Take care everyone.

Jo - LUCK!!!

Kasi - Good luck with going back to the grind tomorrow, hope it goes well for you.

This morning was insane! The color at daybreak - incredible:

Hunt Tomb in Papago Park, Phoenix

papago10.jpg

papago11.jpg

I've learned if you get there early, the big horn are on the backside of the hill enjoying the morning sun - until somebody spooks them:

papago20.jpg

papago21.jpg

papago22.jpg

I'm thankful I'm naturally an early riser - if I can get half my steps in before work it helps me get through the day with a little extra energy and less stress knowing I don't have to try and do it all when I get home from work.

Tried the Starbucks "Cold Brew Coffee" - with nothing added it's like 5 whole calories - but at least it is different than water :D - wish I liked tea or coffee black but it just isn't my taste.

Had home made hash browns and an egg for dinner last night - only 250 calories for an egg plus a cup of potatoes - not bad at all. My eating is all backwards lately - salads in the morning and eggs and hash browns at night - I just go with the flow...

Have a good week everyone - keep on keepin' on!

It pulls the calories eaten from My Fitness Pal, the rest is from the Fitbit. I have the Charge HR, so besides charging it every 3 days or so I sync it to my computer and/or phone daily (or as often as I want) and all that other info (sleep, HR, stairs, miles, etc.) comes from it. The only button on it is so I can force it to monitor a workout.

It pulls the calories eaten from My Fitness Pal, the rest is from the Fitbit. I have the Charge HR, so besides charging it every 3 days or so I sync it to my computer and/or phone daily (or as often as I want) and all that other info (sleep, HR, stairs, miles, etc.) comes from it. The only button on it is so I can force it to monitor a workout.

I don't log what my activities are, I just start and stop the timer and it is listed as an activity record. Mine doesn't do heart rate, and I don't log food or water so my dashboard looks a lot different than yours.

I find if I don't track my food, I lose complete focus and awareness of my daily intake.

I'm new to the Fitbit but the techno-geek in me responds well to the constant feedback it provides ("C'mon lazybones, just a few more steps... ").

Down 5 pounds this week. 10 total in 2 weeks.

Cheat day planned for Saturday (high natural fat and carb flush), but hitting the gym tonight and tomorrow to burn 1,000 each before I tackle the big juicy ribeye that's currently marinating in the fridge.

Goal Tracker

Want: 30lbs down by Oct 23rd

Current: 10lbs down

To-Go: 20lbs in 28 days.