Oct 17-drink pkgs & $$ ??'s

lduhm

do you purchase day drink pkgs. before you leave? and i have read $49/day? seems like a lot but i will have to figure out some numbers & do any of you bring some cash and a cc or just a cc?? thanks...:)

If you do a search of the section, there is a spreadsheet to help determine which if any packages are best for you.

Credit card for your shipboard account / or you can put down cash for your account after you board. Different cruise lines handle cash in different ways. You can't pay for things onboard in cash - the card you get is your cabin key / charge card / and ID.

We take cash for purchases on shore - souvenirs, sometimes a meal, etc. Although we take a credit card in case of emergencies or if I find something interesting that's a bit more expensive.

As far as the drink packages go it all depends on how much you think you would drink on a daily basis - and what the package covers. Some cover everything from sodas to specialty coffees to booze. DH and I aren't big drinkers - specialty coffee is our vice. :) But we might have an occasional beer or soda, sometimes a glass of wine for dinner, a cocktail out on deck in the afternoon or at the theater in the evening. So for us the package doesn't make sense.

Your original post mentions "day drink packages". Are you thinking you can purchase one of the packages for some days and not for others? If so, that is not how they work. You must buy a package for the entire cruise or not at all.

that is not true on RCCL, you can skip 1st few days then buy package, but you can not buy for a day. What cruise line are you taking?

Since the drink packages vary by cruise line, you need to go to the section of this site and ask what drinks cost without the package. Then determine if it is worth it to you.

For us, the package HAL offers is not for us as we do not drink that much.

We always take cash and credit cards with us. You can get change on the ship. We like to take lots of ones and fives when we go off the ship -- for tips and buying small items. Some of the islands will not give you US change back.

You're on Carnival, and they have some rules that differ from other lines. You must purchase the package either on embarkation day or the first full day, and it must be for the entire cruise. On other lines, you can purchase three to four days after the cruise starts. The other rule Carnival has is that everyone in the cabin, 21 years old and older, must also purchase the drink package.

You're on Carnival, and they have some rules that differ from other lines. You must purchase the package either on embarkation day or the first full day, and it must be for the entire cruise. On other lines, you can purchase three to four days after the cruise starts. The other rule Carnival has is that everyone in the cabin, 21 years old and older, must also purchase the drink package.

plus they limited you to 15 drinks in a day, RCCL has no limit , except for 15 min wait between drinks and not everyone in cabin need to get package

that is not true on RCCL, you can skip 1st few days then buy package, but you can not buy for a day. What cruise line are you taking?

The policy is that it can be purchased anytime during the cruise as long as there are at least four days including the last day left on the itinerary at the time of purchase. And - as you indicate - while the pricing is based on a daily rate, it is not a daily purchased. The full value of the package is paid when purchased.

The policy is that it can be purchased anytime during the cruise as long as there are at least four days including the last day left on the itinerary at the time of purchase. And - as you indicate - while the pricing is based on a daily rate, it is not a daily purchased. The full value of the package is paid when purchased.

I should have given more detail . I love the premium package and get it for entire cruise in Caribbean, but one of my cruises next year is Europe and very few sea days so I will get it half way on that cruise

You will need to purchase the package for the entire cruise. It's 49 plus 15% tip EACH Day...which really is 57 dollars a day. So if you're going on a 5 day cruise, the booze alone is going to cost you $285. Also, if there are any other adults in your cabin they have to purchase it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Can someone point out where exactly the spreadsheet is? Also, if you have to purchase for the whole cruise, is that by nights or days? In other words, if it is a four night (five day) cruise am I purchasing four "nights" of beverage package or five "days"? Hope this makes sense.

Can someone point out where exactly the spreadsheet is? Also, if you have to purchase for the whole cruise, is that by nights or days? In other words, if it is a four night (five day) cruise am I purchasing four "nights" of beverage package or five "days"? Hope this makes sense.

My hubby and I just got back from carnival glory cruise and decided not to do the program. Glad we did. You have until the first full day to purchase pkg. Just checking when you get thers. Drinks are ten bucks and this includes taxes. So determine how much you drink now, if you want to remember your trip and remember that some days you are in port and those drinks don't count. Remember to keep a receipt of each drink...and everything! Have a good trip!