email survey request

CJcruzer

Got the survey for our cruise that ended in Barcelona in April. I was not too surprised about the question on our income, though I was taken aback a bit ... But the number of vacation days in the past two years? Will they compare that to the number of days we have cruised? I, too, refused to tell them how much I spent as if I could figure at out in a moments notice anyway.

Clearly they are searching for expanded business opportunities (pre and post cruise) and trolling to see how much cost the traffic will bear.

Yep, we did. Asked if we had done a cruise recently that ended in FLL -- like you, it's been at least 2 years....

Mine asked if I had taken cruise recently that ended in Seattle.... nope, that was over a year ago and I have done other cruises since. Probably that question is not well worded .... like others I was kicked off the survey.

Susan

I received the email yesterday asking about our cruise that ended in Seattle....which it did last month. It specifically asked about pre/post hotel packages, and why I didn't book them. I have in the past, but not this time. Their prices were very high, and I let them know. Also asked about travel in the past 2 years, and what kind of vacations we like to take.

I almost got the feeling that HAL wants to do extended resort vacations that include a cruise.

Karen

Both of us got this survey, also. Yes, they are interested in getting more people to do pre/post tours. We live a 3 hour drive from Seattle, so staying overnight isn't really necessary for us and DH prefers his own mattress and pillow.

Have sailed on HAL since 1996 -- are Platinum Mariners (besides being 5 Star Mariners) and have never received either an e-mail or snail mail for any kind of surveys from HAL for any cruises.

That is how much HAL thinks of our opinions and we have traveled more different itineraries than a couple of other people who have posted here.

That's life.

I sometimes feel that these cruise line surveys are nothing more than a feel good, PR, marketing and sales gimmick to convince you r at least give you the impression that the cruise line really does care about your feedback or what you think.

Edited by iancal

I sometimes feel that these cruise line surveys are nothing more than a feel good, PR, marketing and sales gimmick to convince you r at least give you the impression that the cruise line really does care about your feedback or what you think.

I'm not so sure. I think with this one they are trying to figure out how to get more money from you and have you spend it with HAL instead of with the local economy wherever you embark.

I'm not so sure. I think with this one they are trying to figure out how to get more money from you and have you spend it with HAL instead of with the local economy wherever you embark.

That's what I thought as well. They wanted to know why we didn't book HAL hotels in Fort Lauderdale.

I simply said because we prefer the Embassy Suites and they don't offer it as a pre cruise hotel. I also said it was because we like to pay for our hotels when we use them and not at final payment for the cruise. If paid at final payment it puts the cost of HAL's cancel for any reason insurance up as the hotel rate is then included in the calculation.

Krazy Kruizers

Something interesting has happened to us. For the first time in years, we are booked for Tales of the South Pacific on October 2 but have no future cruises booked. We will cruise but haven't decided where we wish to go next.

We usually receive no special offers at all, and only get surveys post cruise. But we do not even receive those "if you book in the next 30 days you will get an OBC" offer after we get home.

This week we received not one but two surveys from HAL, and today I received, snail mail, a "private sail" brochure!

My theory is that if you continue to book cruises HAL assumes you don't need the brochures or special offers. Not sure I agree with that strategy at all but I think that may be their promotional model. We will have to see what happens after we get home. Will we be ignored or courted?

Krazy Kruizers

Something interesting has happened to us. For the first time in years, we are booked for Tales of the South Pacific on October 2 but have no future cruises booked. We will cruise but haven't decided where we wish to go next.

We usually receive no special offers at all, and only get surveys post cruise. But we do not even receive those "if you book in the next 30 days you will get an OBC" offer after we get home.

This week we received not one but two surveys from HAL, and today I received, snail mail, a "private sail" brochure!

My theory is that if you continue to book cruises HAL assumes you don't need the brochures or special offers. Not sure I agree with that strategy at all but I think that may be their promotional model. We will have to see what happens after we get home. Will we be ignored or courted?

And there is the other slip up that can happen: if you have a cruise booked, and get a special offer prior to final (that really is a decrease in cost), HAL could loose revenue they are anticipating. As it stands, one has to go looking for the price drops. And I wonder how common knowledge it is outside of CC that you can ask for price drops.

A few days ago I got an email from Cunard titled: "We hope you enjoyed your Transatlantic Crossing."

Only thing is we only sailed Cunard once, back in 2009, on a 4-day cruise out of NYC. :D:eek::confused:

(They sent out an apology later in the day that it was sent in error).

We have over 500 days cruising with HAL but have never had a survey

sent to us - wonder if they exclude Canadians?

We have never had a special offer or price discount or anything else

from them. they wouldn't even give us the OBC because we booked

before it was on the table.

We did get an upgrade offer to a vista suite but for an additional $5000 - wrote and told our TA that it was not an upgrade but an upsell and that we were not interested.

We have loved sailing with HAL but maybe it is time to look elsewhere.

We have over 500 days cruising with HAL but have never had a survey

sent to us - wonder if they exclude Canadians?

We have never had a special offer or price discount or anything else

from them. they wouldn't even give us the OBC because we booked

before it was on the table.

We did get an upgrade offer to a vista suite but for an additional $5000 - wrote and told our TA that it was not an upgrade but an upsell and that we were not interested.

We have loved sailing with HAL but maybe it is time to look elsewhere.

They do not exclude Canadians. I have gotten special offers from them - Explore4 twice, price drops, upgrades both paid and free. I have also had offers denied to us because they weren't on the table at the time we booked. In one instance I cancelled the original booking and rebooked through an online TA to get the deal. In another, I kept the original booking because we would have lost other perks that were just as, or more, valuable to us.

Celebrity or Princess sent me a similar survey a few years ago asking about pre and post cruise hotels.

My comment was essentially why should we pay them $275 for a hotel that we can very easily book ourselves on line for $135/150 and then happily spend another $20 for a cab instead of waiting for thirty minutes/hour to get the cruise line shuttle.

Never heard back from them!

Edited by iancal