To Bed Late? Up Early?

LuCruise

What's your cruising style? Do you stay up late at events and the sleep in? Or do you go to bed at a decent time and up at the crack of dawn to see sunrise and enjoy the calm ship? Or in-between?

We're coming with kids so will not be going to late shows and they tend to get up early. One morning we have an early excursion so we'll have to be up. (not sure if I'll regret that)

How about others"

Cruises crush us... and are a ton of fun.

We dance and party until 2 AM and are typically at a pool chair by 7:00 AM.

We can sleep when we get home.

BTW, we're in our 50's so we hold up well. Running marathons helps.

We go to sleep when we feel like it...and get up the same way! It's a vacation! No scheduled routines! That said, I'm usually ready for bed around 11-12....no real interest in staying up til 2 am...not that much going on that interests me! I consider "sleeping in" to be until 9am, or so.....but that's just me! I don't want to sleep the day away!

I think it depends on your itinerary. European ports with planned excursions require an early rise and off the ship by 8. I tend to call it a night before midnight. Caribbean ports are not as rushy for me so I may spend a few extra minutes in bed before jumping out. I'm not one who sleeps in so if I get my 6-7 hours I'm good to go. I can sleep when I get home.

We stay up late some nights, but we're always up early. Most nights we are in before 12:30, occasionally after 2 am if on a larger ship with a lot to do. But, we are generally up by 7 am. We relax during the day, usually in the shade up and deck and catch a cap nap when we can.

and get up when we choose. My husband is an earlier riser than me so he slips out for breakfast and lets me sleep or read on my schedule.

We are almost always up early at home for work or exercise so sleeping in is a luxury. We exercise on vacation but I do mine in the late afternoon while my husband prefers late morning.

Edited by Bookish Angel

Cruises crush us... and are a ton of fun.

We dance and party until 2 AM and are typically at a pool chair by 7:00 AM.

We can sleep when we get home.

BTW, we're in our 50's so we hold up well. Running marathons helps.

Now that's impressive....making the most of your cruise! :D

I'm always up and around the ship by 5 AM. If I stayed in bed I'd be really annoyed with myself for missing my favorite time of the day to be on a ship and at sea. We always take my parents along and my mother is the other early riser in the family. That is our time together. I usually get to bed around 1 AM. There is always time to catch a nap on deck during the day.

We like to eat dinner in the MDR early, take in a show then wife likes to watch TV while I walk the deck to get some exercise. Then I go back to the cabin to read. Usually up around 8am have breakfast then go on a shore excursion around 11am. One problem is that many shore excursions are for early risers.

Edited by 2CatsInFlorida

I'm usually out like a light by midnight and up at 7am on cruises, hubby on the other hand works like a maniac all year so likes to appreciate his lie ins on vacation and I'm unlikely to roll him out of bed before 10am unless we have an excursion, no matter what time he goes to sleep. So I usually get some tea and sit on the balcony, read a book and enjoy the view and wait for him to stir. Sometimes he will sleep right through breakfast so then I go and grab some fruit and have a pot of coffee waiting for him.

We are full of good intentions- looking through the Compass and decidling which late night events to go to. But after a late dinner in the MDR, and copious amounts of wine ( me) and Gin ( hubby) we usually end up back in our cabin by 11.00 totally tired. However this does not stop us being up with the larks at 7.00 ready for the day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We stay up late, bedtime usually 1am. We also get up early 6:30ish.

We also nap a lot, which makes it work. An hour nap on a lounger does wonders for you. So over all we probably sleep more on a cruise than a normal work week. We just spread it out.

If the weather co-operates I'm always up before sunrise on the first morning of our cruise. (And since its always mid to late summer when we cruise that's around 4:45 to 5am) Love to see the sunrise and wander the ship before everyone else gets up. The staff are usually out in force cleaning, re-arranging furniture on the decks getting ready for the days onslaught.

Usually also run in to one or two officers, who at that time of day, like to chat quite a bit!

DW sleeps in usually and never sees this stuff.

Rest of the cruise I like to be up if I can as the ship enters port. Sea days I'll just sleep in 'til around 7am.

We usually get to bed in the evening around 11.