bevarreged equinox

billieholiday

There are many different laws and regulations which apply to passengers in the European Union, as well as many different corporate (Celebrity) policies. There is no way to tell why this promotion was not part of your booking. It might have been that they had "sold out", since Celebrity does state that only so many of each promotion will be offered on a cruise. It might be that your stateroom category was not eligible (did you book an inside stateroom?). Beverage packages are not offered on most Transatlantic and Transpacific cruises. Did you book one of those? It may have nothing to do with where you live, or it might. There just is no way to know without further details about your reservation.

Sometimes there are promotions in the UK or Europe that are not available to us in the U.S.

We are booked on a transatlantic cruise for next month, in the U.S. the free beverage package is not included for transatlantic cruises. On our sailing there are a lot of people from the UK and Europe who booked the in the UK where there was a promotion that gave them a free beverage package when they booked. So for that cruise those booking in the UK got something we didn't get in the U.S.

Out of interest, with whom did book? Our personal experience of local (Dutch) travel agents was so restrictive that we have booked with both UK and US travel agents, and before the removal of the UK call centre to Central America, direct with Royal.

As others say, the promotions -- and booking terms -- do differ.

I think the differences even themselves out

When there is a promo is the US - cruisefare itself might be cheaper in UK and Europe

Likewise when UK gets a promo - USA fare generally cheaper.

If you were happy at the price and deal when you booked then go with it

If not, weigh up sacrificing your deposit against re booking with a promo package and see where that brings you to.

It is very easy from Holland to book via a UK High street agent such as Thomas Cook - who are still on the High Street and still do direct emailing of pricing.

If you are not within 12 weeks of departure - might be worth a look at the UK offers and see if its worth losing your deposit.

The beveridge package is often excluded from some certain cruise fares and usually only applies to oceanview or higher (you don't say what category you have or when the booking was made).

I also find the Celebrity documents a little confusing at times and had to read it twice for my last booking to make sure it was there.

As others have said, contact who you booked this through and ask for an explanation.

We are from the Netherlands and booked celebrity equinox . My quistion is why did not get the best beverreged incluis. I thinking We have the same right as a member of the United States and Canada. Who can advies us.

Did you get the Classic and are wondering why it was not the Premium?

What perks were being offered when you booked? The Premium is only offered if you choose the 'Go Best"

More information is needed.

Edited by wallie5446

We are from the Netherlands and booked celebrity equinox . My quistion is why did not get the best beverreged incluis. I thinking We have the same right as a member of the United States and Canada. Who can advies us.

The Big-Better-Best pricing policy was introduced in The Netherlands later than in the US. Mainly because the 123-Promo was still running in parts of Europe (including The Netherlands) at the time of introduction. Which cruise did you book and when did you make the booking? For Transatlantics, for example, no perks are included. Not here in The Netherlands, nor in the US. That said, as other posters have pointed out there are differences in promotions, pricings and refund policies between different countries. If you want to receive the exact same policies as the people in the US (with both the positive and negative sides) then you can always book in the US; either directly with Celebrity Cruises or through an US based Travel Agent.

If you want to receive the exact same policies as the people in the US (with both the positive and negative sides) then you can always book in the US; either directly with Celebrity Cruises or through an US based Travel Agent.

We are from Europe and have tried a couple times to book directly with Celebrity US, online and via phone. After initially confirming that yes we can do that, it always fails when they start to input our European address. Only option is to give a US address (which we don't have) or to book through a US travel agent, which we have done with good results several times.

Edited by Michidoeme

Only option is to give a US address (which we don't have) or to book through a US travel agent, which we have done with good results several times.

I am from The Netherlands and can confirm that booking through US Travel Agents indeed works great. I never tried to book directly with Celebrity myself. I always thought that it was possible, but perhaps that has changed. For people considering to book through a US Travel Agent, please note that it is not always the best option. For some cruises the prices in The Netherlands are significantly lower. It really differs from cruise to cruise, stateroom to stateroom and sometimes even from day to day.

We gonne do the ultieme carrebean from fort lauderdale march 14 cayman islands, cartagena, cartagena, panama, costa rica, cozumel and then back too fort lauderdale.

Great choice! We sailed that route last yr and enjoyed the Equinox so much we are doing their other route this yr.