Shuttle from LAX to Pier accident

azgrandmax3

Just heard from my sister who was on the Princess shuttle from LAX to pier they were hit. No one hurt just a lot of confusion and disappointment. Bus was making a wide turn out of LAX and was hit. Most time wasted was waiting for police to arrive. Sister's attitude was "better the bus then the ship". I agree. May everyone on the Ruby have smooth sailing this after noon and the days ahead. I wonder if the charge will be deducted from cruise costs? What do you think?

Just heard from my sister who was on the Princess shuttle from LAX to pier they were hit. No one hurt just a lot of confusion and disappointment. Bus was making a wide turn out of LAX and was hit. Most time wasted was waiting for police to arrive. Sister's attitude was "better the bus then the ship". I agree. May everyone on the Ruby have smooth sailing this after noon and the days ahead. I wonder if the charge will be deducted from cruise costs? What do you think?

First of all, I'm glad nobody was hurt.

What charge would be deducted? The shuttle charge? If the shuttle gets you to the port before the ship sails, I doubt there's any claim for a deduction.

First of all, I'm glad nobody was hurt.

What charge would be deducted? The shuttle charge? If the shuttle gets you to the port before the ship sails, I doubt there's any claim for a deduction.

Cost of Transfer: LAX/Pier is $ 34.00.

Doubt if Princess will offer a Credit.

Yes, accidents happen but this was a Princess transfer and I'm sure the passengers on the bus are shaken up. I was once on a Princess transfer from IAH to Galveston and we hadn't gotten out of the airport area when the axle broke on the bus. Big mess but we fortunately weren't going fast and it was more of an inconvenience. We didn't receive nor ask for compensation but my thinking is that with the possibility of injury, Princess does owe the passengers something. JMHO.

Yes, accidents happen but this was a Princess transfer and I'm sure the passengers on the bus are shaken up. I was once on a Princess transfer from IAH to Galveston and we hadn't gotten out of the airport area when the axle broke on the bus. Big mess but we fortunately weren't going fast and it was more of an inconvenience. We didn't receive nor ask for compensation but my thinking is that with the possibility of injury, Princess does owe the passengers something. JMHO.

If the accident was not the fault of the shuttle driver, then I suggest that the driver who caused the accident is the one who owes the passengers something, not Princess.

(I bet there are plenty of L.A. lawyers willing to take the case.)

I wonder if the charge will be deducted from cruise costs? What do you think?

Heck we were on a Princess shuttle bus when the engine caught on fire as we pulled into the hold hotel. We were in the back. Smoke is filling the bus. People are S L O W L Y taking their carry ons off the bus until my daughter yelled out. HEY, do you think you can get off the bus so the rest of us don't die from the smoke! Oh, okay. OMG :eek:. Literally the entire bus was filled with black smoke. We got nothing, nada, zilch. Oh, and we got our bags once the smoke disappeared.

Edited by notentirelynormal

I am glad no one was injured in the accident. Whether Princess will offer anything to the pax aboard the bus as a complimentary offering I have no idea. Other than an apology for the inconvenience and trauma, all ended well.

This does point out the luxury of taking a Princess shuttle from the airport to the ship on the day of departure. The ship will wait if the delay is long and the shuttle will not make it to the ship on time for sailing. The alternative is that they would have to fly you to the next port, put you in a hotel and feed you if they were not able to wait. Princess shuttle may be pricey but it does have its advantages.

Heck we were on a Princess shuttle bus when the engine caught on fire as we pulled into the hold hotel. We were in the back. Smoke is filling the bus. People are S L O W L Y taking their carry ons off the bus until my daughter yelled out. HEY, do you think you can get off the bus so the rest of us don't die from the smoke! Oh, okay. OMG :eek:. Literally the entire bus was filled with black smoke. We got nothing, nada, zilch. Oh, and we got our bags once the smoke disappeared.

That's incredible that they would take the time to get their carry ons off! What a bunch of oblivious idiots!

That's incredible that they would take the time to get their carry ons off! What a bunch of oblivious idiots!

Same thing happened on the British Airways 777 that caught fire in Las Vegas. Lots of people jumping down the emergency slides with their carry-ons.

It wasn't even that they were taking their carry ons. It was how slowly they were doing it, chatting with each other. There was no urgency in their actions until my daughter yelled. We took ours off as well because we had lots of time to get our stuff down while people fussed around. Just grab the stuff and get off.

you get nothing.

Please explain to me why "the charge" should be deducted. Nobody was hurt. They got to the ship on time. So what is the logic for a deduction?

DON