NOS Mold or Mildew Smell on Deck 8

norwood1986

Yes they do a ton of things for you. But, you have to get on the ship first in order to get the container of Lysol disinfecting wipes that's issued to each passenger and a can of air freshener for each cabin

Edited by setsail

I'm sure it's horrible, but they will also provide gas masks upon request. We have a reservation on Navigator Deck 8 in 2017, we're hoping they get it cleared up by then. Or hopefully it's confined to those inside cheap cabins.

Edited by bouhunter

We are sailing on the Navigator on Oct. 11th. I have read in several reviews that there is a smell of mold or mildew on deck 8. Has anyone experienced this? How bad was the smell and did Royal Caribbean do anything for you?

Sorry cannot help you with your questions, but wanted to let you know to ignore the first few posts here. Looks like you are new to posting on this site and don't want you to get scared away because of those responses. I am sure someone will be able to provide valid responses to your questions shortly.

I have. The smell was unbearable. They comped the cost of the cruise and gave me a voucher for a free future one.

If you smell something unpleasant, complain and get yourself two free cruises!

I wonder how many people scam the system.. you know the smell is terrible but not so bad i will get off the ship.....

We are sailing on the Navigator on Oct. 11th. I have read in several reviews that there is a smell of mold or mildew on deck 8. Has anyone experienced this? How bad was the smell and did Royal Caribbean do anything for you?

I haven't been on Navigator since last year, but my past experience with 4 cruises on NV is that Housekeeping and Guest Services are responsive and helpful. Any issue I've ever had with our cabin has been solved quickly.

So if you find there's a problem with a mold/mildew odor in your cabin, you should talk to your cabin steward and also to Guest Services. I'm sure there are things that can be done to alleviate it, so don't stress out in advance. Enjoy your cruise!

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

We were on the Navigator at the end of August on Deck 8. Truthfully, we did notice a mildew smell when walking back to our cabin. We were middle aft and did not notice a problem there. We did smell it around the cabins between the elevator going aft. It wasn't bad but it certainly was enough that we commented on it. I don't know how the smell in those cabins were since we didn't stay in those. Good luck! We loved the Navigator!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've always encountered odors on ships. If it's not sewage odors or mold, it's the smell of food cooking. It just seems to be the way it is when on a ship at sea. Take some Febereze if you're worried.

Mold and mildew smell disgusting. Febreeze won't help.

Mold and mildew smell disgusting. Febreeze won't help.

Its not just the smell, breathing in mould spores can unhealthy for some people.

Probably OK for a short cruise, but I'm not sure if I'd want to be exposed to the smell for weeks at a time.

Simple: http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/environment/factsheets/Pages/mould.aspx

More scarey: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mold_health_issues

• 1 year later...
I'm sure it's horrible, but they will also provide gas masks upon request. We have a reservation on Navigator Deck 8 in 2017, we're hoping they get it cleared up by then. Or hopefully it's confined to those inside cheap cabins.

Hi we are looking at going on the navigator on deck 8 in June and have read posts about mildew. I wonder whether you are you aware of them having cleared up the problem now?

Nicole

It was, but now I understand all the cabin doors are being removed to provide for better air circulation, so no cabins are excluded

Good thing is they'll only charge you for half the hallway space that they've "added" to your cabin.

Hi we are looking at going on the navigator on deck 8 in June and have read posts about mildew. I wonder whether you are you aware of them having cleared up the problem now?

Nicole[/quote

Previous posts were from 2015 - not sure why you would resurrect such an old post. Returned from the NOS end of March 2017. Had cabin #8612 and did not notice any problems.

Great thanks. We are a little concerned because one of the rooms we like has a bad review about mold from two years ago but they should have cleared it up by now.

Also I was wondering what the furniture is like on the balcony you had, are the tables proper tables to have breakfast on or are they more like side tables?

Thank you

Great thanks. We are a little concerned because one of the rooms we like has a bad review about mold from two years ago but they should have cleared it up by now.

Also I was wondering what the furniture is like on the balcony you had, are the tables proper tables to have breakfast on or are they more like side tables?

Thank you

There were two chairs and a small table. It is big enough for breakfast, but it's not HUGE. 78097f5d7f5ed1acc09c1cde38ccb00a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk