First Caribbean cruise

Jeff&Mel

Good morning :)

I am hoping some of you Caribbean experts can assist me :)

We are taking our first Caribbean cruise this New Years. We are doing a 10 day cruise with 5 sea days.

What do you all pack for your Caribbean cruises? Do you pack differently than that of say a Med cruise?

Thanks in advance-

And I love details so feel free to tell me your wardrobe :)

For a Caribbean cruise I would pack plenty of shorts and short sleeved shirts. Sandals. Bathing suits. Sneakers.

The big difference between that and a Med cruise is that for a Med cruise I pack less shorts and more long pants. I am a bit old fashioned and do not believe in going ashore to foreign cities looking like I'm dressed for the beach. I always wear long pants and a nice t-shirt. I also don't wear sneakers in Europe. I do take some shorts and sandals to wear on board the ship during sea days.

For a Caribbean cruise I would pack plenty of shorts and short sleeved shirts. Sandals. Bathing suits. Sneakers.

The big difference between that and a Med cruise is that for a Med cruise I pack less shorts and more long pants. I am a bit old fashioned and do not believe in going ashore to foreign cities looking like I'm dressed for the beach. I always wear long pants and a nice t-shirt. I also don't wear sneakers in Europe. I do take some shorts and sandals to wear on board the ship during sea days.

Have you been to the Caribbean in the winter? Are shorts ok?

Good morning :)

I am hoping some of you Caribbean experts can assist me :)

We are taking our first Caribbean cruise this New Years. We are doing a 10 day cruise with 5 sea days.

What do you all pack for your Caribbean cruises? Do you pack differently than that of say a Med cruise?

Thanks in advance-

And I love details so feel free to tell me your wardrobe :)

It is HOT. Trust me on this :D I took mostly linen and some technical fabrics. Linen pants, technical convertible pants (bottoms zip off to become shorts), linen shirts. I use fabric to protect myself from the sun in addition to using sunscreen.

I just checked my pics from our S. Carib trip, and I'm in linen, mostly. With a few pics of tank tops and shorts. Evenings I was in linen. DH was wearing golf shirts and shorts mostly. In the evenings he was in summer-weight wool pants with (you guessed it :D ) linen shirts. For formal nights I wore silk.

I would say 90% of us on here have been to the Caribbean (give or take

a few on either side).......I have sailed to the Caribbean at least a dozen

times over the years at almost all of my cruises there have been in the

winter.

Daytime is very casual......shorts, t-'s, bathing suits, cover up for bathing

suit......sundresses, sandals.........

The Caribbean is warm all year round.

It helps to know which line you will be on also. But definitely pack something festive for New Year's Eve. I would imagine you'll see many long gowns and maybe a few tuxes. And yes, at least one warm top you can pop on if the AC gets totally frigid. I like Tommy Bahama quarter zipper pull overs ever since I discovered the cinema on one ship must have also been the ice cream freezer. I don't even pack the pull over but wear it on the plane. They also handle the ship's laundry well if you have a lot of sea days and your favorite after dinner bar is on the cold side.

I too have been on many Caribbean cruises and I agree that what you'd wear in the summer is what you'd wear on the cruise.

I would however, pack a long pair of pants and some kind of long-sleeved top/jacket because it can get cool at night in some of the interior venues on the ship and out on deck...even in the Caribbean!;)

A sunhat is also a must for me and at least one pair of really good-quality sunglasses.

I hope you have an amazing cruise!