This Cruise Newbie is Very Excited....

esdoorn

......because my passport came today and I was finally able to do the online check in and printing of our boarding passes and luggage tags for our very first cruise ever!

It was so exciting to actually be able to hold this treasured documents in my hands and also see that Faster to the Fun stamp on the boarding passes and luggage tags.

I wish to express my thanks to everyone on this board who contributes their time and energy to share information with everyone else. It truly is a wonderful community!

Looking forward to being in Miami in 6 months and stepping on our very first ship the Carnival Sensation!

Thanks again to everyone for your help and advice!

Cruising can be relaxing or you can try to do everything and come home very tired. I recommend to pace yourself. We use to do a lot of things our first few cruises and would come home tired and rundown, but happy because we had a great time. Now we enjoy the sailing days more than the port days, we come home rested and happy!

You will have a great time, most importantly enjoy and have fun!

Happy congratulations, here's cheers to making many happy memories. There is nothing like that first cruise, many very happy memories of that first one. Take lots of pics! Enjoy the anticipation, enjoy your cruise, and all the moments in-between! Come back and share it all with us, too!

Make sure you bring some sea sick meds just in case. I had never been motion sick so thought I would not get sea sick. At the end of my first cruise, I said if someone offered me a free cruise I might slap them. Had Bonine ready next time and it's been good since. Funny I don't have to use it since the third cruise, but I bring it along anyway. Enjoy!

Our first cruise was on the Legend. We were convinced by friends who were experienced cruisers to try it. It was very difficult to convince my husband but we eventually did. I will always remember the smile on my friend's face as she looked at the awe on ours as we entered the atrium.

She knew we were hooked and was happy to have been the cause :D

Enjoy your first and hopefully many more!

Edited by bjd2
typo

Make sure you bring some sea sick meds just in case. I had never been motion sick so thought I would not get sea sick. At the end of my first cruise, I said if someone offered me a free cruise I might slap them. Had Bonine ready next time and it's been good since. Funny I don't have to use it since the third cruise, but I bring it along anyway. Enjoy!

Thanks!! We will make sure we have some meds just in case.

This board has been very helpful as we have read a number of times that a cabin located mid-ship is the best location for minimum swaying etc. Given this, we did end up getting a balcony cabin mid-ship on the Empress deck.

Yes congratulations on your first cruise! I will admit my first glimpse of the Glory and when I stepped on board were truly magical!! Now I just booked my 8th cruise (7th on Carnival) just this week on the Magic and I am over the top excited! I am bursting at the seams with excitement!! So truly sit back and enjoy every moment while you are on that beautiful ship. I know I will be!! [emoji572]️

Yay!! You are going to have such a great time! The Sensation is a great ship, especially for your first cruise. :)

I went on her sister ship, first. Out of Miami and to the Bahamas like you. I went out of Orlando on the Sensation to the Bahamas back in January as my 2nd cruise. The ship is so easy to navigate and it is big but not so huge that you'll get lost as a first time cruiser.

Have a blast! I know you will! So excited for you!