Is It Rude?

cocod08

I'm traveling solo on the Allure end of November. I usually have My Time Dining but this time I have late seating. I'm assuming I will be seated with other people. I like to have wine with dinner and usually order a bottle to have through out the week at dinner. Would it be rude to do this at a table with other people and not share?

Drink up and enjoy your wine.:)

If anyone at your table gives any hint that you are being rude by not sharing, THEY are the rude ones. There was a thread once that someone had their nose disjointed because someone didn't share a flavored water additive someone had. That poster got fried.:D

I'm traveling solo on the Allure end of November. I usually have My Time Dining but this time I have late seating. I'm assuming I will be seated with other people. I like to have wine with dinner and usually order a bottle to have through out the week at dinner. Would it be rude to do this at a table with other people and not share?

while I would not be offended or consider you rude if you didn't offer to share we always do. BUT there is the risk that such an offer would be.. unappreciated.

one cruise the other couple became mortally offended "WE are Mormons!" said in the most scandalized snooty voice imaginable.

or there is is a chance that you end up with people willing to share their bottles with you as well!

This reminds me (tangentially) of a notorious DCL poster (not this forum) who complained of buying expensive wine for the table and then not having his table mates reciprocate on following nights. THAT seemed weird, not OP.

:) Was thinking of that, too. Though I think he offered wine EVERY night, being polite, expecting that they would say "no". They didn't, and he kept offering, every night. And at the end of the cruise he was so bothered that he won't sit with others again.

But people who would do that, who would accept wine EVERY night, aren't common. Though I figure if someone was offering it, they meant it. (I'm so crazy, thinking people mean what they say...)

Not sharing isn't rube. Well, it's not rube as long as you're within Royals Dress Code. If you're in jeans and a tank top. IMO- you MUST buy a bottle for each couple at the table. BTW- are you a smoker? Because you may have to buy a bottle for each cabin around you. And please do not forget to TIP. Happy Cruising :)

With the understanding that I don't see how two people wouldn't finish a bottle by themselves at dinner (i.e., four standard servings per 750 ml bottle), I am reminded of a great installation of art posters I saw at a Vancouver museum in 2014. One poster proclaimed:

"sharing is ownership for losers."