Experience with "Stateroom Upgrade Benefit"

nordski

Good Morning.

Having received a response from Nicole our LCV Ambassador, I thought that, with her permission of course, I would share the major points of her reply concerning the "Stateroom Upgrade Benefit" programme:

1/ Generally those in cruisers who have applied for the programme have 5-7 days to make a decision concerning the upgrade offer. This point, of course, reiterates what Bonnie posted.

2/ As I speculated in my initial post, in our case we were caught in some unfortunate circumstances.

Thus, given the latter point, those wishing to understand the policy are best advised to consult the posts of other participants on this thread, as our situation was an anomaly.

And thanks to those who posted those experiences.

I also want to thank Bonnie and Nicole who, despite my moaning and whingeing, took the time to respond.

I still think it's an excellent programme at a very good price, and hope that others can take advantage of it.

Hello from Down Under

I am perplexed. What is this upgrade offer?

Is it for past cruisers? Or is it another option that Australians are not offered?

Thanks in advance for your reply/ies.

Regards

Sandra

Yes, past cruisers who are members of the Le Club Voyage loyalty program:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/en-au/le-club-voyage/member-benefits/benefits-glance

Phil

I understood, and the website states, that this benefit is for LCV members. I do know the application asks for one's LCV membership number and Tier level.

But if you (mrbluesea) say you know from experience that this is not strictly enforced, then I shall defer to your first-hand knowledge. Perhaps on your voyage all the LCV upgrade requests had been met and yours was still there? Any insight from you?

Here's what the webpage says...

"Thank you for choosing Azamara Club Cruises for your upcoming vacation. As a valued and loyal Le Club Voyage member, one of your many benefits is $398 USD per stateroom upgrades.*"

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/le-club-voyage/offers/stateroom-upgrade

My TA already had my authorization to accept an upgrade if she considered the cabin a good one (location etc)

That way she did not need to track me down !

We have the same arrangement with our TA. As soon as we book a cruise we discuss what would be an acceptable upgrade or upsell offer, so she knows whether to accept or not if one comes through. She also has the credit card information and can pay for it during the call.

We have been very happy with the cabins that she has negotiated for us on HAL and Princess with their upgrade offers and hope that she gets the call on our upcoming Azamara cruise. We have used the same TA since 1995.

Bonnie

After I booked my first cruise I joined Le Club Voyage and got a membership number and then used that to register for the the upgrade offer. I got a call through the TA asking if I wanted an upgrade. I had not said to my TA to look for an upgrade. I may well have just been lucky but for first time cruisers I would suggest joining Le Club Voyage fill out the request and hope you are lucky. It worked for me.:)

Bonnie

After I booked my first cruise I joined Le Club Voyage and got a membership number and then used that to register for the the upgrade offer. I got a call through the TA asking if I wanted an upgrade. I had not said to my TA to look for an upgrade. I may well have just been lucky but for first time cruisers I would suggest joining Le Club Voyage fill out the request and hope you are lucky. It worked for me.:)

You got a number after booking? But not yet cruising? Ohhhh I guess I need to log in and give the a try!

Bonnie

Good advice!

Phil

• 4 weeks later...

Just had our "upgrade call" from our TA for our cruise on Dec 2nd. We are only on the first level of the loyalty club so I expect they had already made a few calls. We were originally in a V3 (verandah) and were offered 3 different Club Continent Suites. I asked if I could get back to them but they couldn't guarantee holding them so I went ahead and I think we are now in an N1. Am not sure that we'll make use of all the extras but for £218 it would have been silly not to have gone ahead!

I know that suites have a bathtub - but do they have a shower as well? I assume that we'll now get the extra internet, laundry etc. too. Re the complimentary seating in the speciality restaurants - do we have to book a specific time?

Just had our "upgrade call" from our TA for our cruise on Dec 2nd. We are only on the first level of the loyalty club so I expect they had already made a few calls. We were originally in a V3 (verandah) and were offered 3 different Club Continent Suites. I asked if I could get back to them but they couldn't guarantee holding them so I went ahead and I think we are now in an N1. Am not sure that we'll make use of all the extras but for £218 it would have been silly not to have gone ahead!

I know that suites have a bathtub - but do they have a shower as well? I assume that we'll now get the extra internet, laundry etc. too. Re the complimentary seating in the speciality restaurants - do we have to book a specific time?

Well done:cool: There is a shower over the tub, but I find it a bit awkward at 6 foot tall. I have to lean back a bit and stoop, but it's ok. Yes, 235 minutes internet and one bag of laundry for each full 7 days. Access to the T-Pool deck too if you want. There is no need to book a specific time for the Specialties at the start. Speak to your butler and he can arrange. You might need to be a bit flexible on times depending upon how busy it is there.

Enjoy!

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden