Eggs Benedict on the Emerald

ChrisRobinson

I missed the "Eggs Benedict" morning in the MDR for breakfast...

Going out of FLL next month for a short 5 day.

Anyone know where these might be found on the buffet?

The ones in the buffet are really yucky.

The night before, ask to speak to the Table Captain and let him know that you'd like eggs Benedict for breakfast in the morning in the dining room. Voilà! Done. You can have it every day if you want.

I love eggs benedict and agree that the HC is not the place to get it. I have tried it and it was awful. The MDR is the only place to get it and you can request it in the hopes they will comply. Princess tries to please so I imagine they will get it for you. So just ask for it.

The ones in the buffet are really yucky.

The night before, ask to speak to the Table Captain and let him know that you'd like eggs Benedict for breakfast in the morning in the dining room. Voilà! Done. You can have it every day if you want.

Pam,

Can you get them with a soft poached egg. I cannot stand hard cooked yokes.

Can you get them with a soft poached egg. I cannot stand hard cooked yokes.

Doesn't a poached egg by definition always have a soft yolk?

If I order Eggs Benedict and the egg is overcooked I send it back, whether on a ship or land restaurant.

And re availability on Princess: usually there is at least one sea day it is offered on the 'brunch' section of the MDR lunch menu. But if it is not on the morning's breakfast menu and you did not request it the evening before as suggested above, don't expect it to magically appear. If they are not cooking fresh Hollandaise sauce that morning you are better off skipping it than having the kitchen serve you a tinned or rapidly defrosted version. (Though I actually find the HC version adequate though admittedly far from fresh-cooked)

Edited by fishywood

I adore Eggs Benedict, but I cheerfully admit to being one of those oddballs who can't stand runny eggs. I want my yolks completely hard-cooked. Anyone ever have any luck making a special request to the special request for EB to begin with? (as opposed to just requesting Eggs Benedict, I mean)