What are your favourite cabin class?

xhasox

I am going on my 5th Celebrity cruise in a couple of days. We started our very first cruise ever with an AQ due to a very good deal. After that, we have been in standard balcony. Except for our last Celebrity cruise, when we found out at embarkation that we had been upgraded from AQ guarantee to a Sky suite! :eek::eek:

This time, I managed to get an free upgrade from 1B to CC due to a rather big price drop. This will be the first time in CC.

I would like to know what are your favourite cabin class? Which cabin class is best worth you money? It would be interesting to know how others think.

I am very, very, thankfull for the SkySuite I got, but I would never pay so much for a cabin, when I can go on 2-3 cruises instead. But I think balcony is money well spent. And if I get a good deal, I will not hesitate booking an AQ, but that is simply due to Blu. :p

(Pls excuse any mis-spellings; Im not native in english.) :p

Edited by xhasox

I am going on my 5th Celebrity cruise in a couple of days. We started our very first cruise ever with an AQ due to a very good deal. After that, we have been in standard balcony. Except for our last Celebrity cruise, when we found out at embarkation that we had been upgraded from AQ guarantee to a Sky suite! :eek::eek:

This time, I managed to get an free upgrade from 1B to CC due to a rather big price drop. This will be the first time in CC.

I would like to know what are your favourite cabin class? Which cabin class is best worth you money? It would be interesting to know how others think.

I am very, very, thankfull for the SkySuite I got, but I would never pay so much for a cabin, when I can go on 2-3 cruises instead. But I think balcony is money well spent. And if I get a good deal, I will not hesitate booking an AQ, but that is simply due to Blu. :p

(Pls excuse any mis-spellings; Im not native in english.) :p

Since we do cruise often, we rarely sail in the celebrity suites whichh are our favorite. We also love aft sky suites. Regular sky suites on deck 12 would be our third choice. However we have been very happy in CC cabins also. so budget is our #1 concern when booking a cruise. We aren't great fans of AQ as the cabin locations aren't typically great and we are tired of the menu.

Ideally, S2 cabins with dinner most nights in speciality restaurants if the price is right.

enjoy your cruises.

You will find the CC and 1B are identical in design and size. As are the Aqua cabins. Which ever balcony cabin offers the most cost effective way to vacation is how we choose.

We have yet to stay in a Suite level cabin on Celebrity, but have enjoyed them on RCCL and Princess.

You will find the CC and 1B are identical in design and size. As are the Aqua cabins. Which ever balcony cabin offers the most cost effective way to vacation is how we choose.

We have yet to stay in a Suite level cabin on Celebrity, but have enjoyed them on RCCL and Princess.

This is only true on S class. M class CC and Aqua cabins are slightly larger than regular balcony. EM

Hi,

On the M-class ships we are now booking Aqua cabins on deck 11. We love the location. The buffet and bar are down one deck. We take the elevator right down to deck 5 for Blu. Getting to the Sky Lounge we just walk right across deck 11.

On the S-class ships we like the Aqua cabins under the pool. I dont have any problems with the overhang or noise. Also a big fan of C2 cabins on deck 12. Up one floor to the buffet and the pool is right on deck 12.

I think my favourite class would probably be 'suite class' but I do not expect to get to check it out any time soon, if ever.

So my next best is any balcony cabin. I just love to be able to open up to some instant fresh air whenever I like without taking a walk.

Century class--- was the Royal suite or Sky Suite.

M class--- Royal suite (depending on price) or the Concierge (deck 8) for points and extra square footage.

S class--- Any non obstructed non-connected veranda.

Just from our own past cruising history. Always can change depending on a few variables.

bosco

The corner aft S1 suites are our favorite and the first thing we normally book. We've been in them 6 or 7 times.

We have a Celebrity Suite on our upcoming cruise and will probably love it, but I imagine we'll go back to the sky suites after that. We ended up finding a price reduction after we booked our sky suite, and it was only about $200 more for the cabin for 13 nights so we thought what the heck. It was that price for about a minute and a half, I think! We just happened to be online just in time to see it, and it's on the angle of the hump so bigger balcony too. Woo hoo. My only question is will the room feel more broken up with the separate bedroom? Only time will tell. I do look forward to that nice living room area. And Michael's Club, I think.

We have sailed everything except insides. We started with an ocean view and worked our way up and can't ever see sailing on anything less than a balcony again. We would never get an inside-- part of the whole cruise experience for us is getting out on that balcony at all hours of the day and night and watching the ocean, the port, the scenery or the stars. And we don't want to have to go into the public areas necessarily to do that.

The corner aft S1 suites are our favorite and the first thing we normally book. We've been in them 6 or 7 times.

We have a Celebrity Suite on our upcoming cruise and will probably love it, but I imagine we'll go back to the sky suites after that. We ended up finding a price reduction after we booked our sky suite, and it was only about $200 more for the cabin for 13 nights so we thought what the heck. It was that price for about a minute and a half, I think! We just happened to be online just in time to see it, and it's on the angle of the hump so bigger balcony too. Woo hoo. My only question is will the room feel more broken up with the separate bedroom? Only time will tell. I do look forward to that nice living room area. And Michael's Club, I think.

We have sailed everything except insides. We started with an ocean view and worked our way up and can't ever see sailing on anything less than a balcony again. We would never get an inside-- part of the whole cruise experience for us is getting out on that balcony at all hours of the day and night and watching the ocean, the port, the scenery or the stars. And we don't want to have to go into the public areas necessarily to do that.

Lucky you! While we have sailed on the Sky Suites and the Celebrity Suite- the Celebrity Suite wins hands down. It is a wonderful stateroom! The fact that you have a living/dining room and a bedroom is great! So is the bathroom! So much space! Especially for a long cruise. In addition, Michael's club is wonderful! I am sure it will be a wonderful experience. Our next celebrity sailing is an Aft sky suite which is also great- but wait until you are in the Celebrity suite!!!

If we get a great deal (rarely happens we opt for a Celebrity Suite! Enjoy!

I've cruised in standard inside, outside and balconies - sadly no suites.

My favourite would be balcony as we find they are great value for us, and gives us what we want from a stateroom.

For our cruise next year, it worked out better value to pay an extra $100 for concierge class as we got all three Celebrity perks, whereas with a standard balcony we received just two.

In this case I'm looking forward to some of the small touches that come with Concierge class, however in general unless it's a super super ridiculous sale price, I don't think I'd justify the extra for a higher class.

I'm sure the suites and Aqua are amazing! But for us, we find that balconies are perfect for us and wouldn't utilise some of the extra perks with the higher categories.

We purchased a Persian Garden pass for our last cruise for $100 per person for the full cruise however to be honest, even though we loved the idea of it pre cruise, we didn't love it as much as we thought we would after day 1. We would go and make time to use it, because we felt that we needed to justify the money spent.

I love having the fresh air and extra space with a balcony. It's fantastic to see sailing in and out of port, and also great to have somewhere quiet to sit and relax while your travelling companion might still be sleeping.

Edited by LuckiePuris