Hamburgers - Differences by Venue?

jasm8449

I have never been in Luminae, but as far as the other three, The Mast Grill was tough to beat when you were served a burger right off the grill.

Never been a big fan of room service as the food is never the right temperature.

Porch was very good, but when comparing their burger, to the Mast Grill, not worth the extra $$.

Luminee's burger really was one of the best I have ever had... fresh angus beef and sweet onions on a delicious bun.... :D

2ujnhut.jpg

Luminee is a good burger, but not even close to being the best ever. We prefer the Mast Grill, it's right off the grill

In the minority here, but we totally disliked the burger in Luminae. It was so greasy we couldn't eat it as the bun was soaked with grease. The Mast Grill was the best, by far.

Mine were always perfect. Not too greasy while still being messy and because of not being cooked to death full of flavour.

And fresh beef.

Oh ya, mine were always hot off their grill. Never anything but hot.

Mast grill burgers are pretty good.... better than some cruise lines IMHO

I will miss being back in my regular cabin categories well away from Luminee for my next ten weeks between now and July.

BTW I make a great burger. :D

Edited by A Sixth?

Can I ditto A Sixth? in that of the half dozen or so burgers I had on our last cruise the ones I had in Luminae were by far the best with the one on embarkation day there nudging in to the top spot :cool:

Although I enjoy the Mast Grill burgers, the Room Service burgers have always been hot and delicious when I've ordered them. It is a nice alternative when you just feel like having a quiet lunch on the balcony (especially at peak lunch time when there are lines at the Mast Grill and the tables are sometimes all taken).

Are they not all made in the same kitchen ? Just cooked in different kitchens

I think you are correct ... same beef in most of the venues, just slightly different cooking methods ... the hot-off-the-grill burgers in the Mast Grill are our favorites

I think you are correct ... same beef in most of the venues, just slightly different cooking methods ... the hot-off-the-grill burgers in the Mast Grill are our favorites

Not sure about the same beef, some are advertised as Angus and I doubt they use that everywhere.

But I think you hit the nail on the head why so many love the Mast Grill, HOT off the grill.

Sure the Luminae burger is great. Not sure why you think it is Angus, it doesn't say it on the menu. It's definitely not even 100% beef. I am fairly certain it has lamb and or pork in the beef., but I honestly can't remember which. I also agree with the previous poster who questions "best ever". We grow our own beef (pork and chicken too) and I'd put our burgers up there above Luminae, but that could be said of a number of places I've eaten a burger, including some that serve Kobe burger :)

We also enjoy the fresh off grill burgers at the Mast, but there an entirely different level than the premium burger that is served in Luminae.

Happy sailing,

Jenna