Turning Pinnacle Soon!

Hello Everyone,

I will turn Pinnacle in November on Liberty of the Seas. Is there anything that I need to do prior to the sailing? Someone suggested that I see the Loyalty Ambassador as soon as I board the ship to tell her about it. Do I need to call anyone ahead of time? Alot of my friends are going to be onboard to help me celebrate.

Thanks very much for any information!

Hello Everyone,

I will turn Pinnacle in November on Liberty of the Seas. Is there anything that I need to do prior to the sailing? Someone suggested that I see the Loyalty Ambassador as soon as I board the ship to tell her about it. Do I need to call anyone ahead of time? Alot of my friends are going to be onboard to help me celebrate.

Thanks very much for any information!

Congrats :D...but don't you usually have to wait until the cruise is completed to move up a level :confused:

Congrats :D...but don't you usually have to wait until the cruise is completed to move up a level :confused:

Not for Pinnacle, they give you that presentation on the cruise you earn the points.

How do you enjoy the solo cruise experience?

I see you are from the 416 - go Jays! :p

I absolutely love it! I felt so out of place having friends with me on my past sailing. Although I had an amazing time with them, I'm looking forward to going back to solo for my next sailing. I love doing what I want, when I want and how I want without having to check with someone else ... nothing beats it!!

GO JAYS GO!!! :D ready for the playoffs to further take over the city.

I just made Pinnacle in August.

Just a few notes (I know it may work differently on some ships).

They were really nice about contacting me for everything, but you will have to meet with Loyalty and fill out a sheet on how you would like your names on your name tags (Takes 6-8 weeks to get them, got mine in 6). If you have not already booked your "complementary" cruise, you will get a certificate with the BLOCK.

Also the address where you want the name tags and block sent (that came the day after the name tags/congratulations kit showed up).

Again, some ships present it at the Captain's welcome aboard celebration (That is where I received my recognition), some at the Welcome back party, etc. They did a fantastic job on the Enchantment!.

Some people get the "Gold Card" during their cruise, others have to wait until the next cruise for some of the perks - again depends on the ship.

If you are in a suite or sailing single (or any other way of gaining an extra point) though, make sure to contact RCCL ahead of time because it won't recognize that you will be getting additional points for the cruise that may be needed to reach the level.

I just made Pinnacle in August.

Just a few notes (I know it may work differently on some ships).

They were really nice about contacting me for everything, but you will have to meet with Loyalty and fill out a sheet on how you would like your names on your name tags (Takes 6-8 weeks to get them, got mine in 6). If you have not already booked your "complementary" cruise, you will get a certificate with the BLOCK.

Also the address where you want the name tags and block sent (that came the day after the name tags/congratulations kit showed up).

Again, some ships present it at the Captain's welcome aboard celebration (That is where I received my recognition), some at the Welcome back party, etc. They did a fantastic job on the Enchantment!.

Some people get the "Gold Card" during their cruise, others have to wait until the next cruise for some of the perks - again depends on the ship.

If you are in a suite or sailing single (or any other way of gaining an extra point) though, make sure to contact RCCL ahead of time because it won't recognize that you will be getting additional points for the cruise that may be needed to reach the level.

Thanks very much for all the information! I appreciate it!

Congrats! I just made Diamond and I'm enjoying that :D

Ditto! First Diamond cruise coming up. I may make Diamond + someday, but I'll probably retire and then take vacations in my back yard before getting to Pinacle.

Question please Bob. I turned Pinnacle last year and will be taking my "free" cruise this month. Will I earn points for the free cruise? Thanks....Pat😊

If you paid extra for the cruise (other than taxes/fees), you will earn points. For example, the free cruise is a credit for the least expensive balcony stateroom on a 7 day cruise, up to $1200pp. If you choose a stateroom more expensive than the credit they are giving you, then you get points.

Firefighterhoop, thanks for the info about suite pax. Do I call the C&A D+ desk about this?

That is who I called. Actually it was someone from Loyalty on another ship that told me to do that. I just told them the situation that I was concerned that I may not appear to be hitting 700 points on the cruise because I will need the extra point, and was wondering if they could notate the reservation or notify the ship and they took care of it for me with no problems :)

If you paid extra for the cruise (other than taxes/fees), you will earn points. For example, the free cruise is a credit for the least expensive balcony stateroom on a 7 day cruise, up to $1200pp. If you choose a stateroom more expensive than the credit they are giving you, then you get points.

If your cruise is under the value, you can ask them to charge you 1.00 a person . Mine was slightly over the amount so wasn't an issue.

Congrats neighbor. Live just south of you in Fair Oaks (I actually know how to say Boerne). Just a Diamond, but maybe one day I'll get there.

Yeah, your just south of me! LOL!

I never thought I would make Pinnacle and one day I figured I could so did quite a few out of Galveston as well as some long cruises and I'm finally going to make it!

• 4 weeks later...
We will be making "P" shortly. Some ships seem to do the occasion in a bigger way than others. We'll be on Majesty. Anything different they do there?

Congratulations! I can't speak for Majesty but agree that the presentation is done differently on different ships. It shouldn't be that way but is. We've seen it done very simply.....with no officers present to a big celebration with officers, cake, special dinners and more.

Congratulations! I can't speak for Majesty but agree that the presentation is done differently on different ships. It shouldn't be that way but is. We've seen it done very simply.....with no officers present to a big celebration with officers, cake, special dinners and more.

Sad but true. An event that should have the same recognition on board all ships, but they just don't do it that way. :(:mad:

Another note to the OP or anyone reaching PC level is that your complimentary cruise does not have to be a 7 day cruise, it can be applied to an already booked cruise (with no repricing) and you won't lose any C&A discounts/OBC that may be attached to that booking. You really don't a certificate for the complimentary cruise. Just by calling C&A D+ desk and giving them your C&A Number will be more than enough info on your points level.

If you use it on a cruise longer than 7 days, the cruise fare will be prorated with the $1200pp amount factored in.

If you know when and what ship you are going to be earning that 700th point, it is a very good idea to notify the C&A D+ desk prior to that particular cruise.

Edited by cruisenfever