Classic Beverage Package Newbie Questions

eyelash

One of the incentives I received when booking was the Classic Beverage Package for Two. I was referred to the information available on Celebrity’s website under my reservation for an explanation of what that means. I’ve read that but am still confused. It says:

“Classic Beverage Package option includes beer up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, and frozen drinks up to $8 per serving, wine by the glass up to $9 per serving, all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water, and server gratuities (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package includes all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water and server gratuities (amount based on gratuity guidelines).

My questions are:

(1) Does receiving the Classic Beverage Package as a booking incentive truly mean there will be no cost to me for drinks included under the package for the duration of the cruise? No limited number of drinks?

(2) Does the separate reference to “Classic Non-Alcohol Beverage Package” mean that I don’t have that? Or is it automatically part of my overall “Classic Beverage Package?”

(3) It says it includes "server gratuities based on gratuity guidelines." Does that mean no automatic gratuities are charged on drinks included in the package? I realize I would always have the option to tip for good service, I just don’t understand whether they will also be automatically adding a gratuity on that they define differently than “a server gratuity based on gratuity guidelines.”

(4) When ordering a drink on board, how does the server know you have the “Classic Beverage Package?”

(5) Is it obvious to you as a passenger what drinks cost, or do you need to inquire first to know whether or not it’s going to be included under your beverage package?

I’m realizing these questions make it sound like all I plan to do is drink, but I just want to be sure I understand how the package works!

1 - Yes. No cost as long as the per drink cost is under the limit.

2 - It's automatically part of it.

3 - You don't pay grats on drinks unless you want to with the package.

4 - It's on your card.

5 - Tell them you have the classic package and they'll make it work.

Not sure if you drink wine, but if you do, the upgrade to premium ($11.80 per person/per day) is completely worth it. If you don't, you'll probably be fine.

Hope this helps!

No limit on the number of drinks. No gratuities added on. Be aware that the package does not cover the drinks in the cabin mini-bar or drinks ordered from room service.

The bartenders are great- if you want a margarita for example tell them you have the Classic Package & you would like a margarita- they will make one with the liquor that is covered by your package.

Some find the wines available under the Classic package somewhat limited but wait till you are on the ship for a day or 2, then if what you want isn't included in the Classic package you can upgrade then.

If you have the classic package your cruise card will say Call next to beverage package. Make sure it says that. We had the plan and it wasn't on the cards. It involved customer relations to call Miami to get it fixed.

Never sign for any drink unless you know you're paying for it. If you're not sure if a drink is covered simply ask. Check your bill because my cousin got charged for one of her mudslides by mistake even though she never signed for it

The extra price souvenir glasses are not included. Sometimes the bartenders walk around with these at sail away. We had Pinot Grigio and Chardonnay at dinner. We told the sommelier the first night that we were on the plan and bring us something every night.

Don't forget Cafe Baccio and the special coffee drinks like at Starbucks. I saw Captain Leo and Captain Kate having breakfast there one morning.

Hiya,we love this drinks package when it's included in the price of your cruise,and if you like a nice cocktail or a good whisky at night it is well worth upgrading to premium package,you can do it just for one person too,some times the waiters just give you want you want any way..when we were on eclipse they just left the wine bottles on the table at night.make use of the coffee bar too,which is included the little cakes you get are amazing.

The bartenders and servers are wonderful! They will do whatever they have to in order to make you happy. Let them know that you have the Classic package and what you want and it will almost certainly be done. No additional charges as long as you stay within the package. We've had no trouble at all finding plenty to enjoy within the package. The sommeliers are the same. They are eager to keep passengers happy. I do keep an eye on our tab on the cabin TV as we have often been charged for something that either we did not order or should have been included. It has always been corrected immediately once brought to the attention of guest services.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

With a little search there is a menu of which brands of alcohol are included in the classic pkg. Unless you really are interested in a higher priced wine or a particular premium brand of vodka, tequila etc. the classic works for most cruisers. I was impressed with the brands included. DH is disappointed in beer choices. He might end up upgrading if he gets bored. There have been quite a few threads lately on the drink packages since it is part of pricing lately. You can find those easily.

Have fun!

Edited by eandj

For the many threads with questions about the drink packages, your set are the best to the point and wonderful I have read in many a post! Excellent!

Only 1 thing to add to the answer for #5:

The drinks at the World Bar, the beers at the GastroBar, a lot of the wines at Cellar Masters, and the Martini Bar are going to be over the cost limits of the Classic, and you will be charged the entire cost for what you order.

When we talk about up grading to the Premium pkg, here is what we mean.

The difference in the cost of the Classic to Premium, if you were to buy a beverage pkg, is $10.00 + 18% tip = $11.80 per day. This covers EVERY DRINK :eek: up to $13.00 and allows us to try many things we would never try if it was out of pocket. If you try a drink that is $14.00 you only pay the $1.00 + 18% grat = $1.18. If you did this with the Classic, you are going to pay $16.52 ( $14.00 + 18% grat = $2.52 = $16.52 )

Clear as mud?:D

EW

Edited by wallie5446

I thought I remember reading that you could get regular drinks (not martinis) at the Martini Bar .... also Appletinis an Cosmos. Is this not correct?

I was pleased to read this because DH does not like Martinis. In the past (before beverage package), I'd had a Martini and he would sit there like a schoolboy with his hands folded waiting for me to finish. Not fun. He would have ordered a gin and tonic or tequila sunrise or beer (his drinks of choice) had he known.

Edited by mafig

I thought I remember reading that you could get regular drinks (not martinis) at the Martini Bar .... also Appletinis an Cosmos. Is this not correct?

I was pleased to read this because DH does not like Martinis. In the past (before beverage package), I'd had a Martini and he would sit there like a schoolboy with his hands folded waiting for me to finish. Not fun. He would have ordered a gin and tonic or tequila sunrise or beer (his drinks of choice) had he known.

Correct, they will make most anything.

I don't think I saw it mentioned but, if you have classic, you can upgrade during the cruise being charged only for the days left. So, if you try the classic and are frustrated by paying for drinks or not getting what you want the first few days, you can upgrade for less cost than had you started with premium at the outset. That's if you think you might or might not be happy with classic. We upgrade the first day because we KNOW we are going to need premium due to our tastes in wine and other liquor. I also wait until I'm on board to upgrade as I want to use OBC, which you can't do if you upgrade on line. Also, I don't know if anyone mentioned you could upgrade at any bar at any time and, believe me, they will be asking if you would like to. The more premium packages on board, the more gratuities to share.;)

Just off from Reflection on Friday, I had classic package. When I ordered a cocktail, was not necessary to tell the bartender the brand of spirit, he will look at your SeaPass card, and if it says 'Call' or 'Classic', he will do the drink with a spirit covered by the package, unless you want an specific brand.

Edited by Pipo