Cruise from Sydney to Hawaii?

sollan

We are considering a cruise with Solstice from Australia to Hawaii and would very much appreciate some thoughs about this.

We love the seadays so that is no problem :)

Any tips and what should we expect? Thanks in advance!

I have heard positive thoughts about this cruise itinerary. It appears, from my research, cruising Solstice from Hawaii to Sydney at beginning of our cruise season 'down under' and Sydney to Hawaii at the end of the season, is very popular and sells out fast.

We also love sea days and we have booked our third cruise on Solstice for the 2017 Sydney to Hawaii itinerary. It will be our first cruise crossing an ocean. We are really looking forward to the experience.

Edited by Embrace

We did this cruise the other direction a couple of years ago, absolutely loved it. Yes there are lots of sea days but we loved them as it gave us plenty of time to really explore and enjoy all the great things about the ship. French Polynesia was a highlight and the Islands are more beautiful than I had imagined, they are amazing in pictures but even more spectacular in person.

We again did this in reverse and it remains a real favourite. Cruising into Bora Bora, seeing a whale near Morea and cruising through the Hole in the rock NZ being real highlights!

Would do it again, hopefully will!

We did a Honolulu to Sydney cruise in 2011 and then a San Francisco to Sydney cruise in 2014. We enjoyed both so much that we will be booking a Honolulu to Sydney cruise on the Solstice in the fall of 2016 with a second leg onto Singapore. These itineraries are just so relaxing.

I have heard positive thoughts about this cruise itinerary. It appears, from my research, cruising Solstice from Hawaii to Sydney at beginning of our cruise season 'down under' and Sydney to Hawaii at the end of the season, is very popular and sells out fast.

We also love sea days and we have booked our third cruise on Solstice for the 2017 Sydney to Hawaii itinerary. It will be our first cruise crossing an ocean. We are really looking forward to the experience.

We are also on the 2017 Sydney to Hawaii cruise. We have already started a roll call for that cruise as well as the follow on cruise Hawaii to Vancouver.

Nice to hear all positive comments! Wondering which side that will be the "best"? Port or starboard?

There isn't really any best side. Most days are at sea, and the other destinations are pretty even overall.

As for price, some itineraries vary in number of days, but generally there isn't much difference early on.

Demand changes as bookings rise which caused differences at points in time though.

We're taking the Sydney to Hawaii cruise in April and would love to get advice from those who have done this itinerary. There are so many shore excursions to choose from and it is hard to know which direction to go! We did book a catamaran on Bora Bora and an island tour in Moorea, but that's it so far. Would you mind sharing what is "Not to be missed", what excursions you loved, and what you enjoyed on the long stretch of sea days? We are spending a couple of days before the cruise in Sydney also and would love advice about what to see there. We are from central California and the flight is not one I am looking forward to :\ but sure looking forward to everything else! Thanks in advance for your tips and advice. ( We are in our 60's, pretty active, and still like to have fun!)

We're taking the Sydney to Hawaii cruise in April and would love to get advice from those who have done this itinerary. There are so many shore excursions to choose from and it is hard to know which direction to go! We did book a catamaran on Bora Bora and an island tour in Moorea, but that's it so far. Would you mind sharing what is "Not to be missed", what excursions you loved, and what you enjoyed on the long stretch of sea days? We are spending a couple of days before the cruise in Sydney also and would love advice about what to see there. We are from central California and the flight is not one I am looking forward to :\ but sure looking forward to everything else! Thanks in advance for your tips and advice. ( We are in our 60's, pretty active, and still like to have fun!)

You need to go to he Roll Call, where you ask the same question.

We are also on the 2017 Sydney to Hawaii cruise. We have already started a roll call for that cruise as well as the follow on cruise Hawaii to Vancouver.

Good to see that are not disembarking passengers in Ensenada and bussing them to San Diego as happened to us when we were on Century in 2012.

Edited by upwarduk

We are considering a cruise with Solstice from Australia to Hawaii and would very much appreciate some thoughs about this.

We just came off of this cruse in May of this year. It was great. We loved French Polynesia and our stay in Hawaii was fabulous. There are sea days between Bora Bora and Lahaina but we participated ( the Solstice) in a sea rescue which was an adventure. New Zealand is a treat also. Participate in your CC message board for your cruise. There will be many worthwhile private tours available. We did Patrick's Tour in Bora Bora where we had 8 folks swimming with sharks , sting rays and a wonderful native lunch . It was a trip of of our lifetime.

We just came off of this cruse in May of this year. It was great. We loved French Polynesia and our stay in Hawaii was fabulous. There are sea days between Bora Bora and Lahaina but we participated ( the Solstice) in a sea rescue which was an adventure. New Zealand is a treat also. Participate in your CC message board for your cruise. There will be many worthwhile private tours available. We did Patrick's Tour in Bora Bora where we had 8 folks swimming with sharks , sting rays and a wonderful native lunch . It was a trip of of our lifetime.

We did this same cruise 2 years ago and also did Patrick's tour in Bora Bora- second the recommendation! We did day passes in Tahiti at the Intercontinental and Moorea at the Hilton and the snorkeling right off the beach was amazing.

We did this cruise in reverse the first time Celebrity sailed down there (Mercury). We did a Helmet Dive in Bora Bora and it was the highlight of the cruise. We are going again in March 2016 and doing Patrick's tour in Bora Bora. This itinerary still remains our No 1. Everything about it was special.

I've did this cruise twice..in reverse. The celebrity Solstice is a beautiful classy ship...and the ports fabulous. Patrick's tour in bora bora is a standout wonderful experience irrespective of swimming abilities. The lunch on the private island and was great too.

Edited by rugbypopsie

Thanks for that - found it and we are on the list :) Seems that every time I book a cruise it's further out in the future - just didn't want to miss this and it's so popular - had to reserve a cabin now. The countdown just seems too far away at present but I'll be soooo ready for the cruise when it comes around.:D

Edited by Embrace

If you are looking at the April 9, 2016 crossing you will need to search for an agency that has a block of rooms, as this cruise is essentially sold out. I had a client the other day who wanted to upgrade from an interior to a balcony and thankfully we still had 3 rooms in our allotment, all on a guarantee. I would shop around for the best deal but act swiftly.

Thanks for advice! We have contact with a TA that has a few cabins. Unbeliviable - all cabins they got from X have the layout with the bed close to the bathroom....:(

And we like the layout with bed close to the veranda much more...