Got my luggage tags, x-pass, etc~what if I decide to upgrade

mafig

My cruise is 6 weeks away. I just received my luggage tags, have the x-press pass, e-docs .... I guess I'm all set.

However, I check prices every day to see if I might want to upgrade.

What if I do?

Is it a big deal? Do I get new luggage tags? New x-press pass?

I don't want anything to get messed up.:o

No worries.

You'll have to do the express pass thing again and if it's not too late you can get luggage tags, but if it is, just get them at the port. Many people do that anyway.

Hope you can snag the upgrade you like.

I don't even think you'd have to do the express pass again. You need that to get in the hall for check-in but once you give your ID to the person behind the counter they can see your new cabin. For example, people sometimes set up the express pass with one credit card and then decide to use another upon check-in and that doesn't require their printing another express pass.

My cruise is 6 weeks away. I just received my luggage tags, have the x-press pass, e-docs .... I guess I'm all set.

However, I check prices every day to see if I might want to upgrade.

What if I do?

Is it a big deal? Do I get new luggage tags? New x-press pass?

I don't want anything to get messed up.:o

If you do upgrade you go back in & print a new express pass as it will show your new cabin #. If you have time re-order luggage tags or you can pick them up at the pier.

I don't even think you'd have to do the express pass again. You need that to get in the hall for check-in but once you give your ID to the person behind the counter they can see your new cabin. For example, people sometimes set up the express pass with one credit card and then decide to use another upon check-in and that doesn't require their printing another express pass.

The porters have plenty of luggage tags.

Right! As long as you still have the same reservation number, it doesn't matter.

They just scan the bar code on whichever express pass you give them, and it picks up all the current information for that reservation.

Some people who book guarantees don't even know their stateroom number, or whether they have been upgraded, until they get to the pier.

For that matter, it is not really necessary to have a copy of the express pass at all.

It just helps to expedite the boarding process if you do.

But if you should lose or misplace your express pass, there is no need to worry as you will still be allowed to board the ship.

Also, at some ports where there is high security they ask you to show it along with ID at the port entrance. You will still be admitted even if you don't have the express pass, although they may ask you to wait while they call for verification.

As stated, luggage tags are provided at the port. You can either write your cabin number on them and attach them to your luggage yourself, or a porter will do it for you.

Edited by fleckle