Liberty to Bermuda 10/3/15

fdthird

Good Morning :)

Is there anyone here that is on the Liberty of The Seas now? Just wondering if the seas are calm. One of my family members is on the ship, and I am a bit concerned. I am so glad they re-routed to Canada.

Will it be a round trip cruise to Canada, or are they all flying back from Canada to NY?

Thank you in advance for any info.

Has anyone else checked out the Bermuda webcam this morning? Eerie :(

Indeed. I went to their F B page and it it describes some of what went on. I wish the folks who complained on the RC F B page about not going could see it now. Bermuda web camera page commented on how NCL Breakaway was leaving for Bermuda along with a picture from NYC. That was followed by this next quote "we hope we get to see her Wednesday, but no promises".

Perhaps they might not get or go there?:confused:

Edited by A&L_Ont

On Liberty now. Having a great time. I think the vast majority of people have been very understanding of the itinerary change. As previously posted the OBC is a nice amount. The golf outing for Club Royale has been rescheduled for today in St. John. All is good. Katherine

On Liberty now. Having a great time. I think the vast majority of people have been very understanding of the itinerary change. As previously posted the OBC is a nice amount. The golf outing for Club Royale has been rescheduled for today in St. John. All is good. Katherine

Great info...and thank you for sharing. Glad you are all safe and having a good time. I am sure there are family members still worried and hopefully this will give them a little peace of mind. :)

Wow:

If you cancel, they are refunding port fees, taxes, gratuities and prepaid excursions plus issuing a 50% future cruise credit. Really not that bad for someone who didn't buy insurance.

That's one of the best offers I've ever seen for change in Itin due to weather...what's wrong with Canada? Trees should be gorgeous this time of year. Hope they take good care of Liberty before we board her in April!

Another adventure....bring it! Wouldn't bother me a bit! Don't be hatin, just MHO:cool:

My parents are on the 10/3 cruise and when they heard about the change in itinerary, they thought it was just another adventure. It's not RCI fault. Trust me, I'm sure if they had a chance, they would have gone to Bermuda. So my parents said they are just going to go with the flow.

I'm booked on the Oct 17th sailing and looking forward to it. And if another hurricane swings by, Canada would be fine with me and my delicate stomach. I've been on cruises where there were rough seas and it wasn't pretty.

My parents are on the 10/3 cruise and when they heard about the change in itinerary, they thought it was just another adventure. It's not RCI fault. Trust me, I'm sure if they had a chance, they would have gone to Bermuda. So my parents said they are just going to go with the flow.

I'm booked on the Oct 17th sailing and looking forward to it. And if another hurricane swings by, Canada would be fine with me and my delicate stomach. I've been on cruises where there were rough seas and it wasn't pretty.

I am also booked on the 17th. Even if they change our itinerary due to weather, no problems. I have never cruised to Canada. After all.....we are on a cruise!

My husband & I were booked on the Explorer of the Seas last October 18th when Hurricane Gonzalo rerouted us to Canada also. It was our 25th weddiwng anniversary & I was extremely disappointed by the itinerary change. We did not cruise & drove to Florida instead

We received 25% of our cruise fare towards a future cruise. We received our cruise certificates & letter in an envelope that was postmarked 10/30/2014. The letter was dated 10/22/2014 & the certificates expired 10/31/14. This is not a typo. The certificates expired before we received them. Not a happy cruiser.

My husband & I were booked on the Explorer of the Seas last October 18th when Hurricane Gonzalo rerouted us to Canada also. It was our 25th weddiwng anniversary & I was extremely disappointed by the itinerary change. We did not cruise & drove to Florida instead

We received 25% of our cruise fare towards a future cruise. We received our cruise certificates & letter in an envelope that was postmarked 10/30/2014. The letter was dated 10/22/2014 & the certificates expired 10/31/14. This is not a typo. The certificates expired before we received them. Not a happy cruiser.

The date on the certificate was a typo. Did you contact the cruise line to get it fixed?

That had to have been a mistake. The two times we received a Future Cruise Credit, they were valid for a year. I would have called and tried to get it fixed.

Edited by clarea

If folks wanted to reschedule, would they have been able to at no cost? Also, I'm wondering if this would have been something that trip insurance could have covered if someone chose not to take the cruise due to the itinerary change.

I'm just being doggone curious :)

I do agree it was very generous of RC to offer such nice OBC. It's a chance we take when we sail in hurricane season. I'm heading to Bermuda on Liberty in a week and a half so it could have and still could easily be me, but I definitely get it.

The date on the certificate was a typo. Did you contact the cruise line to get it fixed?

That had to have been a mistake. The two times we received a Future Cruise Credit, they were valid for a year. I would have called and tried to get it fixed.

My first call would have been to RC for the clerical correction. One time we were issued a FCC and it too was good for a year from the date of issue.

Goinpostal I hope you contacted RC to get it corrected, as your year to use it will expire in 3 weeks.:eek: I hope you can travel on short notice.:)

I was on the 10/3 cruise. The first 2 days were chilly and windy. The seas were a little rough. Pools were closed and it was hard to be on deck with the wind.

Weather in St. John was beautiful. Little foggy early in the morning but it burned off and was bright sunshine and high 60's. Brought a fleece jacket and never needed it. They said it was one of the best weather days they had seen!

Days 4 and 5 seas were much calmer at times the water was like glass. The ship was cruising at slow speed (8-10 knots) and the wind was barely blowing. Day 5 on the deck was HOT in the sun. Pools were open and people were enjoying the sun.

RC did a great job re-organizing everything that had to be changed due to the re-route. They were generous with OBC and did everything to make sure we had a great vacation!

We had the distinction of Being on both of the two cruises that where rerouted to Canada.Last year the OBC was 1/2 of this year,Also the notification was much better this year than last. Last years ship was full of angry people most of who only learned of the change at the port.Those of us on CC new the day before so we could repack. This year the night before if you filled out your set sail pass correctly you recieved text,Email and calls.Royal really went out of there way to mk it best they could.

Indeed. I went to their F B page and it it describes some of what went on. I wish the folks who complained on the RC F B page about not going could see it now. Bermuda web camera page commented on how NCL Breakaway was leaving for Bermuda along with a picture from NYC. That was followed by this next quote "we hope we get to see her Wednesday, but no promises".

Perhaps they might not get or go there?:confused:

I was on the sailing. First, let me say, NO ONE wanted to sail into a hurricane. We were grateful to still be sailing. The seas were pretty rough Sat/Sun to the point that they closed the outside decks until Monday morning. It was very rocky.

They only complaint about the itinerary was that we had only 1 day in St. John, when we would have had 2 in Bermuda. I get it, we were lucky to dock anywhere. But you have to admit, that 1 day in St. John Canada is NOT 2 days in Bermuda. And no, there wasn't any foliage to "peep" at.. The day was clear and sunny. We made the most of it, getting off the ship and having lobster rolls.

I felt sorry for my co-passengers that came down from Canada only to cruise to a place 40 miles from their home...Or the couple that was to get married in Bermuda.

Yes, Safety first.. and a changed itinerary is better than NO itinerary! and we actually didn't use HALF the OBC. That is supposed to be credited back to our cc.