? About senior discount

Is there any way to find out if a senior discount was being offered when I originally made my reservation? I am after final payment and when I made the reservation I forgot my husband was turning 55 the day we embark. The discount is being offered now. If it was being offered when I made the reservation, do you think they would apply it now?

Thanks.

Is there any way to find out if a senior discount was being offered when I originally made my reservation? I am after final payment and when I made the reservation I forgot my husband was turning 55 the day we embark. The discount is being offered now. If it was being offered when I made the reservation, do you think they would apply it now?

Thanks.

You can look at your original booking confirmation from Royal and that usually shows any special pricing you got.

You would have gotten the discounts that were in place at the time you booked. They look at the age the guest would be on the first day of the cruise.

However, if you are before final payment date, and the price is lower now than when you booked, then you should be able to call and get the lower price,

Edited by clarea

Unfortunately after final payment, and big price drop.

I didn't realize they would look at the age, thought you had to check it off.

Looked at my invoice, nope, no Senior discount.

Yes, I could upgrade to an ocean balcony, but we just love our aft Boardwalk cabin, so I guess we'll just enjoy what we have.

Thanks for the quick response.

If you are on the Nov 15th sailing and booked a B1 there were no senior discounts after Feb 18th of this year. If you booked a B2 the senior discounts if you booked this year were:

08/13/15-09/02/15-1115

09/02/15-09/03/15-1065

09/04/15-09/09/15-1035

09/17/15-10/03/15-848

From what I can research I think this is correct, but I could be wrong !

You do need to check that box. What Bob was saying is that they go by your age on boarding day. I have noticed that RCL seems to be adding senior rates frequently these days AFTER final payment date

In my experience, you can't check the box if you are not 55 on the day you book. Laura is 54, and every time I try and check it for cruises that occur after her birthday, it won't let me

You do need to check that box. What Bob was saying is that they go by your age on boarding day. I have noticed that RCL seems to be adding senior rates frequently these days AFTER final payment date

Also usually you can't get the senior discount if you got some other discount. So usually I only end upi with it if there are no other deals.

Thx guys...as always...you all check in with precise info.

My husband turns 55 the day we board.

We booked the cruise in May. And it's a B1 cabin

Yes, I'll call, what's the worse they can say?

Thx again!

Edited by eileen226

Also usually you can't get the senior discount if you got some other discount. So usually I only end upi with it if there are no other deals.

We have gotten senior, military and resident rates AND also received our balcony discount.

In 2014 when we booked our August 2015 cruise I received the senior discount with my DH. I am senior, and my DH is knocking on the door to senior, now the door still did not open for him, so we went and booked for next year while sailing on the Oasis.

Obviously they caught their mistake......

I received the senior discount.....

And

They locked the door, and he did not get it for that (2016) booking.

Different agent on different ship, paid close attention....

Oh well, at least we benefited once.

Sea Ya

Wow, I assumed that once one person qualified the entire cabin was priced that way

It is supposed to be that way. DH was in the military and I was not and we both get the military rate when there is one available. AND he was senior before I was and we both got the senior rate as well

Edited by molly361

Wow, I assumed that once one person qualified the entire cabin was priced that way

Really?????

On board the agent said I was eligible, now I did not mention that I had saved because my DH got it on last booking thinking they could screw us somehow.

Now we transfered this booking to our TA, I wonder if this is something I should pursue?????

Thanks for giving me a heads up.

I will update after I call TA monday.

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

Really?????

On board the agent said I was eligible, now I did not mention that I had saved because my DH got it on last booking thinking they could screw us somehow.

Now we transfered this booking to our TA, I wonder if this is something I should pursue?????

Yes, that is why people split up couples into different cabins; you only need 1 in the cabin to get the discount. I would ask about the discount, but not sure you would get it if it's not currently offered.

Yes, that is why people split up couples into different cabins; you only need 1 in the cabin to get the discount. I would ask about the discount, but not sure you would get it if it's not currently offered.

I cannot stress enough, thanks for this heads up.

If it is not currently available it willl become yet another thing I will track in addition to a price reduction.

Thanks again.

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

Yes, it ONE person in the cabin is over 55, or military, or EMT, or police or fire the whole cabin is entitled to the discount. Same with resident discount, as sometimes people cruise together who live in different states, and if either state has a resident discount, it is applied to the booking for both guests.

I appear to be very lame since I've never known there to be a senior discount nor has my TA ever brought it up. DH and I have probably been on at least 7 cruises on RCI since he turned 55.

We are diamond and get that discount. Are we missing something? About how much is the discount?

I appear to be very lame since I've never known there to be a senior discount nor has my TA ever brought it up. DH and I have probably been on at least 7 cruises on RCI since he turned 55.

We are diamond and get that discount. Are we missing something? About how much is the discount?

The senior discount is not on every cruise or category, and varies. There is no set amount or percentage of discount.