HMC - Question, What about Rain?

nydney1

I an not trying to jinx myself but the weather calls for rain all next week. I know the risk you take traveling in October.

Here is my question. If it is raining do we still stop in HMC (I am assuming it is safe to tender)?

What happens to the people that booked Cabannas?

Thanks for the help

Happened to us 2 cruises ago. Was pouring in the morning so we waited til it slowed down to go ashore. It started raining again and rained all day. We sat under a shelter til it slowed then back to the ship. It was a bummer. Thank God we didn't put out the money for a cabana. A lot of people were mad they got no refund.

my sister was there today and a REALLY black cloud came. They were told by the staff that everyone had to go back to the ship. She was going to wait it out in her cabana but they told her she had to leave. The captain blew the horn three times and that usually means everyone come back so they left. That was at 1230. After they got back on board soaked and cold, the sun came out. They went to guest services to see about at least a partial refund. She is still waiting to hear what they are going to do. I will post here when I hear from her.

Both times to HMC on Carnival ships were great days ... but they were in May.

One time we had a stop scheduled in HMC on a HAL ship. It was rainy so the Captain announced it was not be an enjoyable day so we would not be stopping. Everyone clapped and cheered. :D

LuLu

When we went to HMC this summer we had a cabana. It was nice then all of a sudden from out of nowhere it got really dark and started to rain. We just sat in the cabana, played cards, and still enjoyed ourselves. It did clear up later, but we have fun no matter what happens.

Kim

A few years ago, it was pouring rain all morning. I had a clam shell so was partly sheltered. I was doing the sting ray excursion anyway and knew I was going to be totally wet, so, whatever!

By lunchtime, the sun was out and it was gorgeous (this was in early December, IFRC).

Don't worry about it. If the seas/wind are too high, you won't get your port day in paradise. Otherwise, don't worry about rain. It happens. I've stopped looking at weather forecasts for my ports because I used to get all worried about whether it might rain. Usually, even if it did, it didn't last long.

We have a cabana for Monday. I'm prepared for rain. I've packed my hat so at least it will stay out of my eyes. I'll sit in my cabana and enjoy ~ that is if we can tender :) Happy Sailing

we will also be at hmc Monday!!:) also have a cabana. see you there!

So far I am three for three, but the first time got stormy and windy and we body surfed all day. That was cool, and turns out highly unusual. BUT! Each time I have had a lovely sunny day, it has rained at least for 5 minutes , either at the beach, on the boat, or seeing it on shore from the ship. It's the Bahamas, that's what it does.

Happened to us 2 cruises ago. Was pouring in the morning so we waited til it slowed down to go ashore. It started raining again and rained all day. We sat under a shelter til it slowed then back to the ship. It was a bummer. Thank God we didn't put out the money for a cabana. A lot of people were mad they got no refund.

You think that's bad on one cruise it rained for 5 days!!!!! not showers but pouring rain. The bars on the promenade deck made a ton of money.

Gary