British Airways

Woobstr112G

Looking for someone who has flown Business and/or First Class on BA. Was curious of the differences. Getting ready to book my flights and wondering if the difference in cost is worth it? One more thing is I will be using a consolidator to purchase my tickets.....

Bob

Looking for someone who has flown Business and/or First Class on BA. Was curious of the differences. Getting ready to book my flights and wondering if the difference in cost is worth it? One more thing is I will be using a consolidator to purchase my tickets.....

Bob

Bob,

I recently flew first class on BA and it was excellent. I flew from LHR to YVR in a 747 for nine hours. I did walk back to Business class and thought that the 1st class area was much nicer. Others may think differently.:)

Yup, figured posting in both would increase my chances to get an answer. What did you think of business class?

Bob

Bob on the flight I was on there were two classes of service and no first class. I thought that business class was quite nice and there were two sections of it and sufficient flight attendants. We flew between the USA and LHR.

On our next flight they are getting a different series of aircraft so they will have first, business and economy. From booking on line and choosing seats there were just a few seats and more spread out and what I read food should be better.

Keith

Hi Bob,

Do you know which aircraft will be flying your route? The offering is somewhat different across the fleet in terms of ambience and space, with the new 2nd gen dream liners coming onstream, these will now include 8 first class seats in a brand new cabin, and are expected to be pretty impressive, 23 inch screens, 6ft 6inch fully flat beds etc.

club world is generally pretty good, though the beds are 6ft. Food in club is again pretty good,basic champagne and reasonable wines, some premium spirits, single malts etc. some people dislike the privacy screen set up, but personally I don't have an issue with it.

The level of food and drink offering does step up again in first. Baggage allowances are generous across both classes, with 3 checked and one cabin.

Scarlet