Ok to carry on??

MamaTene

Soon to sail on Independence of the Seas. As I understand, ok to bring case of pop and or water onboard. Anyone know if we can bring 12 pack of juices like orange and tomato?

Technically, any beverages other than two bottles of wine are prohibited.

However, they frequently don't enforce that rule.

Yes, I have the same question. I will be on Oasis of the Seas. I never brought any water or beverages because I thought that it's not allowed at all.

So just to confirm on the Oasis of the Seas can I can bring a cart of water/a cart of pop, a cart of small juice boxes and a cart of shelf life milk? I will be with the baby?

Please let me know.

Yes, I have the same question. I will be on Oasis of the Seas. I never brought any water or beverages because I thought that it's not allowed at all.

So just to confirm on the Oasis of the Seas can I can bring a cart of water/a cart of pop, a cart of small juice boxes and a cart of shelf life milk? I will be with the baby?

Please let me know.

Same answer as above, prohibited, but usually allowed. No guarantee.

Milk onbeard is regular while I need shelf-life that I don;t need to refrigerate when I will visit ports, plus it's organic and I don't need to worry about germs so I might end up buying milk for the entire cruise. She doesn't drink much, a gallon will be enough for the entire trip...

With water/pop I don't get it. There must be a rule, it's either allowed or not allowed. I don't want to go, pay for taxi, waste my precious time and get that water from the store, only to be told that it's not allowed.... How come 2 bottles of wines are allowed and water is not allowed??

Was there anybody here who was refused to get water/juice onboard??

Milk onbeard is regular while I need shelf-life that I don;t need to refrigerate when I will visit ports, plus it's organic and I don't need to worry about germs so I might end up buying milk for the entire cruise. She doesn't drink much, a gallon will be enough for the entire trip...

With water/pop I don't get it. There must be a rule, it's either allowed or not allowed. I don't want to go, pay for taxi, waste my precious time and get that water from the store, only to be told that it's not allowed.... How come 2 bottles of wines are allowed and water is not allowed??

The water/pop is technically not allowed. As a follow up to your other posts (different heading) regarding milk, I think you have numerous answers on that one.

You can try to bring a carton of juice/water, but it may be confiscated. Usually it's not, but no guarantee. You can buy water on board if that's what you want. Juice from concentrate is available at restaurants, just like milk, at no charge. Ship's water is fine to drink. Cooking, ice, etc. all made with ship's water.

Porters at some ports and also security checks can refuse cases of pop/liquid as per your cruise rules/contract.

... With water/pop I don't get it. There must be a rule, it's either allowed or not allowed....

The rule is it's not allowed. It may be denied, though that does not happen much. It's been denied to us a couple of times.

Haven't tried taking any drinks aboard except wine so no personal experience, but my guess would be that it would be more likely you could get the milk aboard (which is the main thing you want) without showing up with all the other stuff. That's a lot of cargo to carry on along with the baby etc.

They might overlook one item but get stubborn about 3 or 4 cases of disallowed items.

This doesn't make much sense to me. The ultra high temperature pasteurized milk they use onboard is going to be more stable at room temperature than almost any "organic" milk that I'm aware of. I hope you aren't one of those parents who confuses rice milk/soy milk for real milk. Growing babies need the proteins and amino acids, and yes fats from real milk. Powdered soy suspended in water, is not a nutritional substitute for real milk.

The rule is that it is not allowed. Period. That's the rule. Nowhere on RCCL's site or official policies is there an exception for people to bring on anything except the two bottles of wine which they do allow. As for why they allow wine, I don't know. I assume because market forces demand it in some fashion... or maybe because they think they'll get paid a corkage fee onboard, who knows?

Yes. It has happened. Hence the 'usually' allowed. Some people have literally stuck a luggage tag to the side of a case of water and had it delivered without issue, while others have had their drinks confiscated for no discernible reason. Most 'expert' cruisers report approx 70% success rates bringing drinks onboard ships, and recommend you make it as transparent as possible. The more it looks like you are trying to "sneak" something onboard, the more likely it is to get confiscated.

Edited by Diplomacy

Thanks so much all. That's very clear now to me. Will see how it goes, I will go by how I feel that particular day..... it doesn't look like it makes sense to go with all the trouble, getting taxi, going to the store, getting it and then it would potentially will be confiscated. Will bring milk and some juice boxes only for the baby then and will carry it with through carry on while boarding the ship....

Read on another thread that both are only available FREE with breakfast. If you want at any other time it is an upcharge. Don't know if with of them is included in the non alcoholic drink cards. Anyone?

Fresh squeezed OJ is included with the Replenish and Ultimate packages on all ships. Additionally, some ships have fresh juice venues with other jucies available on those packages. Squeeze on Freedom class and Vitality Cafe on Oasis class come to mind.

Edited by clarea

Read on another thread that both are only available FREE with breakfast. If you want at any other time it is an upcharge. Don't know if with of them is included in the non alcoholic drink cards. Anyone?

Not sure what you are referring to, but there is no charge for milk at any time. You may have to ask after breakfast hours, but no charge. Juice is available at breakfast (up charge for fresh squeezed). Same thing ..... Have had in MDR at lunch with no problems. Same thing with water (up charge only for bottled), but a glass of ice water available at any food/bar location.

Fresh squeezed OJ is included with the Replenish and Ultimate packages on all ships. Additionally, some ships have fresh juice venues with other jucies available on those packages. Squeeze on Freedom class and Vitality Cafe on Oasis class come to mind.

So only way to get unlimited juices is to BUY them thru Replenish and Ultimate packages.

Based on what you said, why not just get the soda (pop) package. Sounds like a lot of effort and "cash" with taxi's etc, to bother with.

The rule is no. Water is plentiful on the ship, so it's not an issue not to bring. Soda/beer/and other drinks are a revenue source and if you go to a movie house, you will encounter a sign that says no outside food or beverage allowed, but you can still sneak some in. Bring a bag of candy and a drink in your coat, or purse. It's a very common rule.

So, you are not permitted, some people do bring on and most people don't want to be bothered trying to keep soda, etc on ice, and running to their room to grab one etc.

So only way to get unlimited juices is to BUY them thru Replenish and Ultimate packages.

That only applies to fresh squeezed oj, not the minute maid stuff... which, as has been mentioned is availible, for free in the windjammer/MDR 14hrs per day.

Ships that have smoothie shops onboard do not include them in their replenish packages (I know you didn't ask this, just fyi) and most of the other bars on the ship will charge you for the not fresh squeezed stuff they have in the fridge...

Also, you don't HAVE TO buy a $22pppd package in order to even get the fresh squeezed stuff. They'll sell it to you for $2.95 per glass or something. If you choose to get the package, the replenish and the ultimate do include fresh squeezed OJ. I wouldn't get it just for that though. Get the soda package, or the beer/wine package, or whatever and just pay an extra $6 per day. You'll save money.

I should also mention at this point that RCCL does consider "sharing" your replenish package with your infant to be a breach of their rules... Like carrying on outside bevs. I am, however, absolutely certain that they will, in some fashion accommodate your child's needs regardless of what package you do or do not purchase.

Edit:

Just realized that I got you confused with Escalade Hybrid, I apologize. Just ignore the parts of my post that mention your infant, if you do not have one.

Edited by Diplomacy

That only applies to fresh squeezed oj, not the minute maid stuff... which, as has been mentioned is availible, for free in the windjammer/MDR 14hrs per day.

Ships that have smoothie shops onboard do not include them in their replenish packages (I know you didn't ask this, just fyi) and most of the other bars on the ship will charge you for the not fresh squeezed stuff they have in the fridge...

Also, you don't HAVE TO buy a $22pppd package in order to even get the fresh squeezed stuff. They'll sell it to you for $2.95 per glass or something. If you choose to get the package, the replenish and the ultimate do include fresh squeezed OJ. I wouldn't get it just for that though. Get the soda package, or the beer/wine package, or whatever and just pay an extra $6 per day. You'll save money.

I should also mention at this point that RCCL does consider "sharing" your replenish package with your infant to be a breach of their rules... Like carrying on outside bevs. I am, however, absolutely certain that they will, in some fashion accommodate your child's needs regardless of what package you do or do not purchase.

Edit:

Just realized that I got you confused with Escalade Hybrid, I apologize. Just ignore the parts of my post that mention your infant, if you do not have one.

OJ is not available in the WJ 14 hrs a day, it is available at breakfast.

As far as your other comments, you should review the information available on the cruise line's website to provide accurate information.

OJ is not available in the WJ 14 hrs a day, it is available at breakfast.

As far as your other comments, you should review the information available on the cruise line's website to provide accurate information.

If RCCL would bother to put this information on their website (and put a written copy aboard their ships), CC would be out of a job. All information provided with an asterisk that says "may vary by ship, phase of moon or grouchyness of server..."

However, In 3-5 weeks I will post a picture of myself drinking OJ in the WJ at closing... just to blow your mind.

Edited by Diplomacy

Soon to sail on Independence of the Seas. As I understand, ok to bring case of pop and or water onboard. Anyone know if we can bring 12 pack of juices like orange and tomato?

We were on the Indy in early August. My wife drinks Diet Mt dew....tough to find on a ship! We carried a 12 pack of Diet MT Dew on the ship (cans) ....put it right on top of our rolling carryon. We've done this numerous times, Indy, Quantum, Liberty.....no problems so far. Have never tried bringing on OJ or Tomato juice.

Thanks for your replies and it really helps clarify things. I don't care much about the pop, I originally thought that it's allowed as I saw people in the past while standing in the line with a carts of pop so I thought that I was missing out on that. But if it's not allowed, then I obviously will not be going to special trouble to buy it and bring it. Water is freely available as well, so yes thank you so much, I won't e bringing any water, neither pop. Maybe little boxes of juices for the baby and shelf milk in little boxes, so I can take on port days and that's it! The most on the ship I love frozen drinks!!! Yum, but it doesn't make sense to buy a package for them, I think I will be ordering as I go and I should not be going over the budget with those vs. buying the package.