Legitimately Reserving Deck Chairs

Doc2725

We are traveling on the Independence of the Seas on November 16. This will be our second RCI cruise, and we will be staying in a Junior Suite. Is there any way to pay to reserve deck chairs? I remember being on the Explorer last year, and there was a section of deck chairs that people had paid to reserve. We'd be interested in doing this, but are unsure how. Any answers to this would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

To my knowledge...no, you cannot pay to reserve a chair. The chairs on the ships that are for Gold Card Members are for those who reserved a Grand Suite (GS) or above. There is usually a section of the pool deck (or above the pool deck) where these passengers can use these chairs by showing their Gold seapass.

I've never heard of paying to reserve a deck chair. The larger ships have a suite guest area only, but I've never seen advertise a way to pay to reserve. If you saved your Explorer Cruise Compasses perhaps you can look back and see when and how much. Perhaps you misunderstood the Pool Staff when they indicated the suite guest area was for gold card holders only (suites & P's). In a sense, they paid for that area, and other perks in the form of high cruise fares.

I remember that back a year or two ago that they tried an experiment on EX where you could pay to reserve a "cabana" lol which was a chair and a table I think, and maybe an umbrella. I don't think it went anywhere and I'm glad. Someone even posted a picture at the time. So, no, outside of staying in a GS or above where you have access to the gold card area but not a guaranteed seat, there isn't anyway to reserve a seat. You can always do what we do when we want a good seat (in the shade) is go early and actually use the seat. The most we do is get up for bathroom breaks and to grab food to bring back to our seat.

Edited by BND

You cannot reserve deck chairs.....doesn't matter what kind of cabin you're in. The way to get a chair is to SIT in it....start using it early...and it's yours until you stop using it. Being IN the pool, or going to the bathroom still is "using" your lounger. There are PLENTY of chairs....

Edited by cb at sea

They were allowing people to pay to reserve them in a special area on Anthem over the summer... they didn't do it on our sailing, but I have read in other reviews they did. Probably during the peak summer times. Think it was something like $125 per day!!!!!

Welcome aboard! I am on the same cruise, b2b on the 21st as well. As others have said, deck chairs cannot be reserved...

I will be reporting LIVE both weeks of this cruise, just like I did on the Freedom in February. In case you missed it, here is the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2166756

34 more sleeps!:p

We are traveling on the Independence of the Seas on November 16. This will be our second RCI cruise, and we will be staying in a Junior Suite. Is there any way to pay to reserve deck chairs? I remember being on the Explorer last year, and there was a section of deck chairs that people had paid to reserve. We'd be interested in doing this, but are unsure how. Any answers to this would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

there is NO way to pay on any ship to reserve a deck chair. and only Grand Suites and up are eligible to use the area that is restricted/roped off.