x may cancel my cruise ??

familycruzer

If it's a jazz cruise, then it's definitely a full ship charter. And the prices will most definitely be much higher. But if you're a jazz fan, consider it; I sailed one on HAL several years ago and it was AMAZING and I'm not a huge jazz fan.

The full ship charters allow the chartering entity to decide the itinerary - they effectively own the ship for the week.

Why wouldn't they take a ship that normally sails 7 days from Fort Lauderdale?

Why would they take a 10 day from San Juan and change so many schedules?

Why wouldn't they take a ship that normally sails 7 days from Fort Lauderdale?

Why would they take a 10 day from San Juan and change so many schedules?

$$$$$. Cruise lines love charters, as they get their money all up front, and no perks to give away either and no need to market that itinerary. Gratuities all prepaid and non refundable. easy accounting, happy crew.

Or perhaps X has found those SJU sailings weren't selling as quickly at typical itineraries sell for (January is the slow period) so they went ahead and made traditional 7 day itineraries to attract people who can do a 7 day, but can't get any more time off to do 8 or more.

There is a chance that the cruise that I booked with Celebrity may be cancelled for a charter. If that does happen, would I be able to take my offer (they better offer me something) and go on a Royal Caribbean cruise instead?

There is no other Celebrity itinerary I would want in that same time frame but Quantum has a back up cruise I would take.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We aren't finding a substitute on Celebrity that floats our boat at all. There is an Azamara cruise from Miami to Miami that might work with the right incentive. Since Celebrity and Azamara share loyalty points we might have a chance. Without an incentive, we may try Seabourn. They have a Ft Lauderdale to Barbados that has unique stops.

We aren't finding a substitute on Celebrity that floats our boat at all. There is an Azamara cruise from Miami to Miami that might work with the right incentive. Since Celebrity and Azamara share loyalty points we might have a chance. Without an incentive, we may try Seabourn. They have a Ft Lauderdale to Barbados that has unique stops.

I recently had to cancel a Celebrity cruise and was told I wouldn't loose the deposit if I transferred it to another cruise. I suggested the deposit be transferred to our booked Azamara cruise, for the same reasons as you have stated as above.

I was told NO!

Edited by upwarduk

I recently had to cancel a Celebrity cruise and was told I wouldn't loose the deposit if I transferred it to another cruise. I suggested our booked Azamara cruise, for the same reasons as you have stated as above.

I was told NO!

Maybe they will be more accommodating since they are the ones canceling the cruise. If not, their loss. After our Eclipse cruise last winter, Celebrity was at the top of our list but if this cruise does get canceled, they will do some sliding down the ladder!

Something doesn't seem right. The Summit is sailing out of SJ in January so why would they sail one cruise out of ft. lauderdale? It would mess up the cruise before nd the one following as the ship old be in the wrong place. A little confused.

Something doesn't seem right. The Summit is sailing out of SJ in January so why would they sail one cruise out of ft. lauderdale? It would mess up the cruise before nd the one following as the ship old be in the wrong place. A little confused.

I think they are going to switch up the 3 cruises from San Juan. The first will be a 7 night repo to get the ship to Fort Lauderdale for the jazz cruise. Then do another repo of 14 nights to get the ship back to San Juan to continue the rest of their sailings.

Once they figure out the new itineraries they will then fess up and notify us of the change.

I think they are going to switch up the 3 cruises from San Juan. The first will be a 7 night repo to get the ship to Fort Lauderdale for the jazz cruise. Then do another repo of 14 nights to get the ship back to San Juan to continue the rest of their sailings.

Once they figure out the new itineraries they will then fess up and notify us of the change.

Are you guessing about the 14 day Florida-SAn Juan or have you heard something?

I wonder how much they will charge for that? What the dates would be? And what ports?

Edited by Can'tstopcruising

Only guessing. I have heard nothing and have come to terms with waiting for the announcement.

If they did a 14 night and offered the 10 night and 11 night ex passengers a deal they might have a good chance of appeasing more people and lure us in. Not sure I can do 14 nights but would love the chance.

There is a chance that the cruise that I booked with Celebrity may be cancelled for a charter. If that does happen, would I be able to take my offer (they better offer me something) and go on a Royal Caribbean cruise instead?

There is no other Celebrity itinerary I would want in that same time frame but Quantum has a back up cruise I would take.

I had a 15 night transatlantic booked a few or so ago. A group did a partial charter and asked for more ports. They added 3 or 4 nights, which wouldn't have cost me any more money, but it would have required about a month of vacation time, and Nov isn't a good time for my wife to be away from work for a month.

I switched to an RCL and had zero problem moving my deposit.

We are bored on this for the 31st. If the end result is the jazz cruise, followed by a shorty 3 night repo to SJ, that would be cool. Cheaper to fly to FL than PR. At least it isn't a Swedish death metal cruise.

Maybe they will be more accommodating since they are the ones canceling the cruise. If not, their loss. After our Eclipse cruise last winter, Celebrity was at the top of our list but if this cruise does get canceled, they will do some sliding down the ladder!

They will not transfer to either Azamara or RCCL. They are owned by the same parent company and the recognize position within their loyalty levels but that's as far as it goes.

They will not transfer to either Azamara or RCCL. They are owned by the same parent company and the recognize position within their loyalty levels but that's as far as it goes.

They transferred mine, that's all I'm saying. It wasn't this far out, either.

OP, wondering why you think your cruise may be chartered .

According to many posts here , a full charter would be preferable to a partial charter where there are non-charter guests . It is said to be the worst of all options . Cruise lines generally won't allow you to cancel beyond final cancellation date even if you have problems sailing with 1500 members of the American Embalmers Association . ;) If you have an issue with this , don't wait to cancel .

Ahh, those guys are just a bunch of stiffs anyway.

[quote name='familycruzer']I think they are going to switch up the 3 cruises from San Juan. The first will be a 7 night repo to get the ship to Fort Lauderdale for the jazz cruise. Then do another repo of 14 nights to get the ship back to San Juan to continue the rest of their sailings.

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/QUOTE]

When they did the convention "hotel on the ship" booking on Infinity, it did involve a major shake up of a few itins...many could not fit the new options into their schedules or home based geography... Edited by hcat