Exciting news!

lara_lox

Hi everyone,

I know I've been MIA on here for a while now so I thought it was time to check in and explain why I've been rather busy...

Coming Soon:

A FASHIONISTA WEDDING CRUISE!!!!!!!!!

Yup, your long time solo blogger is getting married and where else but on a ship?! And although we are still waiting on the impending visa before we can finalise plans, it is looking highly likely I will be returning to the beautifully classic Norwegian Spirit.

So not only will you get my usual rants and ramblings, there will be my take on the suite life, a cruise wedding and travelling with a large group! It will be a very different experience for me indeed, but I am very much looking forward to returning to my old favourite, NCL :D

Congrats!

But you have a lot of work to do to catch up with all the changes that have happened with NCL recently. ;)

Hmmmmm, do go on.... I've noticed a few of your posts since I've been back and researching so I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

Due to a number of reasons, including coming down to M and I wanting our wedding day being as least stressful as possible, we have only two options; the Carnival Sunshine, where we met, and the Norwegian Spirit. Due to this being our wedding and honeymoon, we wanted the luxury experience of a suite. On Carnival, suites are just bigger rooms, how very disappointing. I'm fully aware the suite perks on NCL may have dropped somewhat, but they are still proper suites with a few benefits, so that is our reasoning.

Any options are very welcome.

Congratulations!

So who is switching sides of the ocean?

And I don't think the suite benefits have changed much, but some other changes have been made. I'm sure you'll enjoy it no matter what!

Meeeeeeeeee! I will be bringing my oh so English little self to America. But that is a whole other non-cruise related story.

And as anyone who ever read my reviews before knows, I ALWAYS enjoy my cruises :D I believe life is too short not to, who knows when your time will come? Don't ever settle, but also don't sweat the small stuff. After all, it worked out very well indeed for me :)

Brilliant news! Congratulations to you and M, so pleased you found happiness - and the Spirit is my fave ship and a brilliant place to get married and honeymoon on :)

Good luck, and can't wait to see the dress! :D

P.s. I think you should have TWO dresses - one for saying "I Do" and one for dancing to the Cha Cha Slide in :D

Xxx

Hmmmmm, do go on...

I'd say that the biggest changes most likely affecting you are:

- Most speciality restaurants going a la carte instead of fixed cover charges.

- DSC raised twice this year (also now higher rate for suites) and not covering speciality dining staff anymore.

- Ship sponsored excursion prices were raised significantly.

- The possible bar price hike to come (already raised significantly in March).

NB! Pure speculation! Read on:

NCL just raised the price of the UBP (to $64pppd) to be on level with RCL/Celebrity premium drink package but offering much less (no bottled water, speciality coffees, smoothies), with the exception that the individual drink price limit is now the highest, $15.

As there are only a handful of non-wine drinks that weren't already included in the old limit of $11, IMO this either implies that they are going to raise the bar prices even more at some point in the future or think that they can get away with anything as they "recognize the power of the captive audience that you have" (actual quote from the new head honcho).

---

But all in all, even with all the changes that have driven many previously loyal NCL customers away, the suites on NCL still provide very good value compared to other cruise lines, so I'm sure that you'll have an amazing wedding/honeymoon cruise on Spirit. :)

P.S. Unfortunately I had missed those last few reviews on Carnival board (as I don't visit there) until somewhat recently, but glad to see that my gaydar wasn't broken - yippee! ;) ;) :D

Hmmmmm, do go on.... I've noticed a few of your posts since I've been back and researching so I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

Due to a number of reasons, including coming down to M and I wanting our wedding day being as least stressful as possible, we have only two options; the Carnival Sunshine, where we met, and the Norwegian Spirit. Due to this being our wedding and honeymoon, we wanted the luxury experience of a suite. On Carnival, suites are just bigger rooms, how very disappointing. I'm fully aware the suite perks on NCL may have dropped somewhat, but they are still proper suites with a few benefits, so that is our reasoning.

Any options are very welcome.

NCL suites are still a wonderful experience. Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!

Congratulations. When are you going? We are going in a suite mid-Dec. 2015 so not sure if you had any questions about the Spirit.

It will hopefully be around March next year. I've sailed on the Spirit before so know about the ship itself, though that was in Dec 2013. So I would love to hear your thoughts and see some pictures of the suite :D

It will hopefully be around March next year. I've sailed on the Spirit before so know about the ship itself, though that was in Dec 2013. So I would love to hear your thoughts and see some pictures of the suite :D

No problem. Which one do you have in case I get any opportunity to snap some pictures?

Oh, and I read your previous reviews (at least any posted on the NCL board) and they were great.

Congratulations Lara and M! I am so happy for you and I so look forward to reading about your wedding escapades aboard the Spirit - and a suite no less! Good job! We will be on the Spirit in February so will happily provide any information that we can but I figure by then you will have everything planned out. But if not, you only have to ask.

Congratulations - wishing you both much happiness!

Jai

Hi everyone,

I know I've been MIA on here for a while now so I thought it was time to check in and explain why I've been rather busy...

Coming Soon:

A FASHIONISTA WEDDING CRUISE!!!!!!!!!

Yup, your long time solo blogger is getting married and where else but on a ship?! And although we are still waiting on the impending visa before we can finalise plans, it is looking highly likely I will be returning to the beautifully classic Norwegian Spirit.

So not only will you get my usual rants and ramblings, there will be my take on the suite life, a cruise wedding and travelling with a large group! It will be a very different experience for me indeed, but I am very much looking forward to returning to my old favourite, NCL :D

Congrats Sara!!!! Have a wonderful day and trip.