Qsine, what type of food?

wendyatpml

Tapas describes it well. You choose a range of items shown on an iPad. You then choose a selection to share. Many are presented in a novel way like sushi lollipops!

We find it better going as a group than a couple. It can be a livelier restaurant at times, not a negative, just an observation. I am glad I have tried Q'Sine but would never want to visit more than once per cruise whereas we usually visit Tuscan and Murano's a couple of times on a longer cruise.

Have a great time!

We agree with above. We tried Qsine once and will probably not go back unless we are with a large group. too much food for two people as you want to try everything. The food, in our opinion, was good, not great. It is more for the novelty, presentation and choices. We would definitely chose Tuscan Grill over Qsine for future cruises. Again, food is very subjective, but for what it is worth, that is our opinion. Enjoy your cruise

QSine is a very fun tapas experience if you have never done it before. The food is presented in unique combinations. We booked last cruise on embarkation night around the time of the drill. We started our dinner before the drill, had a little break for the drill, and returned to our same table and completed the meal. It made it really great for all that food. It's really quite delicious!

Novelty and creativity are key here. The food quality does not measure up to the other specialty restaurants in my opinion. The presentation is really fun and worth to try it once. Preferably with a good sized group.

Qsine is one of those love it or hate it kind of places (we love it). As has been said, the various offerings are tapas or small plate size. The menu is on iPads and there are dozens of items (more then one could possibly eat) served in very innovative ways. There is no limit on how many dishes you can order..or you could order a few and later decide you want to add more. There is something for everyone and we have found Qsine to be a lot of fun with small groups, although we have also enjoyed doing it by ourselves.

Hank

Here is the current menu. We do enjoy it, even if it's just the two of us. Remember you don't have to finish what they bring if you want to make it through a bunch of courses.
Right! The key is to be selective and eat only the things you really enjoy, not fill up on all the other things they bring out just because they are right there in front of you.

You order off an IPAD.....all the foods listed on that current menu are

under different categories on the IPAD....You can get a better idea of

all the foods by reading about them at your table;).....they will have

a detailed explanation.

I agree with some of the previous posters.....most people either

LOVE IT or HATE IT......there is not usually an between when it comes

to Qsine.....some folks think it is totally stupid and corny while others

find it a very fun evening. It comes under "Different Strokes

for Different Folks"............:D

• 3 weeks later...

server told us portions were bigger than tapas. She was right. we ordered 7 samples that was plenty. then she came out with a wooden frame with 9 more samples on it. This is with meal automatically comes with it.

The suggestion to go with a group is right on.

We've been several times and would opt for Tuscan Grill in a heartbeat.

One thing about Qsine: you can order something but rather than waste food you can ask them to bring ONE spring roll for the two of you. Not two spring rolls. If you say nothing you'll each get one of each variety. We literally split one between us and then move on to the next thing.

Order ONE meatball to split. Order ONE filet (they're small appetizer size). Etc. Etc. That way you can try more things. But to order the full amount and then just leave it is really wasteful.

I'd go to Tuscan and then get a group from your roll call and go as a group to Qsine.

If you go to Qsine, the secret dessert and the tombstone are the best. FYI.

Please explain what a "tapas experience" is for those who have never experienced it.

Thanks,

SBtS

Hi, Tapas is something that is served quite often around Europe...small

plates of different items. It is snacks or appetizer sized portions but

it is the main meal. But rather than a "large plate with an entree, veggie,

and starch"....it is small plates of different items. I believe they originally

started in Spain......here is some information about it from our friends

and Wykepedia;)....it is no longer just in Spain now.....it is all over the

place.

"Tapas are a wide variety of appetizers, or snacks, in Spanish cuisine. They may be cold or hot. In select bars in Spain, tapas have evolved into an entire, sophisticated cuisine".

Edited by Lois R

Trendy, clever, gimmicky, novelty experience. We went on Eclipse when it was first introduced. Our little group relied on the waiter to make suggestions since there were many choices and the iPad was hard to decipher (at least early on, maybe simpler now.) We felt we had to eat all of what he brought first, rather than waste food, so filled up quickly. Smaller samples of many items would have been much better. Maybe it has evolved in that direction.

I think I would have enjoyed Tuscan Grill more that time. I'm positive I would have felt we had more bang for the buck at Murano.

The posted menu and helpful suggestion here on this thread would go a long way toward preparing a passenger to understand the options. Maybe we'll try it again.

Re" the "Tapas" question..we are now seeing a trend in the USA often called "small plate." This is similar to Qsine where we find many of the servings a little larger then the traditional Tapas we enjoy in Spain. Qsine is a very unique experience which seems to be why it fits into our "love it or hate it" scenario. DW and I love it because it is totally different then dining in a more traditional setting such as Murano or the Tuscan. If one is hung up on traditional dining then Qsine should probably be avoided. But if you sometimes want to think of dining as an adventure, like to try lots of different dishes, and want to think of dinner as a place to have fun....then Qsine is a great choice. When DW and I go to Qsine we might have 7-10 different dishes...some of which we really like and others that we would not order again. But that is all part of the fun and its a great place to try things you would normally not order in a regular restaurant. Since the plates are relatively small, it is not a big deal to order something to try....even if you have doubts.

Hank

It was a novelty a few years ago when iPads were something novel. Now, it just seems silly to put your food order in on a tablet.

My very favorite item is called Lava Crab. It is a large round crabcake that is deep fried.

Even though the portions are small, you WILL overeat. Presentation of the food is over the top!

Qsine is a "must try" once for sure. You may not go back but definitely worth the upcost one time.

We did Qsine twice on our recent Millennium cruise and loved it.

The menu has food from all over the World, Mediterranean, Chinese, Indian, Persian, and more.

Biggest problem is that you can't eat it all. We tried and this is one drawback to eating there.

Still, it is a unique dining experience. We loved it.

I'm hearing about the Tuscan Grill but nothing about Qsine. We have a gift of a Specialty Restaurant dinner and not sure where we will go. Please tell me about Qsine.

Qsine, our one of a kind restaurant featuring a "uniquely unordinary" approach to dining. At Qsine, we strive to awaken your palate through a modern and playful offering of familiar and memorable dishes from around the world.