New to Princess/Questions

ZSandy25

Getting ready to head out tomorrow for our cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We have a balcony cabin, category code BA. Feel a little behind the eight ball right now but life does that some time. Should have asked these questions sooner....but I was having a good time with life:):)

Is there a small cooler/ice box in the cabin?

Also, outlets in the cabin. Where are they located?

I am attached to my own hair dryer,;) is there an outlet in the bathroom that I will be able to use?

Should I bring a power strip? I will need to power my back up battery for camera, I-Pad and Kindle..yes, I addicted:)

Thanks for your input,

Getting ready to head out tomorrow for our cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We have a balcony cabin, category code BA. Feel a little behind the eight ball right now but life does that some time. Should have asked these questions sooner....but I was having a good time with life:):)

I am attached to my own hair dryer,;) is there an outlet in the bathroom that I will be able to use?

Should I bring a power strip? I will need to power my back up battery for camera, I-Pad and Kindle..yes, I addicted:)

Thanks for your input,

There is a small refrigerator. Performance varies.

There will be a couple of outlets in the cabin. They will be on the "desk".

Bring a power strip but not one that is "surge protected"

The outlet in the bathroom is not rated for a hair dryer. It works for an electric shaver or a nightlight but isn't made for something that draws as much "juice" as a hair dryer.

Edited by Thrak

See my responses in red below...

Tom

Yes, there is a cooler. It isn't all that cool though and barely keeps water cool. You can also ask for ice.

Outlets are by the desk and makeup table. We usually bring a very small extension cord to give us easier plug in.

The bathroom power is not good enough for a hair dryer. It will run a shaver. The makeup table can run a hair dryer easily.

We always do. They don't weigh much and are very handy. If you do too big of a strip they may confiscate it. This kind of thing is handy. http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Portable-Protector-TRAVELER3USB/dp/B002KEA9RS/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1445292587&sr=8-10&keywords=travel+power+strip

Thanks for your input,

Most electronic devices use a USB cord that plugs into a receptacle that plugs into the socket. I bring an adapter with four USB ports. Much easier, lighter and convenient than brining a power strip.

Edited by Pam in CA

You are right. Just remember to have one with 2.1A for an iPad or if it charges at all it will be really slow. Most of them have at least 1 2.1A port that marked with an A and, sometimes, others marked NA (or with the actual amps).

Tom

Most electronic devices use a USB cord that plugs into a receptacle that plugs into the socket. I bring an adapter with four USB ports. Much easier, lighter and convenient than brining a power strip.

FitBit is USB charged as well. I love my adapter. I never travel without it.

On our last cruise the refrigerator was not cooling for beans. After a couple of days it occurred to me to see what number the coolness regulator was set on. Turns out it was set to the least cool setting that it could be set on. I cranked it down a couple of notches (not all the way to the coldest setting btw). And, what do you know? Everything we put in the refrigerator was suddenly nice and cold for the remainder of the cruise.:cool:

See my responses in red below...

Tom

"Should I bring a power strip? I will need to power my back up battery for camera, I-Pad and Kindle..yes, I addicted

We always do. They don't weigh much and are very handy. If you do too big of a strip they may confiscate it. This kind of thing is handy. http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Por...el+power+strip"

This above power strip is surge protected - a fire hazard and not allowed on cruise ships. :mad:

Power outlet is so small that you can't plug two charger transformers into it, so you need something to get the outlets farther apart. We use a Y with only two outlets.

One trick with the fridge - there may be vents on the back blocked by the curtain, so move the curtain away from them. Plus open the cabinet door at night so the fridge gets even more circulation.

Power outlet is so small that you can't plug two charger transformers into it, so you need something to get the outlets farther apart. We use a Y with only two outlets.

One trick with the fridge - there may be vents on the back blocked by the curtain, so move the curtain away from them. Plus open the cabinet door at night so the fridge gets even more circulation.

Cabinet door is attached to the fridge door. Open one you open the other. :(

On our last cruise the refrigerator was not cooling for beans. After a couple of days it occurred to me to see what number the coolness regulator was set on. Turns out it was set to the least cool setting that it could be set on. I cranked it down a couple of notches (not all the way to the coldest setting btw). And, what do you know? Everything we put in the refrigerator was suddenly nice and cold for the remainder of the cruise.:cool:

One ship (Grand?) the fridge was iced over. Once it defrosted it worked fine.

MGnut, what kind of power strip isn't surge protected????

Just use a multi port. Couple of dollars at Target.

I don't know why people don't do this! I always check the settings and never had a problem with things getting cold.

The fridge door is attached to the cabinet door so you can't leave it open.

Hairdryer is attached to the wall next at the desk in inside cabins. You cant move it. I have fine hair and it worked fine on hot.

Refrigerator was in a cabinet with a separate door. Ice bucket was in the fridge and ice stayed solid.

27926-profile.png

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar free ice creams), lobster, and Creme brulee!

Bring a power strip but not one that is "surge protected"QUOTE]

Hi Thrak.

What?

I think I may have seen my answer after posting this.. so a regular power strip ($1.99) at Target is good. Super Fancy, knock your socks off power strip... bad.

Edited by WISH84
found answer