Grand Princess is in downtown LA

ccruisequeen

Well actually Grand Princess is at the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro. Clearly seen on the webcam. Pretty big ship for you natives not to keep track of.

ETA: well if other posters confirm she is in Long Beach maybe she is. The San Pedro webcam definitely shows a Princess ship there right now. But the website with the port calendars for both have no cruise ships in either today.

Edited by fishywood

Thanks for the picture. Worth a thousand words as they say (or an infinite number of my useless posts).

So the webcam I linked to which best I can tell claims to be San Pedro is actually showing Long Beach. I surrender.

I think this has happened before. If the ship starts in San Francisco and visits Los Angeles they do dock in Long Beach. The attached webcan is San Pedro. No ship today.

http://www.lawaterfront.org/multimedia.php

Edited by waltd

Well actually Grand Princess is at the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro. Clearly seen on the webcam. Pretty big ship for you natives not to keep track of.

ETA: well if other posters confirm she is in Long Beach maybe she is. The San Pedro webcam definitely shows a Princess ship there right now. But the website with the port calendars for both have no cruise ships in either today.

It took me a bit of Princess decoding to figure this one out too. We're on a Coastal next year R/T San Francisco and it says it stops in "Los Angeles (Long Beach) California". I figured they meant San Pedro but they don't.

It appears on coastals they stop in Long Beach, yes actual Long Beach, where Carnival docks. They use San Pedro for embarkation and disembarkation but not port stops. It actually makes sense. There is nothing at all at San Pedro but Long Beach would be an easy walk downtown.

It took me a bit of Princess decoding to figure this one out too. We're on a Coastal next year R/T San Francisco and it says it stops in "Los Angeles (Long Beach) California". I figured they meant San Pedro but they don't.

It appears on coastals they stop in Long Beach, yes actual Long Beach, where Carnival docks. They use San Pedro for embarkation and disembarkation but not port stops. It actually makes sense. There is nothing at all at San Pedro but Long Beach would be an easy walk downtown.

And Long Beach has the free Passport bus to take pax around.

Less then 2 miles to walk to downtown. For some it might be easy.

Thanks Dchip for the cool photo….as we will be doing a B2B on the Grand next month ,we have been following and enjoying your other posts as well ..

continue to have a safe cruise...

There is nothing at all at San Pedro but Long Beach would be an easy walk downtown.

Lived there 3 years and I can tell you there is a very good In-n-Out burger joint there on Western Ave. And Sushi 21 ($21 for all you can eat) is terrific! But no, not much else other than Fort MacArthur, which is very nice. Plus a high-speed boat ride to Catalina Island should be worth considering!

There is nothing at all at San Pedro but Long Beach would be an easy walk downtown.

I think both the Battleship Iowa the Los Angeles Maritime Museum would take offense at being called "nothing".

That said, there's not much else at the San Pedro port.

Okay...

It's only about 27 miles straight up the Los Angeles River from Long Beach to Downtown LA...

Absolutely no problem (see links below)

http://www.laweekly.com/news/the-los-angeles-river-is-a-navigable-waterway-indeed-according-to-the-epa-2392122

http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2010/07/09/09greenwire-epa-declares-la-river-navigable-stretches-regu-42022.html

I am now looking for a cruise for 2016 that has Downtown LA in the itinerary...