Price Dropped!!!!

Months ago I booked a 7 day Western Caribbean on the Emerald Princess for March 2016. I was mentioning it today to a friend of mine who was considering flying out from Georgia to Los Angeles to visit me. I told her she should consider the cruise as it would not require her and her 2 daughters to fly, and she would get much more (7 days 4 ports ) for about the same price as one weekend for 3 flying from GA to Los Angeles. Plus since she is former military she might also get a discount on the cruise.

As, I was telling her this; I went on to the Princess web site and was surprised to find that the price was now lower.

I called Princess and was placed on hold or a few minutes and the Rep. said yes, the price has been lowered, and she proceeded to adjust my booking taking $200.00 off my total AND giving me $50.00 OBC.

Thanks to cruise critic I would have never thought to check for a lower rate once booked, and would have never had the nerve to called and inquire about a price adjustment. Please note I did not have to cancel and re-book, instead the Rep. adjusted the price for me and gave me the current promotional credit.

I am one happy cruiser!!!

It is, it is definitely worth one's time to monitor the fares for a booked cruise right up to the time of final payment, especially if booked with Princess. Also, if one books air travel to and/or from the cruise port city thru Princess, monitor those fares too, right up to 45 days before the beginning of the cruise.

For a 30 day cruise in the Spring, the fares went down significantly a few months ago. I called Princess immediately, and was able to save us $1200 APIECE!!, plus got free gratuities and a free dinner in one of the alternative restaurants onboard. All it took was a quick phone call to Princess, since I book directly with Princess.

For our post-cruise flights home from London, those fares were also reduced, and we are each saving $200!! I was able to cancel and rebook in the Princess website, and we are on the exact same flights with the same airline, and got our same seats back too.

Edited by flamomo

And Princess also gives a stockholder credit (as do other lines) for anyone owning 100 shares of CCL (the investment that just keeps on paying if you keep on cruising). Regarding price drops, we have offered this advice for many years regardless of whether you book direct with a cruise line or through a cruise/travel agency. Check the price of the cruise every week (best done on Tues or Wed). This only takes a few seconds and can pay big dividends.

Hank

Good for you. I've never gotten a price drip. Enjoy your trip!

Now that is interesting. We have been on somewhere near 100 cruises (lost count many years ago) and would estimate that we have obtained price drops (some totally thousands of dollars on a single cruise) on more then half of our bookings. As we previously posted, most price drops do not come to cruisers. The cruisers need to be doing their homework (at least weekly) and checking pricing as well as promotions. We think the worst place to do this is directly with the cruise line as most reputable cruise agencies offer amenities (OBCs, promotions, group rates, pre-paid gratuities, etc) not available directly from cruise lines.

Hank:eek: