Princess Cruises to Launch 'Style at Sea with TLC' Program, Expand Enrichment

LauraS

I saw Runway at Sea on the Crown Princess. It was poorly promoted, and the models they chose were extremely awkward. I would like to know when and how they chose the models so I can get involved.

27926-profile.png

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar free ice creams), lobster, and Creme brulee!

Hi All

For me, Princess thinking is still wide of the mark,

they keep trying to offer more with out any substance

or any committed investment.

The Curtis Stone is the correct way to go, invest in the ships and try something new, will wait and see if they picked the right person to front this,

Passengers trying on clothes, videos on packing, the Effy tv channel does not do it for me.

I want Princess to offer me something that others do not offer.

yours Shogun

Hi icat2000

Since I just got of a TA, it would have been nice to have a guest lecturer onboard,

may be a retired Captain of tells of the sea

or

historian on the history of cruise ships, the old liners, White Star Line etc

or

someone explaining the oceans sea life,

or

maybe something different

a talk about ship salvage from the guys that go after the old gold etc from the bottom of the ocean,

or

may be the building of a cruise ship

I could go on, but I think you get the idea

as for things to do, not looking for a lot

but how about classes on get the most out of android, cloud computing would even be happy with a class on playing better chess.

with the interest in cooking why not cooking classes

yours Shogun

Hi icat2000

Since I just got of a TA, it would have been nice to have a guest lecturer onboard,

or

or

or

a talk about ship salvage from the guys that go after the old gold etc from the bottom of the ocean,

or

but how about classes on get the most out of android, cloud computing would even be happy with a class on playing better chess.

yours Shogun

All excellent suggestions. You should email it to Princess as opportunities to enchance the cruising experience.

I saw Runway at Sea on the Crown Princess. It was poorly promoted, and the models they chose were extremely awkward. I would like to know when and how they chose the models so I can get involved.

They have been doing the Runway at Sea thing for years and it's never a big deal. I know someone who modeled once. She said somebody just came up and asked her if she wanted to do it. She was quite attractive, BTW. This new thing says the idea will be "revamped," so I doubt it will be done as the current fashion show is. I can envision lots of people finding this appealing since it is hooked up with TLC. Anything on TV is a draw, apparently.

They have been doing the Runway at Sea thing for years and it's never a big deal. I know someone who modeled once. She said somebody just came up and asked her if she wanted to do it. She was quite attractive, BTW. This new thing says the idea will be "revamped," so I doubt it will be done as the current fashion show is. I can envision lots of people finding this appealing since it is hooked up with TLC. Anything on TV is a draw, apparently.

Maybe ...

That conclusion would probably be correct if the onboard demographic mirrored the "on the street" demographic, but with the average age on any cruise over 7 days approaching 60, I find it hard to believe that on a average cruise with 50% passengers being male, and a large percentage of the remaining female passengers being 60+ that any fashion type reality show knock off will ever be a huge draw. Additionally the fact the previous fashion show's where little more than a thinly vailed onboard marketing ploy's makes me have little faith that this "revamped" effort will any more substance then the original versions

But who know's, after Honey Boo Boo anythings possible :):D:)

Srpilo

I just read the write-up about it. I do like Stacey and enjoy watching "What Not To Wear" but I think Princess could have save a bundle and just have everyone read the posts here on CC. You want to know if your dress is okay for Formal Night....there are postings here on CC for that. You want to know how to pack your suitcase and have wrinkle free clothing....there are postings for that. And so on and so forth. That might have been a better idea for Carnival as they have the younger demographics. Not that that 60ish+ people are not stylish....I am 62....but I think by now we know what we like to bring on a cruise and how to wear it lol. As Shogun stated in an above post....I to would like to hear more speakers maybe pertaining to the area I was cruising to or computer classes, or cooking classes, etc. Just my opinion lol.

So somebody thinks over 60 ladies are frumpy old hags who don't care about fashion? :p I know this is hard to understand, but some people do like the things you personally don't care about. :rolleyes: We'll see how this plays out, but I expect it to be a modest success, at least.

Back in the day they used to have passengers model clothing from their shops during tea time. Tea used to be served in a lounge and they had a runway set up in the middle of the room. We didn't take it very seriously though, as we knew one of the models and he was cracking us up!!

How many others remember this?

Hi icat2000

or

or

or

yours Shogun

Great ideas! On a recent Hawaii cruise, there was a speaker who gave six lectures about maritime topics, and those were wonderful.

I guess some folks will like it but I can't imagine either my wife or myself having any interest in this at all.

I agree! What a bore! Snooze.

Maybe it will take some people off of the promenade deck, leaving me more room. Or possibly it will get some out of my way in the buffet line:). :). :).

I agree! What a bore! Snooze.

Maybe it will take some people off of the promenade deck' date=' leaving me more room. Or possibly it will get some out of my way in the buffet line:). :). :).[/quote']

All of you male types (I assume) might change your tune if the fashion show is done by professional models in bikinis. :p Again, there is that impossibly difficult to understand concept that some people like one thing and some people like something else. :rolleyes:

All of you male types (I assume) might change your tune if the fashion show is done by professional models in bikinis. :p Again, there is that impossibly difficult to understand concept that some people like one thing and some people like something else. :rolleyes:

Yes, I am male. However, my wife thought this sounded horrible. As for professional models in bikinis - nope. Wouldn't attend that either. :rolleyes:

The mistake I tend to see across the various cruise lines we have been on is they almost all try to come up with large audience events crammed into a small venue. This includes the ice and fruit carving which are often so well attended that you need a pair of binoculars to see what is going on. Instead they need to repeat these sort of things to smaller crowds, and have other daytime entertainment particularly on sea days, many people are foodies these days, so perhaps food prep demonstrations in horizon court during the afternoon "closed" hours with bite size samples. I for one would love to see an afternoon sampler in Horizon court with foods from the various home countries of the galley staff. Much the same can be done in other entertainment venues, there is no reason they could not do a light and cheerful afternoon name that tune in the piano bar, or even a trivia game...

Hi icat2000

or

or

or

or

yours Shogun

Steve,

What? You didn't enjoy the lecturer talking about how to get ahead in the corporate world, how to present yourself to colleagues and bosses, when and how to fire people, or how to better organize your workday to a theater of retired people?..........Neither did I, and so I abandoned his ship after the first day. I agree with you. Someone at Princess Santa Clarita should be swinging from the yardarm over that selection. I like your suggestions. Lecturers like the late John Maxwell-Graham were informative, entertaining and packed the house.

The Curtis Stone is the correct way to go, invest in the ships and try something new, will wait and see if they picked the right person to front this,

I like Curtis Stone and some of his recipes but am not impressed with the menu or concept of how they are implementing it on Princess. If it doesn't work, maybe they can switch it up and use a different menu and not family style.

This project runway sounds silly.

So somebody thinks over 60 ladies are frumpy old hags who don't care about fashion? :p I know this is hard to understand, but some people do like the things you personally don't care about. :rolleyes: We'll see how this plays out, but I expect it to be a modest success, at least.

LOL... Wow don't take it so personal .. Who said ANYTHING about hags and frumpy old women ??? LOL..Geezz :)

Take Deep Breaths

Srpilo