Allure - is there a "bad" JS??

MikeBTN

Maybe a silly question. Currently booked in a D5. Cost to upgrade to JS Guarantee (Cat. W) less than $200 pp. Seriously considering. Is there a "bad" JS cabin to be concerned about? Would hate to move from one we know will be great to one that isn't.....

Maybe a silly question. Currently booked in a D5. Cost to upgrade to JS Guarantee (Cat. W) less than $200 pp. Seriously considering. Is there a "bad" JS cabin to be concerned about? Would hate to move from one we know will be great to one that isn't.....

I cannot think of a bad JS location on Oasis class. I'd jump on the upgrade.

Just be careful as to what's above you. I was upgraded to a JS on Brilliance that was right below the Windjammer. All well and good until 4:30 am when they started moving chairs around! Luckily I can sleep through anything.

Elvis

No there is not

When are you sailing? I just checked, at least on the website, and there is no suite guarantee offered for my Oasis sailing. For $400 I would upgrade.

• 1 month later...

I don't know that there's such a thing as a "terrible" location - you're on a gorgeous ship :-)

Positives: Quiet - You have almost no traffic. Gangway - depending on the port you'll be on the gangway floor or one away and don't have to mess with the elevators. Elevators/Stairs - close to the forward elevator/stair banks. Movement - low floor typically means less feel of the movement (although this ship doesn't move much!)

Negatives: Farthest away from the "outside" decks, pool, and Windjammer. Elevators - because you're on the bottom floor you'll have to wait a little longer for elevators than if you were on a middle floor. I'm also not a huge fan of having public areas directly above or below. You're directly below Jazz on 4 and the comedy club, so may experience some noise from above.

Depends what is important to you. I personally would move to 8, but that's solely so I wouldn't have any public spaces above or below me.

• 6 months later...