Curtis Stone restaurant to replace Sabatini's

KruzPrincess

Not trilled with this at all. Much prefered Sabatini's over the steak place. I do a better steak than they do but I don't do Italian. Loved the breakfast in Sabatini's. Might be enough to convince us to change cruise lines.:(

Edited by RocketMan275

Not trilled with this at all. Much prefered Sabatini's over the steak place. I do a better steak than they do but I don't do Italian. Loved the breakfast in Sabatini's. Might be enough to convince us to change cruise lines.:(

What cruise line would be comparable, with a good Italian specialty restaurant?

I heard that the Crown is going into drydock after the current 28 days cruise. I heard they were going to redo the theatre, maybe they will also convert Sabitini's too

27926-profile.png

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar free ice creams), lobster, and Creme brulee!

I heard that the Crown is going into drydock after the current 28 days cruise. I heard they were going to redo the theatre, maybe they will also convert Sabitini's too
There is no opening in her schedule after her current 28 day cruise that returns on November 14th. She is not on the current SHARE timeline.

Where did you hear that, please?

Discussion with some people who were on a 7-day prior to the one I was on, they were doing a b2b then on the 28 day on the Crown

27926-profile.png

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar free ice creams), lobster, and Creme brulee!

Discussion with some people who were on a 7-day prior to the one I was on, they were doing a b2b then on the 28 day on the Crown

The Crown was in drydock in Victoria in the spring so this sounds odd. Does anyone here have news on another drydock in November for the Crown?

What cruise line would be comparable' date=' with a good Italian specialty restaurant?[/quote']

I do not know but we have RCI and Celebrity booked. We also have Regal booked for 2017 so I guess we'll have a chance to sample Share. I can see where large groups and families could enjoy Share but I'm not into sharing dishes with strangers. This could be a noro outbreak waiting to happen.

I certainly they preserve the suites breakfast. That was outstanding.

The Crown was in drydock in Victoria in the spring so this sounds odd. Does anyone here have news on another drydock in November for the Crown?
There is no opening on the Crown's schedule for a drydock. The Ruby's schedule was changed to have her sail from LA up to Vancouver in December for the addition of SHARE. Princess does not do drydock work in the U.S. The Emerald will go to the Bahamas for the addition of SHARE. There is currently no open slots at the start or end of the 2016 Alaska season which would be the most likely location and timing.

There is no opening on the Crown's schedule for a drydock. The Ruby's schedule was changed to have her sail from LA up to Vancouver in December for the addition of SHARE. Princess does not do drydock work in the U.S. The Emerald will go to the Bahamas for the addition of SHARE. There is currently no open slots at the start or end of the 2016 Alaska season which would be the most likely location and timing.

Thanks for verifying what I thought. I would be bummed to have missed our cruise on the Crown next month ;)

Passengers don't know what goes on in the head office, as a rule. Neither do crew members. I've been told all kinds of stuff about a ship by both while on a cruise. Last time, several people (on a tender) told me the Crown was built in 1990 and that they had had that information confirmed by a waiter. :rolleyes:

The Crown's last dry dock was in November of 2011. So it seems it will not be due for a while.

Incorrect, the Crown was drydocked Spring 2015 in Victoria, BC before the start of the Alaska season.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2203516&highlight=crown+drydock

Edited by sanmarcosman

The SHARE name/concept is similar to going to a Tapas restaurant where all the items are small plates. Just like the other specialty restaurants there will be a reservation and you'll sit with whomever in your party. I'm sure there will be tables for two.

So glad sabatinis is out. Hardly anyone in there on my last cruise and the food was very mediocre.

What cruise line would be comparable' date=' with a good Italian specialty restaurant?[/quote']

The Carnival Breeze and Magic are lovely ships with good service and entertainment, and I like their Cucina del Capitano better than Sabatini's.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I welcome change and differences especially around the Princess fleet to try something new. Not just the same cookie cutter "steak place" or "Italian" place on every ship. From some of the belly aching for something that has not even been tried or open seems to me like maybe it's time to check into Holland America. There are tables for two, and if you are worried about Noro so much, don't go to the buffet as that serving spoon is the most touched item on the ship. And worrying about suite breakfast, what indication has Princess given that it will change, not sure I would worry just to worry. This concept I'm sure is to keep up with new concept restaurants in the industry and attract a younger demographic which Princess has to do to survive. All industries need to market to the Millineals. I say bring on change and variety between ships! This place sound like a fun evening.

Edited by MrMan

I welcome change and differences especially around the Princess fleet to try something new. Not just the same cookie cutter "steak place" or "Italian" place on every ship. From some of the belly aching for something that has not even been tried or open seems to me like maybe it's time to check into Holland America. There are tables for two, and if you are worried about Noro so much, don't go to the buffet as that serving spoon is the most touched item on the ship. And worrying about suite breakfast, what indication has Princess given that it will change, not sure I would worry just to worry. This concept I'm sure is to keep up with new concept restaurants in the industry and attract a younger demographic which Princess has to do to survive. All industries need to market to the Millineals. I say bring on change and variety between ships! This place sound like a fun evening.

I certainly see how this concept would appeal to some. This concept would be attractive to anyone who is travelling with a group or who would like to join a group for a "fun evening". Just doesn't appeal to us but then we're not all that thrilled with meeting a bunch of strangers for dinner in the MDR either.

And, yes, I know there will be tables for two but this concept would work much better for a larger table size.

Not sure if I should post this as I cannot remember/find where I read it - but I do believe it was here on CC somewhere (and I've since re-posted it on my roll call) -

"" You 'share' a large table with others, and you 'share' your food choices w/your partner. i.e. a couple will order 3 courses each (to share with each other), then dessert. "

If this is accurate it would mean sharing with strangers is strictly optional.

If sharing only with your partner, that can easily be done in the MDR anyway.

For that scenario the sharing wouldn't necessarily be the draw, but rather the menu choices.

Not sure if I should post this as I cannot remember/find where I read it - but I do believe it was here on CC somewhere (and I've since re-posted it on my roll call) -

"" You 'share' a large table with others, and you 'share' your food choices w/your partner. i.e. a couple will order 3 courses each (to share with each other), then dessert. "

If this is accurate it would mean sharing with strangers is strictly optional.

If sharing only with your partner, that can easily be done in the MDR anyway.

For that scenario the sharing wouldn't necessarily be the draw, but rather the menu choices.

I never thought the sharing food choices with strangers was mandatory. Hopefully, there are two-tops available since we're not into table sharing either. We'll try Curtis Stone. Who knows, we may like it. Anyone seen a menu?