Curtis Stone restaurant to replace Sabatini's

KruzPrincess

I have found nothing yet stating the Chef's Table will use the Share concept. As has already been mentioned it could be just a new menu designed by Curtis Stone.

I think that's the case. Stone talks about it on the video on the Princess site and he makes clear the restaurant is different from the Chef's Table and the MDR dishes.

To be fair, I've had to 'share' main dishes at the Chef's table before. I've been to 2 such dinners where there was a rack of meat that was flambeed in front of us, and everyone took meat from the communal rack. And the side dishes (potatoes, vegetables) were also on communal plates to take. But only for the main course.

Thank you for bringing this up. We attended the Chef's table as well and I thought that was the case but I couldn't quite remember.

I dread the idea of sharing, even with my own DH. When we go out, I want seafood and he wants meat . IMHO , the joy of going to a restaurant is we each can have what we want. HAL has one of these restaurants where you share on its Lido, and neither of us was happy when we tried it .

Yes, that is what I like about a restaurant, too. To order what I want. Not to share what others want.

What cruise line would be comparable' date=' with a good Italian specialty restaurant?[/quote']

I believe that Celebrity is probably the closest to Princess, much the same only different. We've been on five different Princess ships, and recently completed our first, and probably last, Celebrity trip on the Silhouette just last month. Celebrity, at least on the bigger ships, have more, and more varied, specialty restaurants, most at significant cost. Sabatini's and the CG were a steal at $25. We found that our meal in the Tuscan Grill, at $50 PP was much, much better than anything we ever experienced on Princess. Somewhat better service, and much better quality food than Sabatini's, as befits the price. Excellent all around, especially given the location at the stern with the wrap-around windows. Wine prices also somewhat higher than Princess. Still, we'll miss Sabatini's, I would have preferred having Share in addition to Sabatini's, instead of in place of. Too bad they couldn't have found the space for both.

I do not know but we have RCI and Celebrity booked. We also have Regal booked for 2017 so I guess we'll have a chance to sample Share. I can see where large groups and families could enjoy Share but I'm not into sharing dishes with strangers. This could be a noro outbreak waiting to happen.

I certainly they preserve the suites breakfast. That was outstanding.

Never does the Curtis Stone video talk about sharing with strangers:eek:

So disappointed to hear that Sabatini's is going away. I guess I had not realized how the Curtis Stone restaurant would affect things. We love dinner at Sabatini's and try to go on every cruise (sometimes even more than once).

I am not a fan of family style meals. I will of course give it a try, but my expectations are not high for this, and very disappointed about Sabatini's going away. My kids will be disappointed as well. I know cruises serve to the masses, but I've always felt the specialty restaurants were like going to fine dining, and family style meals are not fine dining, in my opinion. Boo, but I still love Princess and will of course try this out as it's rolled out.

I believe that Celebrity is probably the closest to Princess, much the same only different. We've been on five different Princess ships, and recently completed our first, and probably last, Celebrity trip on the Silhouette just last month. Celebrity, at least on the bigger ships, have more, and more varied, specialty restaurants, most at significant cost. Sabatini's and the CG were a steal at $25. We found that our meal in the Tuscan Grill, at $50 PP was much, much better than anything we ever experienced on Princess. Somewhat better service, and much better quality food than Sabatini's, as befits the price. Excellent all around, especially given the location at the stern with the wrap-around windows. Wine prices also somewhat higher than Princess. Still, we'll miss Sabatini's, I would have preferred having Share in addition to Sabatini's, instead of in place of. Too bad they couldn't have found the space for both.

Thanks so much for the information about the Tuscan Grill. Sounds good!

Just read all the posts about SHARE. As a person with many "Food Allergies" I am not sure how this concept would work for me. The head waiter usually has me look at the menu in the MDR the night before to make sure that the food I have requested is prepared in a way as to not compromise any allergy I may have. I feel that this new concept would be restricting to the people I am dining with and would prohibit them from ordering dishes they would like to try based on the fact that they have to share with me. I personally am not in favor of this concept and hope that it is only in the SHARE restaurant and not implemented in the MDR as indicated in some posts.

Just read all the posts about SHARE. As a person with many "Food Allergies" I am not sure how this concept would work for me. The head waiter usually has me look at the menu in the MDR the night before to make sure that the food I have requested is prepared in a way as to not compromise any allergy I may have. I feel that this new concept would be restricting to the people I am dining with and would prohibit them from ordering dishes they would like to try based on the fact that they have to share with me. I personally am not in favor of this concept and hope that it is only in the SHARE restaurant and not implemented in the MDR as indicated in some posts.

Had you bothered to read the posts and press releases, this concept will only be for SHARE. The MDR will have regular dishes created by Curtis Stone.

What I can't understand is all the negativity since no one really knows what it's going to be. How can anyone be critical of something they know next to nothing about? Assumptions are often wrong.

I'm looking forward to book an Alaska cruise for May, 2017 on the Ruby, and liked what I saw in Sabatini's. I looked at the clip about Share, and was not impressed with the food or the concept. This won't change my mind for the cruise, but I'll skip Share. By the way, this will be my first on Princess. Have cruisd mostly RCCL, with some Carnival, and a little NCL.

What I can't understand is all the negativity since no one really knows what it's going to be. How can anyone be critical of something they know next to nothing about? Assumptions are often wrong.

Honestly, the menu is enough to turn me off and that won't change my mind once on the ship (unless they change the menu). I don't have to experience the menu to know if it would be something I would like or not like.

Honestly, the menu is enough to turn me off and that won't change my mind once on the ship (unless they change the menu). I don't have to experience the menu to know if it would be something I would like or not like.

What menu? I don't think it has been posted yet? If that's the case, how do you know what's going to be presented?

Sample listings were given in the pr materials..not appealing enough to want to book at a specialty venue to actually taste it..and the design photos make it seem "uncozy"

saw him recently on a tv shopping channel hawking cookware or something ....not impressed!