Curtis Stone restaurant to replace Sabatini's

KruzPrincess

I am on the Royal Princess and spoke with Frederico the Maitre D' today. I have copy and pasted a paragraph from my LIVE thread because I think this is interesting to others who may not be reading my report. Maybe this has been previously reported and I missed it....so forgive me if this is a repeat.

I did have a very nice conversation with Frederico, the Maitre D today. This is his second cruise on the Royal. I asked him about the Curtis Stone roll out. I've read the press, but here is something that I didn't know: He said that Curtis Stone Share will replace Sabatini's. He believes the roll out will be approximately one ship a month thoughout 2016. I believe he said the Regal would the first. He thinks it will come to the Royal at drydock. Some ships will have to have it changed without drydock and he doesn't know how that will be done. Other Curtis Stone features will be rolled out slowly and he didn't have a date for that. He talked a lot about the hand crafted nature of the Norman Love items. They have three staff member who just make Norman Love desserts.

Added: Obviously, the space will remain the same, but the restaurants will be redecorated.

Very interesting. This is the first I've heard of how the Curtis Stone thing would be implemented. I wonder if Sabatini's has been under-performing for Princess.

Now that they have been having Alfredo's for lunch in the Sabatini's venue it would be a bummer if that went away.

I would hate to see that happen. I like Sabatini's and do not particularly care for the Stone concept. Bucca de Berpo tired that on land. I have tried it for special occasions and never cared for it. Bucca has closed a lot of stores and I think might not be doing well with that concept. It was trendy, but the trend might be over.

Plenty of threads on this already for one to search for.

Here is the Princess press release from August with the rough timetable of arrival on board:

http://www.princess.com/news/press_releases/2015/08/Princess-Cruises-Introduces-Share-by-Curtis-Stone.html#.VipuD36rTcs

(Please note I am pointing out the age of the information not to chastise those who missed it but to commemorate this rare occasion that Princess issued a press release that was both informative and timely (not months after the rest of the web reported on it))

I had heard about the Curtis Stone thing when it was first announced. I just hadn't realized that it was intended to replace Sabatini's - although I had wondered where/how it was to be implemented.

Having never eaten at Sabatini's I won't miss it but, as I said above, I would miss having the option of Alfredo's at lunch in that venue. Perhaps they will continue to do that after the Curtis Stone implementation.

However it works out, we will still be firmly committed Princess cruisers. :)

Clicked on Shoguns link

Love to be very sociable with fellow travelers but prefer our own company for intimate dining. We do so hope they will retain an odd corner of tables for two.

We agree...not looking to share dinner platters while seated on banquettes.

..We are new to Princess & were looking forward to Sabatinis...the new sharing concept, menu and look of Share leaves us cold....but for Princess regulars, perhaps a fresh idea will be appealing.

Hope the Crown Grill will not be replaced as we are very much looking forward to it,

From what I've been able to learn there will still be tables for two or will be just be with your own group ... not being forced to share with others you don't know unless you wish to do so.

Don't know ... just what some others are saying ... guess we'll all have wait and see to know for sure.

LuLu

We have very good memories of our experience in Sabatini's. However after seeing the new menu (new to us as opposed to the menu we had before) we will probably skip it this December.

I know many people rave about their experience in Sabatini's and that's great. Sometimes, change just doesn't work out. And I recognize its been many years since our last Princess cruise so some may be scratching their head wondering where the heck I'm coming from.

That's okay too. :cool:

Plenty of threads on this already for one to search for.

Here is the Princess press release from August with the rough timetable of arrival on board:

http://www.princess.com/news/press_releases/2015/08/Princess-Cruises-Introduces-Share-by-Curtis-Stone.html#.VipuD36rTcs

(Please note I am pointing out the age of the information not to chastise those who missed it but to commemorate this rare occasion that Princess issued a press release that was both informative and timely (not months after the rest of the web reported on it))

There has been other information that after the Emerald and Ruby the rollout will be to the Coral (01/16-01/30 drydock?) and the Sun where it will replace Verdi's Pizzeria. Edited by IECalCruiser

I haven't followed the Share discussions since it was announced, but I suspected right from the first announcement that it was going to replace the Sabatini's .

And in reality there really isn't any other available free space to add another concept restaurant onboard Princess ships, so something had to go, and of the Crown and Sabatini's, Sabatini's was IMO by far the weaker dinning experience of the two

Finger's crossed Share live's up to the pre-opening hype

Srpilo

There has been other information that after the Emerald and Ruby the rollout will be to the Coral (01/16-01/30 drydock?) and the Sun where it will replace Verdi's Pizzeria.

Said information included in the press release I linked to.

When Carnival went to its new menus in the Main Dining Room, it also tried the concept of sharing dishes with family, friends and fellow cruisers. As far as I know, it fell flat and people asked for and received individual servings. I wonder if Share will offer this as well for those who aren't comfortable sharing dishes with people they don't know.
If they can't accommodate just DW and me at SHARE then we won't be trying it. When we are sailing alone we really don't want to make small talk with anyone at dinner. There is a 4 day coastal on the Ruby next March that we might take to check out SHARE and the Salty Dog.

When Carnival went to its new menus in the Main Dining Room, it also tried the concept of sharing dishes with family, friends and fellow cruisers. As far as I know, it fell flat and people asked for and received individual servings. I wonder if Share will offer this as well for those who aren't comfortable sharing dishes with people they don't know.

From what I see, it appears as though SHARE would be a specialty dining option and therefore you would book a table for the number of people in your party (as you do at Crown Grill and Sabatini's). Table sharing would not be an issue. JMHO.

If anyone has any knowledge about this, please please post. Do you think they will do away with this suite perk. I sure hope not.

I think no one knows yet. I doubt they'll stop the suite breakfast perk but move it to another venue if they don't use SHARE. So far, only a few ships will be affected.