Suites... requesting liquor from concierge

BTwurddle

For anyone who has experience in suite accommodations, has anyone made a special request of a particular liquor for the in room bar? Im aware in general on RCCL liquor is not available for purchase even for in room consumption as on other lines but I also know from our time in an OS on navigator that the concierge, (Ricardo...who was ahhhh-mazing!) has almost as much pull as the captain or head purser! Has anyone requested a bottle of scotch or vodka for their bar from the concierge and had the request entertained? We are booked on in the RS on Rhapsody. We arent planning on hosting any parties but I do enjoy a scotch and coke with breakfast... yes...I should probably be going to meetings. Happy cruising all! (NO HATEFUL POSTS PLEASE)

For anyone who has experience in suite accommodations, has anyone made a special request of a particular liquor for the in room bar? Im aware in general on RCCL liquor is not available for purchase even for in room consumption as on other lines but I also know from our time in an OS on navigator that the concierge, (Ricardo...who was ahhhh-mazing!) has almost as much pull as the captain or head purser! Has anyone requested a bottle of scotch or vodka for their bar from the concierge and had the request entertained? We are booked on in the RS on Rhapsody. We arent planning on hosting any parties but I do enjoy a scotch and coke with breakfast... yes...I should probably be going to meetings. Happy cruising all! (NO HATEFUL POSTS PLEASE)

You would have to email the Concierge on board Rhapsody as each Concierge handles requests differently. Email address is RH_Concierge@rccl.com There is an underscore "_" between RH and Concierge.

thank you. We are still 15 months out, I know this is incredibly premature but was just wondering. Thank you for the email formula, that will come in handy when we get close to sailing! We never had the need to ask while on Navigator. (previous lifestyle with a previous husband who couldnt relax to save his life) Now that its me and my soulmate we love to sit on the balcony with a drink and count the flying fish or curl up on the couch with a couple fingers (whisky drinker term) and watch tv as the world passes us by. Very thankful for the change of pace and well worth the time and hell to get here!

I specifically ask our concierge via email before we sailed about this, it was Luca on the Legend of the Seas. I asked for any way to have a bottle of liquor in our suite, and he told us this wasn't possible.

Hopefully you have better luck!

It doesn't matter what cabin you are in, you cannot get a bottle of liquor delivered to your room. You can however get individual drinks through room service.

Yes you can...our friends just did it on Oasis a few weeks ago in their GS thru the suites concierge...

Not a hater but...Scotch & Coke ??:eek::eek:

It doesn't matter what cabin you are in, you cannot get a bottle of liquor delivered to your room. You can however get individual drinks through room service.

Yes you can...our friends just did it on Oasis a few weeks ago in their GS thru the suites concierge...

Must be a brand new program that I never heard of as I doubt the concereige would risk losing their job to provide a guest a bottle of liquor. I am on Indy now so I will check with Raj to see if such a program exsists. It wasn't promoted in our suite perks paperwork this cruise or any of previous RC cruises in suites, which numerous ones have been on Oasis class ships.

The only thing we have received from the concereige was a bottle of champagne when staying the the RS and RLS.

I´m glad you posted this. I´ve sent the link to this thread to RCI headquaters, highlighting your post.

I asked them to clarify their policy on this and to clarify if the Concierge on the Oasis Needs some more Training for arranging something that´s not within companies policy, or if other Concierges nee some more Training to make this happen consistently throughout the fleet, as well as updating the rules on this, so Pax know what is allowed and what isn´t.

Afterall if this is allowed it´s time for a policy update and if it was against the rules, headquaters Need to know about their employees acting against Company policies.

I´m glad you posted this. I´ve sent the link to this thread to RCI headquaters, highlighting your post.

I asked them to clarify their policy on this and to clarify if the Concierge on the Oasis Needs some more Training for arranging something that´s not within companies policy, or if other Concierges nee some more Training to make this happen consistently throughout the fleet, as well as updating the rules on this, so Pax know what is allowed and what isn´t.

Afterall if this is allowed it´s time for a policy update and if it was against the rules, headquaters Need to know about their employees acting against Company policies.

I just hope that the poster's friends didn't lie to them, as this wouldn't be good for the concereige. I wonder if they snuck it on and just said they got it as a gift.

Maybe you should try to track down all those bartenders who supposedly give out free drinks for good tips, and MDR employees who allow shorts and ball caps, report all this to RCCL:rolleyes: A new full time job for you, RCCL CruiseCritic spy..................

Must be a brand new program that I never heard of as I doubt the concereige would risk losing their job to provide a guest a bottle of liquor. I am on Indy now so I will check with Raj to see if such a program exsists. It wasn't promoted in our suite perks paperwork this cruise or any of previous RC cruises in suites, which numerous ones have been on Oasis class ships.

The only thing we have received from the concereige was a bottle of champagne when staying the the RS and RLS.

Good stuff, or normal swill?

Potentially just one more policy that isn't enforced equally across all ships or even on the same ship from week to week.

I have been in grand and owners suites on Oasis and other ships, and I have never been able to get a bottle of vodka or any other liquor.

On Celebrity, yes if you are in a Royal Suite or above.

Well thank you to everyone who made a comment related to an actual exeperience on board... It appears as usual that the Cruise Critic SS soldiers seem to have hijacked my post.

BND - Referring to the original post, have you actually been told this after making this request as guest in one of the suites on board or are you just quoting a line from the RCCL website?

PLEIKU68 - I know, Scotch & Coke... :o Im not a proud man but once a rookie bartender mixed mistook Dewars for Bacardi and I actually liked it enough I politely pointed out the mistake just so she knew, then ordered another one and its been my drink of choice ever since... As I said, not a proud man lol.

PAULXYZ2004 - The entire purpose of a concierge whether in an airport lounge, hotel, cruise ship ect is to ensure the wants and needs of of a companies most profitable (not most vaulable) guests are met and attended to. They are often given discretion as to how to interpret or apply policies to their guests needs as they see fit. As any Texas business man will tell you, sometimes you have to through out an extra bale of hay to keep a cash-cow grazing in your field. ALSO... If you honestly have nothing better to do than contact RCCL and ensure their concierges are uniformly trained on following company policy across the entire fleet why not consider devoting your efforts to something more fruitful? Charity work perhaps? The holidays are approaching why not volunteer at a soup kitchen or food bank? You would probably sleep better knowing you did something for the better good of humanity, than knowing you kept Mrs. Jones from teaching her husband how to take a belly shot in the privacy of their own suite. Just saying...

Maybe you should try to track down all those bartenders who supposedly give out free drinks for good tips, and MDR employees who allow shorts and ball caps, report all this to RCCL:rolleyes: A new full time job for you, RCCL CruiseCritic spy..................

So I guess you are not in favor of some clarifying and consistency in policy?

I don´t think they Need me as a CC spy, but hey if they want to pay me for it, sure let the Money come.

BTW, yeah I´d be happy to Report any bartender giving out free Drinks for good tips. Lets face it, it´s stealing from the Company and the Company will have to raise the Price I as a customer have to pay, so ultimately it´s stealing from me.

Yeah, I´ve complained about the short and ball cap stuff before. In some cases even succesful in regards of the People being asked to leave and Change in appropriate clothing:cool:

Just ask the concierge. They either can fulfill the request or can not.

In my experiences, admittedly not as vast as some others here, the concierge is just there to insert themselves as another step along the way to something you could have done yourself, but your mileage may vary. I have never requested a bottle from them but if I wanted to, sure, I would ask and then find out if it is yes or no. Nothing to be walking on egg shells about.

I have had the opportunity to sail in 6 different suites on various ships on RCI.

Mariner, Freedom, Allure and Oasis.

When referring to drinks:

Only once did I even try to take a drink out of the lounge to dinner and that was on our first cruise years ago on Mariner......the conceirge frowned upon it and I quickly left when he was busy, just took my own drink to dinner but, did not do again.

I have seen all these men and women play by the book, but give extra attention to those who have the opportunity of sailing frequently with them more attention, but....................I cannot believe they would risk their job. Maybe I am naive, but doubt it.

I would love to have a bottle of Captains in the room, but I would not attempt to smuggle it on, nor ask someone to break the rule for me (Captains and diet coke)

Later

So I guess you are not in favor of some clarifying and consistency in policy?

I don´t think they Need me as a CC spy, but hey if they want to pay me for it, sure let the Money come.

BTW, yeah I´d be happy to Report any bartender giving out free Drinks for good tips. Lets face it, it´s stealing from the Company and the Company will have to raise the Price I as a customer have to pay, so ultimately it´s stealing from me.

Yeah, I´ve complained about the short and ball cap stuff before. In some cases even succesful in regards of the People being asked to leave and Change in appropriate clothing:cool:

I knew your first post would draw ire, but I'm happy you wrote RCI to get clarification. I don't like these conflicting reports any more than the next guy, and if I'm eligible to buy bottle of liquor for my suite I absolutely want to know that and that be consistent across ships. I'm waitlisted for a star class suite on Harmony for this very reason.

Well thank you to everyone who made a comment related to an actual exeperience on board... It appears as usual that the Cruise Critic SS soldiers seem to have hijacked my post.

BND - Referring to the original post, have you actually been told this after making this request as guest in one of the suites on board or are you just quoting a line from the RCCL website?

PLEIKU68 - I know, Scotch & Coke... :o Im not a proud man but once a rookie bartender mixed mistook Dewars for Bacardi and I actually liked it enough I politely pointed out the mistake just so she knew, then ordered another one and its been my drink of choice ever since... As I said, not a proud man lol.

PAULXYZ2004 - The entire purpose of a concierge whether in an airport lounge, hotel, cruise ship ect is to ensure the wants and needs of of a companies most profitable (not most vaulable) guests are met and attended to. They are often given discretion as to how to interpret or apply policies to their guests needs as they see fit. As any Texas business man will tell you, sometimes you have to through out an extra bale of hay to keep a cash-cow grazing in your field. ALSO... If you honestly have nothing better to do than contact RCCL and ensure their concierges are uniformly trained on following company policy across the entire fleet why not consider devoting your efforts to something more fruitful? Charity work perhaps? The holidays are approaching why not volunteer at a soup kitchen or food bank? You would probably sleep better knowing you did something for the better good of humanity, than knowing you kept Mrs. Jones from teaching her husband how to take a belly shot in the privacy of their own suite. Just saying...

You cannot buy or bring bottles of liquor for consumption onboard and the policy has been that way for a long time. A concierge doing this without any change in policy is not following their employers rules. A concierge does not exist to do for someone something that is against company policy/rules. They are there to provide services that are available and make it easier for the cruiser.

We have stayed in GS several times and have met many, many cruisers who are in GS and above and a lot of them have complained about not being able to get bottles for their cabins.

You obviously want bottle service which is why you are so defensive about it. Just because you want it doesn't make it so, even in a suite. I also love when people whine that someone has "hijacked" their post. This board exists for discussion and not just what the OP wants to talk about.

Edited by BND

Here is the exact wording of the email for the Legend of the Seas last December:

My email:

Also, is there any way to purchase bottles of liquor for my room? I will have the ultimate drink package, but would prefer to have some in my room so I don't have to constantly walk to the bar.

Response (from Luca):

Unfortunately for safety reason is not possible to purchase bottles of alcohol.