Adding Person to Room After Final Payment

Hello!

We have 2 connecting insides booked for our family of 3: dh and dd (14) in one and me booked as a single. On the ship, my dh and I will share a cabin while our 14 year-old daughter will have her own. We hope she can find a friend to join us, but not sure yet. Final payment is due Nov. 3. What happens if we want to add one more cruiser after final payment? Will we lose deposit money/have to book again?

Right now were asking a friend to join us, but time is getting short so I want to give the parents a deadline for deciding.

Thanks,

Koohiichan

We added my niece about a week before we were to sail. They could do it because the cabin we had for our three girls could sleep four. When they added her it was for the current sailing price (not the price we originally booked for) but only her cruise fare was at this rate and everyone else's remained the same.

You will need to call Royal and see how they will handle yours. You already have the space in your single cabin however you have also paid essentially for a second person in that cabin with the single cruiser fee. It may be better to book the friend and not pay the single fee and if she doesn't show you may not lose anything. You can always do a name change later if she winds up having a different friend go.

Hello!

We have 2 connecting insides booked for our family of 3: dh and dd (14) in one and me booked as a single. On the ship, my dh and I will share a cabin while our 14 year-old daughter will have her own. We hope she can find a friend to join us, but not sure yet. Final payment is due Nov. 3. What happens if we want to add one more cruiser after final payment? Will we lose deposit money/have to book again?

Right now were asking a friend to join us, but time is getting short so I want to give the parents a deadline for deciding.

Thanks,

Koohiichan

you don't need to book like that. As long as the cabin is next to yours, daughter can be booked alone. I'd book the friend in the cabin now. If they end up not going or you can't find anyone else (name can be changed up to 24 hrs from sailing) to go with her, you can cancel and get the taxes back. Much easier than trying to add later

I hadn't thought of some of these scenarios. I was actually wondering if it might be better to add her right after final payment since prices may plummet a bit. The ship does not seem full, at least no suites and insides. The price is about $50 more now per person than we had paid, but in the grand scheme, not that bad.

Hmmm. I think I'll try to add her before final payment by the 3rd.

Thanks,

Koohiichan

I was originally booked as a single for my June cruise on Freedom. I added my 15yo son after final payment. Since I had already paid the full single supplement for my own fare (I paid 200% of the per-person rate for double occupancy), the only additional cost was for the port taxes.

Even if the cabin will sleep another, there's no guarantee they will allow it...there are more "berths" than they allow bodies onboard....lifeboat numbers, you know....

This is so true . It's better to try to add the friend now because there is no guarantee you will be able to later. About 2 years ago my husband , son and I were booked in a room that slept 4. We were past final payment and a cousin around the same age as my son, showed interest in going. We knew it would be tight with an extra person in the room , but was willing to allow her to go . I called Royal but was unable to add her to the room because there were no available berths in our muster station . Even though technically there would be an extra bed , it would put them over the lifeboat limit in our section. There was no available rooms for us 4 to switch to either so she couldn't come with us.

I was originally booked as a single for my June cruise on Freedom. I added my 15yo son after final payment. Since I had already paid the full single supplement for my own fare (I paid 200% of the per-person rate for double occupancy), the only additional cost was for the port taxes.

Thanks! This is just our scenario. Good to know. At this point, I show cabins still available for this cruise and many insides and suites (and some other categories) still available. I'd doubt that the # of passengers has exceeded the limit yet and we are still more than a week from final payment.

Truth be told, her dad and I would be happy with just us 3 as a family, so if this all falls through, we will be fine with it and I'm sure our daughter would be okay, yet disappointed. It would be fun for her to have a friend though as she is an only child, and a teen now.

Cheers,

Koohiichan

I just did this for a sailing Nov. 23rd. I added a 4th person to a cabin that was a quad but only had 3 people in it. I was holding my breath that they would do it because the cruise was showing all categories as either closed or waitlisted. Apparently they must not have reach max, occupancy for the life boats because they allowed it. The 4th person paid exactly the same price has the 3rd person had originally paid.

I have 3 of us booked on the allure for April 2016 in a GS we are thinking about taking our granddaughter we were told that we have till final payment date to add her as a fourth person at the original 3rd person price. The price for her would be half of what they want now for a new booking.

I have 3 of us booked on the allure for April 2016 in a GS we are thinking about taking our granddaughter we were told that we have till final payment date to add her as a fourth person at the original 3rd person price. The price for her would be half of what they want now for a new booking.

They left out the fact that you can only do that provided lifeboat capacity is still available. It has happened to others, particularly on holiday and spring break cruises that lifeboat capacity gets reached fairly quickly as more families booking 4 to a room are travelling.

If you think that there is a chance that you would take your granddaughter then book her in now to secure the space then cancel if she does not go.

They left out the fact that you can only do that provided lifeboat capacity is still available. It has happened to others, particularly on holiday and spring break cruises that lifeboat capacity gets reached fairly quickly as more families booking 4 to a room are travelling.

If you think that there is a chance that you would take your granddaughter then book her in now to secure the space then cancel if she does not go.

Thanks

All of this information is very helpful, but I just wanted to emphasize that we have 2 cabins. Right now one of those cabins has only 1 person in it. So, I really think this scenario is unique in that we are already paying for 2 people, less the taxes, already. We would just be adding a name to this reservation.

I'm assuming that we only have to pay the taxes ( and tips at the end) if we add a person. Also, we don't said until January 17 so plenty of time.

In any case, I will let you all know what happens. We asked them to decide a few days before final payment, just in case.

Cheers,

Koohiichan

All of this information is very helpful, but I just wanted to emphasize that we have 2 cabins. Right now one of those cabins has only 1 person in it. So, I really think this scenario is unique in that we are already paying for 2 people, less the taxes, already. We would just be adding a name to this reservation.

I'm assuming that we only have to pay the taxes ( and tips at the end) if we add a person. Also, we don't said until January 17 so plenty of time.

In any case, I will let you all know what happens. We asked them to decide a few days before final payment, just in case.

Cheers,

Koohiichan

It doesn't matter if you're already paying for the 2nd person in your single supplement. They aren't counting that as a berth in the life boat. You are only taking up 3 berths. If the berths in the lifeboat for your section of the ship are full, it doesn't matter if you could add another person to your room because they won't allow it for muster/lifeboat purposes.

That's why you're being encouraged to book earlier rather than later.

Cheers,

Koohiichan

But you have to remember it is not about the fact that the cabin CAN fit the extra person, its all about who else is booked near you. Say the muster area is 10 cabins. If they all have 4 beds that means 40 people could stay in them. However, say the life boat only holds 30, that means some of the cabins will have empty beds, a total of 10 empty beds. If the cabins around you are filled to the max already (taking into account that one of your cabins only has one person, so your cabins have 3 lifeboat "seats" reserved for your party) you will not be able to add the friend.

Now, considering you are going in January chances are most cabins only have 2, and with the fact that some people cancel close to final payment opening up cabins, you are probably OK, but there is still that slim chance that you might not be.

Totally your choice on booking now or waiting, but you do need to take all the possibilities into account.

Edited by akcruz

Even if the cabin will sleep another, there's no guarantee they will allow it...there are more "berths" than they allow bodies onboard....lifeboat numbers, you know....

This has happened to us. We booked 14 months in advance two adjoining inside cabins with 4 adults and 4 kids. One of the adults dropped out because of a job related issue. Then before final payment we wanted to add her back into our cabin, because there was the open berth for her. We couldn't add her because there were already to many bodies on board.

Since it's not going to cost you anything to add her now, I would go ahead and add her now.

If she cancels, you'll still be paying the same amount for the room because you have to pay for the Single Supplement cost.

If she doesn't cancel, then you have the peace of mind knowing that you have the spot saved for her.

We got confirmation today that my daughter's friend can join us so we added her to my room. Since I was already paying the single supplement, they only charged me the port taxes, etc., around $111. I had to pay a deposit for her, too. No worries. Our final payment is due early next week.

This is the first time we've brought an unrelated child (teen) with us so hoping it goes well. We are not worried about some of the teen stuff b/c they are only 14 so we aren't facing some of those older teen issues yet. And, she seems like a nice kid, but we don't know her as well as some of our daughter's other friends. This is her first cruise and we hope she enjoys it.

Thanks for the advice!

Koohiichan

We got confirmation today that my daughter's friend can join us so we added her to my room. Since I was already paying the single supplement, they only charged me the port taxes, etc., around $111. I had to pay a deposit for her, too. No worries. Our final payment is due early next week.

This is the first time we've brought an unrelated child (teen) with us so hoping it goes well. We are not worried about some of the teen stuff b/c they are only 14 so we aren't facing some of those older teen issues yet. And, she seems like a nice kid, but we don't know her as well as some of our daughter's other friends. This is her first cruise and we hope she enjoys it.

Thanks for the advice!

Koohiichan

Read this too:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=322&faqSubjectName=Before+You+Purchase+&faqId=2702