Equinox luminae 10/27 update

Wj420

... Why can't Luminae serve a light soap, sandwich, salad lunch that would not require a huge staff for those that really want to eat in a real dining room on port days?Until they provide what was promised, we will not pay extra for a suite.

Because if they only served a light lunch the suite guests would complain that they want a more substantial lunch every day with longer hours.

Because if they only served a light lunch the suite guests would complain that they want a more substantial lunch every day with longer hours.

I don't get it why so many.posters play armchair psychologists trying to analyze the thoughts of those who book suites.

If Celebrity would simply spell out the program and only make changes going forward, I'm sure people would understand.. Maybe the CEO should give us a clue since she originally gave us the info.

Instead they keep the wheel of fortune spinning .

After reading this thread, I am glad I switched our booking to an aft Concierge on Constellation from a CS. I did it the FIRST time people reported that Luminae was not always open for breakfast and lunch as promised. For three cruises starting in 2007, we booked a suite on NCL just to get breakfast and lunch in a quiet dining room. We loved those meals, but the MDR went downhill so much, we switched back to Celebrity and Princess. Why can't Luminae serve a light soap, sandwich, salad lunch that would not require a huge staff for those that really want to eat in a real dining room on port days?Until they provide what was promised, we will not pay extra for a suite.

I truly hope you didn't make your decision to downgrade from a CS based on this thread. I think you're getting a rather one-sided view here. We're 22 nights into our 25-night Equinox B2B in a CS and have found Luminae to be wonderful. The atmosphere, food and service are the best on this ship. We're delighted with our choice and have signed up for two additional cruises while on board, both in a CS. Luminae is one of the reasons, although the other suite perks helped too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is absolutely no doubt that Luminae is a HUGE step up from the MDR and even Blu. Is it better than other specialty dining? It varies from night to night and dish to dish, just like any other restaurant.

Is Celebrity handling the roll-out well? No way. The mis-communication/non-communication and training about policies from day 1 has been off, and now the B,L,D issue arises again. Dissemination and follow-up of policies should not be that hard. Corporate person in charge, sends and email to all HDs and GRMs. They meet with the MC Concierge and F&B Managers to inform of new policy. Policy is implemented, appropriate manager follows-up, and it's done.

When I check-in to a Marriott, if I am not offered a gift (amenity or points), I am given $100. Period. Believe me, they ask what I would like, every time (and I have lots of experience, never yet have I been able to ask for the cash). They are well trained to make sure they ask.

It's not mentioned here often, but until the week of roll out of the new suite class, en suite spa services were also listed as a benefit for RS and above. I was actually looking forward to a message en suite on my upcoming cruise with a huge balcony, but that was eliminated a while ago so now I can only think of what would have been. Sure, I understand why this may be "risky" but really is it riskier than in a room at the spa? Why offer it to remove it without thinking this through in the first place?

Happy sailing,

Jenna

There is absolutely no doubt that Luminae is a HUGE step up from the MDR and even Blu. Is it better than other specialty dining? It varies from night to night and dish to dish, just like any other restaurant.

Is Celebrity handling the roll-out well? No way. The mis-communication/non-communication and training about policies from day 1 has been off, and now the B,L,D issue arises again. Dissemination and follow-up of policies should not be that hard. Corporate person in charge, sends and email to all HDs and GRMs. They meet with the MC Concierge and F&B Managers to inform of new policy. Policy is implemented, appropriate manager follows-up, and it's done.

When I check-in to a Marriott, if I am not offered a gift (amenity or points), I am given $100. Period. Believe me, they ask what I would like, every time (and I have lots of experience, never yet have I been able to ask for the cash). They are well trained to make sure they ask.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Right on target. The issue is what was committed and not delivered or changed, despite assurances from the CEO. For me, I just want to know what I am paying for. With the current premium for SS over a veranda, I don't see booking a SS anytime soon, so for maybe it is a moot point for me until this BBB nonsense comes to an end.

The premium for suites surged rather high and it was based on promises. When paying the price of a downpayment on a condo..people are just going to have expectations that what they are sold is what they get. Premium priced vacations should not be worried about making a narrow window of operation to get their meal:roll eyes:

Blu premium is no where in the ballpark as what happened to suite prices. Although it seems to have surged a bit lately on some cruises.

The premium for suites surged rather high and it was based on promises. When paying the price of a downpayment on a condo..people are just going to have expectations that what they are sold is what they get. Premium priced vacations should not be worried about making a narrow window of operation to get their meal:roll eyes:

Blu premium is no where in the ballpark as what happened to suite prices. Although it seems to have surged a bit lately on some cruises.

Exactly. We're not paying $1500 for a cruise. We're happy to get the cabins we're booking for that PER NIGHT. If I buy a car or a condo for similar amounts, and it says it comes with an airbag or a dishwasher respectively, I expect to get it. Same applies, when you pay for a cruise where X was promised, and don't get it, you only have v which just leaves you dissatisfied.

Heck, we're not asking for anything that they didn't build they expectation for!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

• 3 weeks later...
When I booked my CS one of the included things was three meals a day in the suite restaurant, EVERY day. That's what I booked. Now regardless of whether I decide to dine every meal in that restaurant, it should be available for me to choose from. There is an up charge of $35 a head for suite guests for lunch, Bistro is $10 a head and free for those in a royal or penthouse anyway. I'd like to see some acknowledgement of this loss of value.

I'm sorry Celebrity but this isn't good enough. You should be delivering what I booked, not cutting back because you've not staffed it adequately.

As others have said one of the perks I was looking for was lunch in this restaurant on port days as we been to some ports many times so won't get off the ship.

I agree with you Debbie - we were planning to have lunch on board and looking forward to the new suite restaurant. If Bistro has improved, great, but still not what we expected.

• 1 month later...
Is there a particular time for the complimentary lunch at Bistro on 5 for Suite Class guests on port days?

any time during posted lunch hours which, by the way, is way longer than lunch in Luminae is open on sea days. hmmmm

you might also ask which menu is avaiable on which ship bc X has once again changed the Bo5 menu, but only on certain ships.

Is there a particular time for the complimentary lunch at Bistro on 5 for Suite Class guests on port days?

On the Eclipse in December, I was told it was not a problem anytime on that day. I also had an ultimate package but several SS guest ate at various times those days in Bistro.